Author Topic: Feedback on Sound and Effects  (Read 4187 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback on Sound and Effects
« Reply #15 on: 23-08-2011, 23:08:23 »
I think the worst sound is probably the 3rd person of the Thompson. It actually sounds louder than the MGs, as though it didn't go through all the sound editing processes.

Personally, I dont even know why it was changed at all. IMO, it was fine before 2.4.. both in 1st and 3rd person. I really hope the 3rd person version is at least changed. Its simply awful.

Offline Watchtower1001

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25-08-2011, 08:08:22 »
Who did the sound anyways?

They did a really good job, as an audio enthusiast I would love to chat with them sometime.
"762 Admin"
"Watchtower's Fh2 2.45 Sound Conversion - http://tinyurl.com/WatchySoundMod"

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25-08-2011, 11:08:47 »
Natty Wallo. Developer, FH2... and DICE

Yer, generally the sounds are terrific in 2.4. I have actually come to love the Springfield and Browning .30cal over the period. And the whizz of howitzer and mortar is definitely thinking outside the original box... That I must give em credit for. Don't even have to mention distant gun sounds and tank cannons, which is... WOW.

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #18 on: 25-08-2011, 15:08:51 »
I think snow sounds could do with some work. Snow absorbs so much sound and muffles everything; I don't get this feeling from the winter maps at the moment.
However all sounds in general have improved so much in 2.4. I particuarlly love the indoor sound variations of weapons.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25-08-2011, 17:08:58 »
On the other side, I think whizzes were toned down too much i.e the crack of a bullet flying past, and I still want to hear some kind of whizz (fly buzzing) sound if those 2 aren't mutually-exclusive.

And I think impact sound can be a tad louder to add to the fear effect.

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26-08-2011, 12:08:10 »
Well imo in 2.4 sounds have improved drastically. Love them! For me sounds really pull me into the game.
Agree with Djinn that whizzes and bullet cracks need to be increased also what I would like is some beefier horn sounds for the bigger trucks like the GMC.
All in all good job!

Offline Laboraffe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 27-08-2011, 21:08:45 »
Is the game capable of 7.1 channels? I do not have so many discrete speakers to test but use headphones so wonder about the maximum to downmix from with CMSS. Setting 7.1 works, but I don't know if it is adding anything over 5.1.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23-01-2012, 22:01:12 »
Biggest gripe: MG42 sound. Sounds whimpy. Where is the deep, bassy BRRRAAAPP, BRRRAAAPP?

Thats also my biggest problem with the new weapon sounds next to the 1 st person sound of the Thompson. I have to say that I like all other sounds especialy the sounds, when you are in a house. But the the MG42 sound of v.2.3 was better than in 2.4.

Could you imagine the frearsome sound of 2.3 MG42 in Hurtgen forest? At the moment it is more like stumbling of a MG42 gunner in the forest than to avoid him because you are scared by the sound of it's weapon.

The Thompson sounds a bit overpowered, more like Hollywood and not like a real gun in 1st person. But all other sounds are very impressive.

Believe me the Thompson SMG sounds underpowered. One day I had a lad shooting with a Thompson next to me on the range, and it sounded tougher than some LMG's I heard shooting so far (those were 7.62's). Believe me, the range officer was getting nuts when he heard that noise and he was about 200-300 yards far away in a barrack  :-X . As for the MG42 I totally agree, that thing needs to be made louder and much more powerful.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24-01-2012, 10:01:58 »
I think I posted this somewhere, but I will a second time.
I found out, from a comment made by David Niven, who was a British officer in WWII for a forward recon group, that unlike what many reporters etc describe of bullet whizz, it never whines, whizzes or buzzes, it goes CRACK. So I think that's really the only thing there.

Alot of guns are underpowered. Try firing most in single shot especially the mgs and you would realize how odd they sound. But frankly, these are not high priority. It is decent and functional for the most part, and in time, I know they would be made louder.

But what in essence we asking for is, 'Can these guns be louder?'. Its a bit of a preference, rather than a fix.

So I will say... ya, definitely low priority.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24-01-2012, 10:01:58 »
 Actually, bullets do make a whine when they pass within your hearing range. The supersonic crack only really happens when the shots pass extremely close by.

Go sit in the butt of a rifle range and you would know exactly what I mean.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28-01-2012, 17:01:29 »
The supersonic crack only really happens when the shots pass extremely close by.
I have not heard this after 2.4. What happened to it?

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28-01-2012, 19:01:41 »
The supersonic crack only really happens when the shots pass extremely close by.
I have not heard this after 2.4. What happened to it?

it will be back in the next patch, it had a volume error

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28-01-2012, 19:01:12 »
Will the reload sound for tanks also be fixed ? For some reason it works on Co-Op but not on multiplayer.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28-01-2012, 20:01:54 »
Well, if there IS a whine when bullets whizz by, there should be a whine. I mean... I actually loved the whines in FHSW.

Maybe something like that could be used. Would give a sense of the danger with bullets flying all over.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 04-02-2012, 06:02:32 »
I loved the FHSW bullet whizzes as well, would love to hear them again. Speaking of FHSW, one of their 0.7 mods had the best tank gun sound I've ever heard in a game. It was the 90mm gun found on the M36 and the Pershing. I can't find a clip of it but it was grand. Shrieking and visceral. I think that tank gun and anti-tank gun sounds in FH2 are generally very nice but I agree with those who want them to be a bit louder.

And a question, is there a limitation on muzzle flashes? I seem to recall FH1 have much larger muzzle flashes for tank guns and AT guns than FH2 has.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.