Author Topic: AT RIFLES  (Read 3838 times)

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
AT RIFLES
« on: 19-04-2009, 20:04:00 »
How do i kill ALL the tanks in fh2 with the at riles
well almost all . ;)
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

Re: AT RIFLES
« Reply #1 on: 19-04-2009, 21:04:58 »
You cant really, there are some weak points on the medium tanks but it still takes many hits to kill. You can however kill stuarts/cruisers/crusaders/pz2/italian tanks by hitting them on the rear or sides.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #2 on: 19-04-2009, 21:04:26 »
Oh I know about one tank..
Panzer III, shoot at the back (exhaust pipe) gives little damage but can let the guy bail and then snipe him with the AT rifle.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19-04-2009, 21:04:10 »
Simple answer:  You don't.

Better answer: Aim for vulnerable areas, such as the tracks, the rear, on top of the engine deck (behind the turret), and the commander's cupola.  both the AT rifles have the same penetration (I believe) but the Boys Rifle is better because it fires faster.  The Tiger, Matilda, and Valentine are all but immune to AT Rifles, the Sherman, Grant, and Panzer 4 are technically capable of being killed by them, but take far too long unless you are just finishing the job someone else failed at.  Panzer 3 takes several (more then 5) shots to the engine deck to take out.  Lighter tanks can be taken out with less than 5 shots.  Panzer 2 are bait if they don't know where you are, they take 2-3 shots from the side or rear.

Soft skinned targets (Jeeps, Trucks, APCs) are taken down in 1-3 shots.  Aim for their engine compartments.  AT Rifles are awesome at sniping fixed gun emplacements (At Guns, AA guns, Arty).  2 Pounders are easy pickings, especially.  Also, Infantry are turned into chunky red goo by AT Rifles (note that the ATRs have a small "splash" effect vs infantry, if you see a hit indicator, you may not have scored a clean hit, although he will be lightly suppressed).

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19-04-2009, 22:04:24 »
Good post Ionizer, just on the Grant, it is way easier to kill with the AT rifles as the sherman - if you aim for the side door.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19-04-2009, 22:04:05 »
I once killed a Panzer III on Gazala with 5 shots in the rear, but damn, it took a hell of a long time! So it's not impossible, but you have to

1) make sure all 5 shots hit the rear, not the sides, or anything else
2) make sure you're not spotted in the process

I was lucky enough to be inside a bush (one of the few on Gazala) and the tanker was looking around at the flag area for enemies, busy capping the flag, so I was able to take the shots at him.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20-04-2009, 10:04:06 »
i believe the german AT rifle is slightly stronger (at least it was so in real live) in terms of armor penetration. but the slow rate of fire makes it the weaker weapon
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20-04-2009, 11:04:37 »
i believe the german AT rifle is slightly stronger (at least it was so in real live) in terms of armor penetration. but the slow rate of fire makes it the weaker weapon

for crusaders fire at the top of their turret, this is my only tips, light tanks are too easy for German AT rifles.

Offline Moku

• Waaagh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20-04-2009, 11:04:05 »
For crusader you don't need to fire on top of the turret as you can damage it by firing the sides or back of the turret. About 3 shot there and crusader is goner (most likely driver will bail out before it goes boom).

Ohh and as far as I know you can kill Panzer 2 from the front if they are not Ausf. F (yellow version) which have more frontal armour.

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20-04-2009, 12:04:06 »
Once a time we shall need a graphical illustration of the tanks and where their weak spots are.  ;)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20-04-2009, 13:04:45 »
Once a time we shall need a graphical illustration of the tanks and where their weak spots are.  ;)

Ah Job for you :)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20-04-2009, 13:04:55 »
The problem is, if I would draw it, you would only see tanks covered in red, because my usual approach to tanks is a combination of a jeep and several pounds of explosives.  :D And I have no idea of weak spots, except one or two on the Grant and the Crusader.
Yet we all could gather weak spots here, test them and if we have an extensive survey of the tanks together we might open a new thread where one or more people publish the final results in graphical version. Someone else could take some perfect screenshots of every tanks from the X, Y and Z-axis, someone else separates them from the background in a graphics software, the next one gathers all the info from the thread and marks the pictures appropiately. This way work could be spread, it's too much for one man anyways as some testing would be adequate.
But this is just an idea I just had.  ;)

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20-04-2009, 18:04:16 »
that helped
I know you cant just go rambo and take one out
and as i figured all those spots where weak ::)
thanks
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #13 on: 21-04-2009, 00:04:06 »
You mean similar to this?

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #14 on: 21-04-2009, 09:04:01 »
A clanmate of us made a start with that, looked very good. Not handing it out to you though  :-X
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."