Author Topic: Random freezes?  (Read 662 times)

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
Random freezes?
« on: 06-09-2009, 10:09:27 »
This happened 3 times to me tonight.  I would be playing the game the normally and then the game would just freeze.  Everything locks up, including the sound (it keeps playing the same sound clip over and over).  There was no way to fix it except to Ctrl+Alt+Del and end task.  But even when I opened the Task manager, my mouse was still locked. I had to navigate the Task Manager with my keyboard to shut down BF2 (which was labeled "Not Responding").  My computer was fine after that, until it happened again and I had to go through the whole thing again.

The first time it happened, I was Canadian on Lebisey.  I had grabbed a sniper rifle from main and was making my way towards the West AT flag.  I was in the field to the north of the flag, about a grid away when it froze.  The next Time it happened was on Totalize, an hour or two later.   I had just spawned into the Canadian Airfield with an engineer kit when it froze.  The third time was about 15 minutes after the second time, still on Totalize.  I spawned at the Canadian airfield with the engineer kit, and hopped into a Typhoon.  As I started to pull out from under the camo net, it froze again.

After the third time, I decided to take a break from FH2 and check the forums.  I figured I should post this, to try to get to the bottom of it.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: Random freezes?
« Reply #1 on: 06-09-2009, 12:09:29 »
How is the temperature of your GPU doing? It's still summer and when using the shaders on the Sniperrifle my GPU ramps up the fanspeed as well.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Ionizer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-09-2009, 02:09:10 »
I don't know.  I already have a small fan pointed at my computer when I play (an old habit from when I was too lazy to clean the dust out, I've cleaned it recently, though).

I don't know how to check the temperature on my GPU, though...

Offline bjack

• in_ur_base, campin ur planez
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-09-2009, 03:09:07 »
I don't know.  I already have a small fan pointed at my computer when I play (an old habit from when I was too lazy to clean the dust out, I've cleaned it recently, though).

I don't know how to check the temperature on my GPU, though...

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Offline Ionizer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07-09-2009, 11:09:20 »
I'd rather not get new software.  Isn't there any way of checking without a third party software?

This keeps happening, btw. 2-3 times tonight, one of which was so bad that Ctrl+Alt+Del didn't even work and I need to hard reset (hold the power button until it turns off) my computer to get out of it.  It still seems to happen randomly, at least, I can't find any common things between the times it freezes...