Author Topic: Berlin  (Read 21499 times)

Offline nysä

• View Profile
Re: Berlin
« Reply #75 on: 26-03-2018, 17:03:12 »
n/m
« Last Edit: 27-03-2018, 09:03:32 by nysä »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 26-03-2018, 19:03:57 »
What would be the most correct spawnable russian anti-tank kit here? I´m not fond of spawnable panzerfausts like in Seelow but if it´s historically accurate then I´ll take it.
It is. Russians captured shit tons of panzerfausts and used them themelves untill the end of the war.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 28-03-2018, 08:03:10 »
nvm, just copying python scripts from seelow
« Last Edit: 28-03-2018, 08:03:46 by blander »

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 28-03-2018, 11:03:03 »
How do you set the out of bounds but just for 1 team? In this case, I don´t want the germans to enter the russian mainbase and viceversa.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 28-03-2018, 11:03:09 »
You make an oob just for the Germans and leave out the russian mainbase. You can set teams in the tweak bar.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 31-03-2018, 09:03:12 »
Thanks!

I got a minor question. When I manually write down the pickup kits in the .con file they show up in-game just fine. But when I work in the editor and then I save objects the pickup kits go blank again in the .con file. What´s the best solution for this?
« Last Edit: 31-03-2018, 09:03:28 by blander »

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 31-03-2018, 11:03:21 »
Two more:

1. I placed a nebelwerfer spawner. In the editor all the buildings around it are lit bright. After doing the lightmaps the light on the buildings remained in-game. Is it a known bug? If that´s the case, next time I will just remove the nebel spawner before creating the lightmaps.

2. I worked (due to my ignorance at the time) with the editor´s default layer. This caused that the 16, 32 and 64 player layers were generated. So now I created from the editor a 64 layer identical to default layer and I disabled the default layer. The problem is, all 16, 32 and 64 versions keep appearing in the game´s menu. How do I remove the 16 and 32 options?

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 31-03-2018, 17:03:58 »
You need to generate a lightmap atlas.  That's what the game uses, not the individual lightmap object files.

The 64, 32, and 16 you see in the menu is from the .desc file in the info folder.  You have to edit that.  Just delete the lines that refer to them.  Maybe there is a way to do that in the editor.  I am not sure.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 31-03-2018, 20:03:38 »
AFAIK the editor creates the atlas right after finishing the lightmaps. At least that´s what the debugger says, but I´ll look further into it.

Alright, I will fix that .desc file, I found those lines. Thank you!

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 31-03-2018, 23:03:37 »
No,
There is a "generate atlas lightmaps" option under compile/lightmaps.  It gives you some choice about size and dxt compression(I use default), then it asks to look for obsolete lightmaps.    If you didn't do that, you don't have it.  Those atlas images are the only ones that get packed into the map.  The individuals ones are just used by the editor.

At some point you need to start getting familiar with the files and checking that the editor did the right thing and that the packing script worked as well.  The editor is notorious for screwing up and not saving correctly, etc.

~edit:  I checked your map in game.  Most everything is lightmapped.  I see a few missing on buildings I've never seen before.  You probably don't have the samples for those or for some reason they didn't get added to the atlas.  At this point you can try to fix that and lightmap them idividually, then "generate atlas lightmaps" when done.  You don't have to lightmap everything again.  I'm not sure what problem you are having with the nebelwerfer.  Those player controlled objects don't take lightmaps or leave affect the lightmaps of other things.  They have dynamic shadows in game.  It should break a lightmap but wont help make one either.   Otherwise it's looking pretty good.  You can fix those missing lightmaps later.

If you don't see any lightmaps in gmae, it's because your graphics settings are too low.
« Last Edit: 31-03-2018, 23:03:06 by GeoPat »

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 03-04-2018, 02:04:32 »
For some reason my bf2editor seems to generate lightmap atlas right after generating the lightmap.

There are buildings and other CMP objects that lack lightmap samples or either have faulty ones. I´ll just replace them with other buildings, I don´t have time to fix unfinished models.

About the nebel, it does affect the lightmapping. I don´t care to understand why. I will just remove it before making the final lightmap. When it´s done I´ll add back again the nebel, hoping that will fix the problem.

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 03-04-2018, 03:04:08 »
It's normal that the atlas is created automatically after lightmapping.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 07-04-2018, 05:04:13 »
How do you port a static from bf 1942?

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 08-04-2018, 03:04:57 »
Get 3dsmax7 and the bf42 tools. Resave. Open in a newer version of 3dsmax (used to be 9, but the newer tools work with later versions aswell). After that it's some UV-rearranging and other stuff of course.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 08-04-2018, 06:04:50 »
Dang... too much time invested for little reward. Thanks, maybe I can find other statics in other BF2 mods that I could use, I guess that would require much less work since it´s the same game.