Author Topic: World at War Naval Warfare and Custom Map Day - Saturday July 2nd 2011  (Read 13600 times)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
Tyrrhenian Sea

Interesting setup. Lots of tense moments of hide and seek within the archipelago, not to mention wholesale slaughter in the air. Even die-hard footsloggers will find something to do here! Good fun.

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
Good times today, killing Kelmola 5 times in a row in various schnellboots, shooting down planes with the cargoship main gun, and trying to avoid torpedos. Made it into the harbour with 1½ bars HP left, barely missing Lainers torpedo & shooting him dead by the entrance.
« Last Edit: 09-07-2011, 00:07:58 by Paasky »
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline RonidLanis

• View Profile
Sorry for the quality, my PC is too old to run FH2 in full details. That was also my first attempt in making such video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV4VnN8sNDc&feature=mh_lolz&list=HL1310372305

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
The video is very nice, as allways when someone shows FH2 stuff ;D
The only think I would change, is the music - it made me laugh. It reminds me of some old Baywatch stuff or something like that. Only thing that is missing, is David Hasselhoff ;D

A little tip (not only to you): You can't spot enemy units via the comrose, as in BF2. You need a Binocular, and then you can spot with hitting "Q" (by defaut) and selecting the kind of the target. I see alot of people spotting/spamming on the public servers on the wrong way. But finaly you can't see anything on the minimap. ;)
« Last Edit: 11-07-2011, 15:07:48 by 5hitm4k3r »

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
your naval combat looks very interesting. Great work!   ;)

did you model & code all these ships?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile

Most models are ported over from FH1. I don't know about the coding.

Offline RonidLanis

• View Profile
The video is very nice, as allways when someone shows FH2 stuff ;D
The only think I would change, is the music - it made me laugh. It reminds me of some old Baywatch stuff or something like that. Only thing that is missing, is David Hasselhoff ;D

It was suppose to be funny, at 3 am I was able to either laugh or fall asleep on my keyboard and since I wanted to stay to the end, I found a Baywatch theme song :P. I'll do the "serious" version, with approperiate music soon.

A little tip (not only to you): You can't spot enemy units via the comrose, as in BF2. You need a Binocular, and then you can spot with hitting "Q" (by defaut) and selecting the kind of the target. I see alot of people spotting/spamming on the public servers on the wrong way. But finaly you can't see anything on the minimap. ;)

I was not spotting for arty etc. just wanted to highlight the enemy for myself to be sure not to TK anyone.

Offline mnenoch

• View Profile
Just have to thank the WaW guys for putting this on. I had a great deal of fun with these maps - really brought back the FH1 memories a lot. We may not having moveable carriers or guys being able to run around on deck but still even with those caveats the naval warfare is surprisingly a ton of fun. Good job on Malta it is a ton of fun on that map with the objectives. Keep up the good work.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
And most of all, a big thanks for WaW for letting this event run far longer than a single night - priceless!

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile

Models & textures are from FH1/BF1942, but all the collision meshes had to be redone, ships had to be completely recoded, and in some cases they've also been reskinned. It was a huge undertaking and I'm still surprised we managed to pull it off with only one server crash (that I know of)  ;D
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline 4Edge

• View Profile
Just wanted to add my thanks to WaW for creating and running these maps.  Have enjoyed playing them immensly.

Would be great if these could be incorporated into the official FH2 release at some point.  Too much work has gone in to them for it to go to waste.

Many thanks you guys  :).

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
Thanks for the comments, the team appreciates it :)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Good job on those ships guys! I really hope we will see something like this in the official version!

Also: B-25 is ossum!
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
So, it's been a while since our last Naval event.
FH2.4 caused a few problems on the maps but they've been sorted out.

You can expect a new public naval map pack and event in the next few weeks with new maps included.

If you don't want to wait you can experience the thrill of amphibious beach landings and destroyer gun and AA support today.

WaW's playing our last battle of the current 23rd campaign today on the most iconic map of the Battlefield series: Wake Island

The map is packed with great equipment and features: Fully functional destroyers, submarines, LCVPs, new aircraft (P38 with rockets, ME262, Bf110 Torpedo, etc) and more.
We're also proud to be premierung our newest gamplay feature - deployable defences. The SL is able to place static defences such as sand bags and tank traps to help fortifiy a position. These can be blown up by explosives.

Apart from all that equipment we obviously feature exciting and coordinated teamwork during our battles.

So, don't hesitate. Visit our site www.bfewaw.com and sign up to the forums and to the campaign to be able to play in these epic battle on the sunny beaches of Wake.

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
"We're also proud to be premierIng our newest gamplay feature - deployable defences. The SL is able to place static defences such as sand bags and tank traps to help fortifiy a position. These can be blown up by explosives."

awesome!