Author Topic: Bug 2.46 starter Audio English Only setting.....  (Read 623 times)

Offline |30+|Air

• View Profile
Bug 2.46 starter Audio English Only setting.....
« on: 12-04-2014, 03:04:07 »
2.46 Starter program does not hold the setting for the audio setting English VO Only.  Everytime I set the English only box the games works fine until I leave.  When I run the start program again it resets this value so that is un-checked.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Bug 2.46 starter Audio English Only setting.....
« Reply #1 on: 12-04-2014, 07:04:45 »
Yes, the launcher intentionally resets the English VO Only checkbox every time. In our experiments, this option doesn't behave as advertised and instead disables all voice-overs making every team completely mute.

Offline |30+|Air

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-04-2014, 00:04:53 »
Thank you for the response.  What you call broken, I call being able to play without the distracting chatter going on.  Not to mention the language issue.  So now I have to go into the setting each and every time and check the box that makes the game play I wanted it to.  Thanks for a great mod....for the most part.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-04-2014, 00:04:23 »
Well, as we say in germany: Can't fry a special sausage for every weirdo.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-04-2014, 10:04:15 »
Thank you for the response.  What you call broken, I call being able to play without the distracting chatter going on.  Not to mention the language issue.  So now I have to go into the setting each and every time and check the box that makes the game play I wanted it to.  Thanks for a great mod....for the most part.
If you want to play without  the distracting chatter, here's the solution:
  • Go to the  <BF2 path>\mods\fh2\fh2settings folder on your PC and open gameplay.con file with any text editor.
  • Add the following line to the file:
    AudioSettings.setEnglishOnlyVoices 1
  • Save the file.

This will override the launcher's behavior.
Note, the "English VO Only" checkbox will still be unchecked in the in-game options, but it works.

Offline |30+|Air

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15-04-2014, 17:04:44 »
Gavrant,

Thanks so much for the reply.  Your suggestion for the edit of the gameplay.con.  It works great.  Much appreciated.  Where are things like this documented?