Author Topic: Revolting Uniting  (Read 306889 times)

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Revolting Uniting
« Reply #720 on: 27-05-2012, 01:05:48 »
Being swedish, I thought the one place I can turn to without hearing about the ESC would be these boards. but no...

Facebook and twitter cluttered with Loreen and "OMG WE WON<3<3". I won't even touch any newspapers for the next week.

Quoting the lyrics of a swedish punk band as a response:
Music made to sell, and not for your mental health - will fade away
« Last Edit: 27-05-2012, 01:05:13 by Tedacious »
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #721 on: 27-05-2012, 01:05:43 »
So Sweden won the Eurovision Politics Contest then?

Was there anything to rival the Epic Sax Guy of a few years back?

Did the UK get more than zero points?

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 27-05-2012, 01:05:59 »
Who watches this for listening good music is totally wrong. This is a worthless battle of national pride under the protective cloak of a music contest. Apparently retarded moves and pseudo-epicness did the job for sweden this year. And it's indeed worse than DJ Bobo :D

I basically wanna puke when I see the grinning reporters from the different countries going like: "Oh my gooood, you are all sooooo amazing, this is sooo great !!!" - Nope, it's not.

Only song I ever considered as really good was Glow by Madcon and that flashmob dance to the song in 2010. For a few minutes there was the spirit like it should be. As far as I can remember the 2010 contest was overall better than usual anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3gEHRENCHc&feature=related

Note the retarded presenters once again at the start =D

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: 27-05-2012, 03:05:57 »
« Last Edit: 27-05-2012, 03:05:34 by LHeureux »
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 27-05-2012, 03:05:51 »
I´m quite tipsy, so excuse me if my emotions are influencing my comment.

I really wonder about the music you get in the television and radio 24/7. Not a single rock, metal, electro or whatever good genre song. Just this stupid singing about feelings and some hipsters singing about love (you know, young men with a beard, hood and earrings holding a guitar). Where the fuck is real music? Haven´t heard electric guitars in quite a while on the radio. I´m forced to listen to this other shit when driving car because the radio in it is so crappy I can´t attach my mp3 player. All people I know agree that there is just shit in the media, but how does it come it´s in the charts? Are there so many 13 year old girls voting bullcrap into the charts or is the whole society going down the drain? Is it managers/labels not giving a single fuck about music but just producing shit after shit that sells to make their profits?

I don´t wanna hear Bruno Mars singing about "how much he loves a girl". I don´t want to hear milow and all this other shit. i don´t want to listen to dull Rihannas voice. This makes me angry. Today I spent a whole hour switching through the 4 radio stations available on my cars radio and noticed I didn´t stick on a station for longer than 2 mins the whole fucking way.

The Eurovision Song Contest is the epi-center of shit offering nothing but that crap you also hear on the radio, if not worse.

Fuck this shit I´m going to bed.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: 27-05-2012, 04:05:58 »
but really though who doesn't love Jedward???

honestly though I do like pop music.  Just cause it isn't soulful doesn't mean i can't think its fun to listen to. 

Edit: Also the chick from Greece was really fucking hot.
« Last Edit: 27-05-2012, 04:05:30 by Captain Pyjama Shark »

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #726 on: 27-05-2012, 09:05:47 »

I really wonder about the music you get in the television and radio 24/7. Not a single rock, metal, electro or whatever good genre song. Just this stupid singing about feelings and some hipsters singing about love (you know, young men with a beard, hood and earrings holding a guitar). Where the fuck is real music? Haven´t heard electric guitars in quite a while on the radio. I´m forced to listen to this other shit when driving car because the radio in it is so crappy I can´t attach my mp3 player. All people I know agree that there is just shit in the media, but how does it come it´s in the charts? Are there so many 13 year old girls voting bullcrap into the charts or is the whole society going down the drain? Is it managers/labels not giving a single fuck about music but just producing shit after shit that sells to make their profits?

I don´t wanna hear Bruno Mars singing about "how much he loves a girl". I don´t want to hear milow and all this other shit. i don´t want to listen to dull Rihannas voice. This makes me angry. Today I spent a whole hour switching through the 4 radio stations available on my cars radio and noticed I didn´t stick on a station for longer than 2 mins the whole fucking way.

The Eurovision Song Contest is the epi-center of shit offering nothing but that crap you also hear on the radio, if not worse.

Don't you have some kind of "Klassischer Rock Radio" or similar in Germany? There are at least 2 radio stations with good music here in Poland. :D

Also, here you go a song about the issue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Gs4xGw1Eg
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: 27-05-2012, 10:05:43 »
@Butcher: IMO, listening to "Top 40" music gives you brain cancer.

Thank god for non-commercial radio stations... ;)

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 27-05-2012, 11:05:46 »

Get one of these: http://www.amazon.com/FM-Transmitters-MP3-Player-Accessories/b?ie=UTF8&node=13981621
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #729 on: 27-05-2012, 13:05:24 »

Couldn't agree more. There are some good internet radios I heard, doesn't help you in the car though. I don't listen to radio a lot anymore, you brought up the reasons for that already.

There still is good music out there and you can't really blame the radio stations. If they don't fit the mainstream anymore, they go down. It's the society that develops and supports this shit.

I just have to look on facebook and see people posting bullshit party music and going crazy about it.
Well, I can not blame people for liking a style of music I don't like. But to me everything seems soulless, unsincere. Every song sounds as the other, it's horrible.

I think people pushing this music are female 10-20 year olds.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to attack any pop music listeners, I also like a song here and there, but generally I think it's sad that you dont get to listen that e-guitar anymore. But how many real rockbands are still out there and have really big, worldwide success ? Not a lot. So everything you get to hear is some Foo Fighters song here and there on the radio. Usually that one that has most pop-elements in it.

But there is still good music of all kind, I don't feel that everything is crap, I actually feel quite fine listening to music, just not on the radio, just not too much of that mainstream stuff. Still a sad developement to me.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 27-05-2012, 13:05:20 »
Thank you, you restored my faith in humanity. And Musti than you for that song!
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: 27-05-2012, 14:05:12 »
www.shoutcast.com might interest you. I've been a visitor for over 15 years now. Take your pick! :)

Who won the Eastern European Freak Contest anyway? Let me guess, the grannies from Russia? Or Albania maybe. Bus accident Bjork, owww. I remember there being strange competitors when I was young, but man, since Dana International, it's just a freak show.

Holland shouldn't complain either, since TROS TV took over, all we are sending is F-artists that are considered huge talents in a small inbred, nationalistic and drugridden fishing village called Volendam. That is the reason you are seeing IQ-less acts from Holland that would do great in 1965. I apologize on behalf of the rest of the country. We could have sent a babe in a Cher suit (yep, such a suit) + dito background girls or some slick dime-a-dozen soul dude.

But no, they sent an indian that can't sing, and the year before that...don't even get me started. 500.000 euro's we can cut right there.
« Last Edit: 27-05-2012, 14:05:41 by Gezoes »

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: 27-05-2012, 15:05:16 »
This is highly related to TV-shows like Idol.

Short explanation why I hate those shows more than anything.

The people who win/go far in those contests can only sing "by the book", and that really isn't what matters. Of course I can admire them for singing well, but that does not make a great singer/song. Lyrics and especially passion and feel are way more important.

Put an unknown Bob Dylan or Joe Strummer, or even Robert Plant in those contest. They would be laughed at and kicked out in the first round.

Still the public praise these Idol-singers, "OMG I love them!" when (I'm sure) no one of them writes their own songs, and their songs are just bland and generic, sounding exactly like the one who won the year before, only to have been forgotten within 5 years.

Same goes for ESC, except that is even worse, the way they try to exploit the concept in every way possible to make money. With all the qualifications etc.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Harmonikater

• FH-Betatester
  • Resident Crazy Composer
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 27-05-2012, 21:05:25 »
honestly thats why i never listen to the radio while driving. however i do sometimes forget my mp3 player connecting thingey, in which case i might listen to the classical channel (also only channel that sometimes plays jazz) or, if im not driving for more then half an hour, the news channel (cause otherwise you hear the same stories all the time)
I do bad things to the BF2 engine.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: 27-05-2012, 21:05:09 »
Actually I didn't extend my car antenna. And the connector isn't plugged into the radio. I'm not even tempted to listen to those 4 and a 1/2 radio stations at all. I use my MP3 player or I enjoy the silence.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom