Author Topic: Tanks like spaceships ? ! ?  (Read 3151 times)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Tanks like spaceships ? ! ?
« Reply #15 on: 14-02-2013, 20:02:58 »
It's been a long time since I last entered a Kübelwagen but I have a bad feeling that it felt awkward to use it too...

Surely you mean the Driftwagen? :P
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14-02-2013, 20:02:35 »
Yes, the drift feels like it had 1000hp but the acceleration does not. Did they want to simulate that the engine and the propulsion are in the back?
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Erwin

• Admin of CMP-Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Collaborative Multiplayer Gaming
« Reply #17 on: 18-02-2013, 10:02:13 »
I can't even turn the tanks while standing still. These things uses tracks not wheels. So you can turn the Tank without the need of accelerate. Wittman's tactics against Tiger's slow turret turning speed, duh.
(Oh, I'm waiting for a guy now who will come and say, tanks are turning perfectly.)

Halftracks can't even accelerate on even the smallest hill if you come to a full stop.
- It's still up!
- No it ain't.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18-02-2013, 18:02:12 »
The in-game Kubelwagen has flat tires without treads in it. It maintains the powerslide for a long time, even after blast explosion nearby.

But anyway, why are we just complaining about this? Wasn't 2.45 released a long time ago.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18-02-2013, 18:02:55 »
Kubelwagen is a weird vehicle..... Last round on Totalize, it bounced a flak 88 shell while drifting.  :P

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18-02-2013, 18:02:27 »
I have to agree that the kuble wagon and the civil truck are very hard to drive now, and the kettenkrad is odd now to.  And tanks to me feel very under powered, ive lost count of how many times ive been killed because i pull forward to see around a hedgrow get stuck in a small ditch and cant back out before being shot by and enemy tank.  :-\

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18-02-2013, 22:02:54 »
Anyone who doubts the handling of vehicles is rather fucked should try driving the Sherman around Ramelle. It's nearly impossible to outflank the Tiger, sometimes you are holding S for 10 seconds before you can back up, and always getting caught on silly little obstacles a tank would have little trouble with in real life. You wind up more scared of a random piece of wood on the ground than of the enemy.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21-02-2013, 10:02:34 »
 my favourite fucked up issue withthe new vehicle handling is how the M3 Halftrack cannot move forward if it is on any degree of incline.

That and it actually drives faster backwards than it will drive forward.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21-02-2013, 21:02:16 »
I feel your pain mate  ;D . This issue becomes especially nasty on Huertgen forest.