Author Topic: Battle of Keren Map single player  (Read 1232 times)

Offline sockboy

• View Profile
Battle of Keren Map single player
« on: 07-02-2013, 13:02:42 »
Hi lads...

Im loving this mod (2.45) but im having a problem on the 'Battle of Keren' map...I play single player offline, the map loads fine without a hitch but I have no kits to choose from for either side? Im not very technical but im hoping one of you kind guys out there can provide a quick and easy (and not too technical! lol) fix for this? when I hit my spawn point after the map loads it CTDs, due to the lack of kits im guessing? some other custom maps also seem to load in 2.45 without and kits to choose from; St.Fromond, Beaumont, Sfakia Night and Mersa Matruh Night and night (Infantry)

Any help and assistance to get these SP maps working gratefully appreciated, even perhaps a upload of their working Battle of Keren file with the kits intact?

Hi from the very cold East Coast of Scotland to all...;0)

Rab Watson (sockboy)
Fife
Scotland

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Keren Map single player
« Reply #1 on: 09-02-2013, 14:02:56 »
Hi sockboy,

The way FH2 loads kits has been changed for FH2.45 in order to reduce memory load. In order to make a custom map run correctly, one now has to use a special packing script. More information on that and on how to get things working again can be found in this thread:http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=1804.75

Please let me know whether I could help!  ;)

Cheers,
            ksl94

Offline sockboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10-02-2013, 13:02:08 »
Hi ksl,

Thanks for your reply and help and the link mate, greatly appreciated..ill look into this and let you know how I get on..have a good Sunday..

all the best...

Rab (sockboy)
Scotland

Offline sockboy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-02-2013, 00:02:38 »
Hi again ksl, lads..

Well i downloaded the map scripts for 2.45 and Python and tried following the tutorial but I just don't have a clue about mapping scripting or how to pack and repack these files to get Keren working with kits and don't want to 'break' my FH" or BF2 by getting it wrong so I guess ill just have to leave it for now unless someone can post their working version of the Battle of Keren map for 2.45 (with working kits) as an attachment here for me? I have no experience of mapping and the like and the Tutorial went way over my head i'm afraid!

If anyone has a working Battle of Keren Folder would you please consider posting it for me to download? Many thanks..

Best Wishes...

Rab Watson (sockboy)

Fife
Scotland

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15-02-2013, 12:02:19 »
Hi sockboy,

I had the same problem with some custom maps; that bloody script seems to hate me.
I'll upload the folder in few seconds will let you know when it's there and where you can download it.

Cheers,
           ksl94

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15-02-2013, 15:02:14 »

Offline sockboy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16-02-2013, 11:02:02 »
Hi Ksl,

Thank you very much mate for your time and effort helping me here..good job...I tried your folder, strangely its not coming up in my single player menu now at all BUT..I am able to play it on multiplayer co-op, 16 and 64 map versions so all is well mate..its a nice looking map so i'm pleased to be able to finally play it..i'm grateful for your help pal

Have a good weekend

Rab (sockboy)

Fife
Scotland

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16-02-2013, 19:02:32 »
Hi sockboy,

You're very welcome! You may have noticed that the gameplay on that map is a catastrophe right now. The bots get caught up in the trees and other obstacles and all crash but stay in their vehicles, resulting in more than half off th British team idling in various vehicles, not participating in the battle.
I hope that this gets fixed in the future because it's one of my favourite maps, too.

Cheers,
           ksl94