Author Topic: Ammo in FH2!  (Read 23997 times)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Re: Ammo in FH2!
« Reply #60 on: 29-09-2009, 23:09:59 »
I'm not kidding :)
I mean your opponent still can get ammo from your destroyed truck
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7117/screen017d.png
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2373/screen018.png

As happy has said, this is know, the ammo spawner only goes when the wreck disappears.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 29-09-2009, 23:09:26 »
Well, I was only kidding!  ;D Anyways, where is my WC-52/51 Weapons carrier for the US...?  ???

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 30-09-2009, 05:09:20 »
Normal trucks are empty and have more seats. Ammo truck has the compartment filled with boxes.

EDIT:

To demonstrate:

There are both canvas and non-canvas versions for the troop transport version, but only non-canvas version for ammo version. This goes to Opel Blitz' aswell.

Note that the "Troop Transport" version still gives ammo to infantry.  The "Ammo" version gives ammo to both infantry and vehicles/static guns, but seems to give ammo to infantry at a longer range than the "Troop Transport" version (it seems like you can stand farther away from the "ammo" version and still receive more ammo as infantry).

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 13-10-2009, 09:10:50 »
I think that a certain zone of every flag needs ammo crates. Sort of an unseen aura that gives you ammo. To see sort of this type of zone you can add several big ass crates of ammo. It must be big enough so vehicles can drive in. Another thing if the ammo trucks dont work the devs can add certain details to INDICATE that this is an ammo truck dont leave your team without ammo you fag. Or always there the possibility of including certain tanks, like the weaponless Hummel to ressuply the ammo.

Offline Dee-Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 20-10-2009, 01:10:42 »
I think FH has an overly complex resupply situation that doesn't really add anything to the game-play experience.

First of all, I hardly ever run out of ammo...and if I ever do, I take someone else's kit. So its not really a big issue. Running out of AT grenades or bazooka missiles is the most common effect.

But so far I've noticed: Certain kits that have an ammo crate (seems buggy though), trucks and APCs wit ammo supplies and one or the other static box (unsure about that).

I really don't see any point in having 1 or 2 kits on the battlefield with ammo crates. No one has ever used them to any effect, in my experience.

Why not just add an ammo crate to the lieutenant kit, since is limited to one per map anyway and do away with those other kits.

As for other aspects resupply possibilities: I think the APCs and trucks should suffice for rearming infantry and armour. No need to make the situation unnecessarily complex.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #65 on: 20-10-2009, 01:10:18 »
Its not that complex.

Infantry gets ammo from the static ammo crates, from commander crates, from trucks and APCs and from supply trucks.

Vehicles and static guns get ammo from commander ammo crates, from supply trucks and from ammo kit boxes.

Planes get ammo from airfields.

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 12-03-2011, 15:03:04 »
I liked back in FH1 where you had to have a transport plane drop a crate if you wanted supplies. Just having supply crates appear in the middle of the sky is rather unrealistic.

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 12-03-2011, 15:03:14 »
I personally like the commander. A bunch of squads can't keep much of a large focused, organized front. Remove commander arty and supplies and instead make him request a team member to get a supply vehicle/man the arty and go there/blow it up. Don't have to make it gone completely.
 Besides, a good strategic commander is always good to have.

Removing the spawning on the SL is more realistic, but also puts surrounded squad leaders in terrible situations.