Author Topic: BF2.exe crashes, no proper solution?  (Read 3252 times)

Offline Leettari

• View Profile
BF2.exe crashes, no proper solution?
« on: 15-01-2010, 18:01:19 »
Greetings everyone.

I'm ashamed; I registered on your forums just to get help. Forgive my sins and please assist me with my issue. I have read several topics, tried this and that without any bigger result so far.

Topics I've read:
A guide to installing Forgotten Hope 2
Common Problems & Solutions
And few other topics related to BF2.exe crashing.

So, at first, my issue was the odd 'popups' claiming game couldn't do this and that because the files exist already. This issue happened everytime I ran, joined server (crashed to the desktop) or exited FH2.exe. However, I was able to fix the issue with the help I got from the Common Problems & Solutions topic - Problem 6.

As for now I am not receiving the popups anymore, but the BF2.exe keeps still crashing. Everytime I attempt to join a server, it crashes to the desktop with the usual error message, shortly saying 'BF2.exe has crashed'.

Specs:

Video Card: GeForce GTX 260 Sonic 896MB DDR3, 2 x DVI, SLI
Motherboard: P5Q, ATX, s775, IP45, DDR2, GBLan, 8-ch audio
Memory: HyperX 4x2GB, DDR2 1066MHz, CL5
Processor: Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHZ
Hard Drive: 1TB Spinpoint F1, 3.5", SATAII/300, 32MB, 7200RPM

As for the internet connection causing all the issues here, I highly doubt it, my internet connection has worked flawlessly, and I do not use any kind of firewalls, my router has correct ports open and everything what should be is forwarded.

Thank you for your time.

- Leettari

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: BF2.exe crashes, no proper solution?
« Reply #1 on: 15-01-2010, 20:01:05 »
And you can run BF2 just fine ? Have you tried to play PR see if that works.
If it's just FH2, you might try to play in windowed mode and see if you can capture a erros message window whilst crashing.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Leettari

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15-01-2010, 23:01:55 »
Yes, I can run BF2 without any issues, able to play singleplayer and multiplayer. As a side note, BF2 itself haven't ever crashed, it's just this FH2 which keeps crashing. I don't see point in running the game in windowed mode because I see the error message, and it just says 'BF2.exe crashed. Would you like to report this crash to the Forgotten Hope team? Yes/No'. This is what I think anyway, sorry if I missunderstood your point.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16-01-2010, 01:01:00 »
That's not the error message that's the crash report

Offline Leettari

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16-01-2010, 10:01:21 »
Well that's all I get. I tried to run in windowed mode but there's no any other error/crash popups whatsoever appearing. Some games gives a full list of the errors which eventually caused the crash after the game throws you back to the desktop, apparently FH2 does not or it is builded differently.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-01-2010, 13:01:06 »
Can you load a map using single player?

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Leettari

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17-01-2010, 13:01:48 »
Yes, it loads the map without any issues when playing singleplayer. I don't experience any sort of issues when playing singleplayer, but everytime I try to join a server in multiplayer, it says 'connecting' and swiftly after that throws me back to the desktop saying BF2 crashed.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-01-2010, 14:01:49 »
Yes, it loads the map without any issues when playing singleplayer. I don't experience any sort of issues when playing singleplayer, but everytime I try to join a server in multiplayer, it says 'connecting' and swiftly after that throws me back to the desktop saying BF2 crashed.
I had that problem when my CD key info in the registry got wiped.

There was a thread about CD key probs recently...err...here it is: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=3957.0

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18-01-2010, 04:01:28 »
Hmmm your problem is hard. The only solutions that I can think of are:

1) Manual PB setup/update. Check if you can log in to a BF2 server that doesn't have PB running
2) Restart your router. Sounds weird but it helped me in the past.
3) Run memtest for a long period, see if you get any errors there

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18-01-2010, 10:01:21 »
are you 100% sure you got fh 2.25 installed ?
not just 2.2 ?
if you only have 2.2 installed that would very well explain:
- why the game crashes in multiplayer
- why singleplayer works
- why bf2 works

Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Goldenhelmet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18-01-2010, 13:01:59 »
Hey guys i also started up fh2 again recently (after watching Band of Brothers and getting a taste for a good ww2 game and in my opnion this is easily the best out there). Now my problem is not multiplayer but singleplayer. I get the error message bf2.exe has crashed etc etc. I have installed everythiing as asked bf2 > patch 1.41 > patch 1.50 then fh2 2.2 and finally fh2 2.25. i was playing single player and all maps work although I'm having trouble with one in particular Operation Lüttich 64 and 16  player versions simply does not work in single player i constantly get this crash message any pointers?  :)

thanks for your help

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18-01-2010, 13:01:00 »
Yes, Lüttich crashes. Its not just you, its for everyone. :(

Offline Goldenhelmet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18-01-2010, 13:01:26 »
ahhh i see this error also seems to randomly appear while playing too just now i was happily playing a singleplayer map and the game crashed and i got the error  ??? its just on and off for me some maps work some work for between 10-15 minutes then crash  :(

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18-01-2010, 14:01:45 »
by far not all maps have singleplayer support

thats why they crash
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Goldenhelmet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18-01-2010, 14:01:48 »
I see ahh wel perhaps in the future all in all i think this is a great game :)