Author Topic: The Minor Suggestions Thread  (Read 65233 times)

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
Re: The Minor Suggestions Thread
« Reply #120 on: 02-05-2013, 01:05:52 »
So you guys like maps like operation cobra where tanks just roll up and pick off the AT guns? I sure don't some might as well be removed.

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 02-05-2013, 09:05:10 »
So you guys like maps like operation cobra where tanks just roll up and pick off the AT guns? I sure don't some might as well be removed.

I have to say that its of course cooler when the Paks are hidden and make more sence. But I am afraid that it wouldnt change anything on Cobra. If you know exactly where the guns is you destroy it immediatly be it hidden or not.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 02-05-2013, 09:05:40 »
It does not change anything if they are hidden. Just look at the FlaK 18s on Cobra: They even have sandbags but everybody knows where they are. Your chances to win a head on fight as a gunner of a FlaK18 vs a Sherman are on a all time low when he knows your position, no matter whether there are some sandbags and a shield on the FlaK.

BF2 engine and veteran players don't allow camouflage to be used effectively.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 02-05-2013, 13:05:03 »
FH2 maps are too small to effectively use camouflage. The camouflage of the tanks is working in certain conditions and the uniforms of the players ofcourse, but we will never see something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XHeGIJqNQI

Most times I know approximetly where the enemy could bring his mobile PaK's so I just need to blind spot them and it works with great success. This should be removed from tanks and static weapons anyway. For effective camouflage we would need longer distances and more less chokepointish maps if you ask me. You loose your surprise advatage in FH2 just too fast as the space is very limited and the wierd LODing of the engine isn't helping either.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 02-05-2013, 14:05:37 »
Some AT-guns are indeed almost useless in FH2. Think about the 57mm on the main road to german base on Operation Lüttich. The first thing an experienced player will do in his Panther/Panzer/Stug is to load an HE shell and fire it onto the building 2 metres behind that 57mm through the fog of war. It´s always fun to kill some poor devil there - most of the time a newcomer. The experienced players won´t use it at the very beginning. Nobody wants to be a sitting duck.

Cool would be a system where there are 2 or 3 points at which the AT-guns can spawn. Or getting totally rid of static AT-guns and replacing them with movable guns (of course not possible with 88s).
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Potilas

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 02-05-2013, 15:05:35 »

Cool would be a system where there are 2 or 3 points at which the AT-guns can spawn. Or getting totally rid of static AT-guns and replacing them with movable guns (of course not possible with 88s).

Why not just let players build the guns like they do in one rival mod ???

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 03-05-2013, 02:05:03 »
...wait...what?  :-\
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 03-05-2013, 09:05:31 »
I think AT guns is fine. Would have helped if they could all be pushed. Bu the traversal of push-guns is also not cool - Nor is the fact that they spawn rather than get fixed.

So the combination of movable & static guns works. I just wish Cobra got the combination too.
So some guns were trickier to kill.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 06-05-2013, 17:05:23 »
How about we stop beefing up the Tiger on "Tiger maps" and treat it like we treat any other tank in the mod?

Shot to the side or ass of Tiger with 75mm on the Sherman:

IRL = dead Tiger
FH2 = do this a thousand times and good luck causing any damage at all.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 06-05-2013, 18:05:44 »
How about we stop beefing up the Tiger on "Tiger maps" and treat it like we treat any other tank in the mod?
What are you smoking? You want it to be treated like any other tank in the mod? Okay! Let´s treat it like the fucking Sherman lighter that stands fucking Panther hits. An adequate solution would be for the Tiger to stand about 3 hits from the 17 pounder then. *facepalm

Shot to the side or ass of Tiger with 75mm on the Sherman:

IRL = dead Tiger
FH2 = do this a thousand times and good luck causing any damage at all.
FH2 penetration tables are set on 500 metres.

Here from Wikipedias Tiger-article:

"From a 30 degree angle of attack, the M4 Sherman's 75 mm gun could not penetrate the Tiger frontally at any range, and needed to be within 100 m to achieve a side penetration against the 80 mm upper hull superstructure."

In FH2 and reality this means: Nope
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 06-05-2013, 18:05:33 »
Piercing the Tiger's 80mm armor with a 75mm M3 gun IRL ? Yes sure, but only below 100m and with a good angle shot.

That makes him suddenly much less dead.  ;D

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 06-05-2013, 18:05:55 »
Tiger should have some damage from a shot in the rear.  FH2 is a first person shooter game, and there is a point when realism ruins game play...this being one of them.  :-\

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 06-05-2013, 18:05:07 »
Okay.. so the argument is that the current no-damage done by 75mm gun system is correct, and that is backed up by providing cites that the gun does indeed damage a Tiger from under 100m? Makes sense.

And by the way, why does every discussion like this have to turn into an America vs. Germany thing? I'm pretty sure we all played on both sides when we fire up FH2. Most tanks have been kinda fucked since this patch for every army so let's not get all precious over what country we were born in. I don't think a Sherman should survive a direct hit from an 88, but I also don't think that if you outfox the Tiger in your Sherman on Ramelle and get behind him, you should have to fire four or five times directly into his rear hull to achieve any damage when you are literally 5m away, and when the Tiger is a squad leader with engineers pouring off him every 10 seconds, it's not hard to see which is the bigger problem.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 06-05-2013, 18:05:28 »
I wish the Tiger damage system will be back from 2.4... Now Cromwell or Sherman can shoot him from side with 2 shots which is ridiculous! And Sherman or Cromwell (!) can stand at least 2 shots from Tiger at short range which is simply pathethic!

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 06-05-2013, 19:05:39 »
Okay.. so the argument is that the current no-damage done by 75mm gun system is correct, and that is backed up by providing cites that the gun does indeed damage a Tiger from under 100m? Makes sense.
Yeah, it makes sense! Since the penetration tables are set on 500m for FH2. The alternative would be to apply the 100m penetration which then on contrary would fuck up the combat on 500m. I have little hopes in the range modifier. This was only good for destroying the tank system which was nice before.

Then a 37mm should defeat Shermans, it could do this on 100 metres, yet you don´t think this would feel stupid if it would cause harm on any range?

And by the way, why does every discussion like this have to turn into an America vs. Germany thing?
It´s not about nationality. It´s about getting a realisitc experience of how those battles were fought. And Tigers were heavier than M4s. In FH2 a Sherman can actually damage a Tiger in the side (the area around the tracks) and in the rear.