Author Topic: FH 2.3 SP known errors & bot erronous behavior  (Read 14020 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: FH 2.3 SP known errors & bot erronous behavior
« Reply #75 on: 14-10-2010, 15:10:41 »
Hey cF, you think you could upload with the Lebisey fix (i.e to get rid of the Olympus stuff) and Goodwood 16?

If it wont be too much trouble. Would be nice to have the patches all tidy, esp. for new SPers

Offline Darth Nisis

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 14-10-2010, 20:10:04 »
It seems  the GPO for Giarabub SP 64 has not been updated in 2.3, because the cannone da 47/32 M35 is not there, so i put the Conquest 64 GPO file in place of the SP GPO, and the italian gun works fine with the ai.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 14-10-2010, 20:10:16 »
Cool... Glad it at least has code

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 18-10-2010, 12:10:16 »
DL thread updated...

I added Remick's fixes, the Lafette fix and GW-16. I'll add anything I've missed later.

@aserafimov: I took the links to your maps down because I wasn't sure if they work with 2.3 (I don't have time to check them atm). If they do let me know and I'll put them back up.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 23-10-2010, 09:10:59 »
... it seems they added a no go zone for New Zealand on Mount Olympus and the bots keep running out into it. Would that kill the bots? There's a lot of "_______ is no more" messages in the upper left and the tickets run awfully fast.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 26-10-2010, 03:10:14 »
Lebisey suffers from the spammy commander once the Brits cap all the frontline flags

Also, I note that the Germans in PHL don't spawn at the front at all, so until the 88, there is practically no resistance. No mg, use whatsoever. I wonder if their being defensive at the first line bases would aid this

Also, ALOT of maps have the double-cap issue where the defender lose the flag, but it stil shows as theirs in the map, they can spawn there and the attackers wont move on till its capped - Which it never will until counter-attacked and reclaimed

I really think we need to make this a priority to fix once and for all. I think its now the biggest issue now that Devilman has repaired the PHL crash

Remick04, you might want to look at his mod patch and see the fix to the lafettes.

Curious, am I even talking to anyone on this forum section at all. Its seems like its gone quiet in the last few weeks... Drawde? CannonFodder, Devilman, anyone?

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 26-10-2010, 10:10:41 »
...I really think we need to make this a priority to fix once and for all. I think its now the biggest issue now that Devilman has repaired the PHL crash...
I'd like to know why the double-capping problem is getting worse with each release.

Fall of Tobruk suffers from it at the lower right flag (the one closet to the Axis main) but, happily, the Brits have finally got their tanks back.

Have you forgotten about the "deaf" bots? They do function alot better in 2.3 now that they can get on/off vehicles when they want to, but it's still not good enough...

E.g.: Start of the round on Lebisey, I'm sitting in a tank surrounded by bots. A couple of minutes later, I drive away by myself cursing the stupid bastards because none of them felt like getting in... ::)

The solution to the other major drama (stoopid CO) has already been pointed out. I haven't had time to try it yet, so I can't confirm it, but hopefully I'll have time this weekend. The solution? ESAI. Why? To quote it's creator:
ESAI is Strategic AI code. It cannot alleviate the basic limitations of BF2 bots, some of which were enumerated by SP4Me. It works at the AI Commander level, controlling which Flags are attacked, when they are attacked, and with what level of resources.

The Vanilla BF2 Commander only has one basic strategy to work with 99% of the time - just a basic attack strategy. ESAI gives the AI commander more options. At the ESAI core there are sets of strategies for when a team is behind on flags, when the number of flags are even, and for when a team is ahead on flags.
- http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15109&st=0

EDIT: I didn't realize the double-cap happened on neutral flags as well (St. Lo-32: 1st flag south of US main)... :P

Also, Anctoville-16 crashes while loading (at 14%).
« Last Edit: 26-10-2010, 12:10:58 by cannonfodder »

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 26-10-2010, 17:10:44 »
Double cap happens almost everywhere.

Op Cobra, Fall of Tobruk, Pointe du Hoc (all 64), St. Lo 32, has it.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 26-10-2010, 19:10:32 »
First off, weird behaviour by the King Tiger. Not sure if its in other tanks. I know they do it a bit, but this one took the cake: Tiger II moves up on Goodwood, open area behind the base close to the main, then reverses all the way back to the underpass - I mean like 7secs of reversing. I watch it do this repeatedly for like 5minutes then decide I'd had enough.

In Goodwood in general, German tanks tend to have real issue crossing the underpass to get to the action. Not sure if this is the version of Winterhilf where the tanks move over the dikes and across the rail at multiple points other than the overpass, but it really kills tank combat in this map.

Also, Goodwood has weird strategy that sometimes tells the Allies to attack the flag next to the German main without Cagney being capped.

About the double cap, here are some I know offhead:

1/ Operation cobra, the North-Western German position i.e the house over the river or whatever - It USED to be the farm before the unofficial version, but its changed

2/ Fall of Tobruk, the first Brit base. This was fixed in 2.26, but it might be because it was renavmeshed or something, but now its back

3/Ramelle, First American base.

4/ Luttich, the farm HAD it in 2.26, but I haven't playe it enough in 2.3 to know if its fixed

5/PDH, St. Lo? Where?

To be honest, there are fewer maps that this is in than I thought, but its a problem with a solution we are yet to know and it plagues the maps its in - I know Winterhilf figured it out when he solved in Fall, Tobruk and El Alamein but never told anyone before he left.

Offline winterhilf

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 26-10-2010, 19:10:38 »
Re: Python flag capping bug.

Tried a few theories (seemed to work only for FoT), but still don't know for sure what the cause is.

Theories ranged from 2 or more CPs with the same or partly the same name & whether or not bots had vanilla kit ai templates.
But seems likely a piece of python code is the cause, python coders are a bit thin on the ground.

Try copying the gpm_cq over from the vanilla python folder & see if it's still happening. (back up 1st!)

Think also remming out "objecttemplate.forsoldieronly" helps, this doesn't occur in vanilla & could be causing python havoc for the bots.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 26-10-2010, 20:10:28 »
Holy shiat! Winterhif!!!!!!

Thanks man. Would want to ask if you are back in the community. But that might just jinx it.

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 27-10-2010, 02:10:32 »
Sorry guys I've been really busy with non-FH related work but I still check these forums daily.

I would love to figure out what causes the double cap issue. It's frustrating as hell, and really breaks the flow of gameplay. But I've been unsuccessful in finding the problem, and I agree it seems to have gotten worse and more widespread. I unfortunately don't have much free time for testing and bug tracking. So I'm relying on you guys for the time being. Hopefully Winterhilf, Devilman, Drawde or one of the many talented people on these forums will find the problem... and hopefully I will get some free time in the near future so I can be some help :P

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 27-10-2010, 10:10:06 »
Also noted, Dodgy AI commander on Mareth line - doesn't follow push-order - Also on The St. Lo breakout... but not as bad

« Last Edit: 28-10-2010, 00:10:04 by djinn »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 28-10-2010, 00:10:51 »
EDIT (27/10/10): Anyone figured out the problem with all the p51s coming in at once on Ramelle, Neuville? I watched it happen a couple of times, 2 planes at a time come in from each direction, one, two, three, then its like someone says 'altogether now' and WHAM!! Epic lag for like 10 secs. Also noted, after a few times of this cycle, the explosion and plane flyover go out of sync... Actually one set of planes goes missing -

You still get the planes returning after their bombing run, but their moving to bomb is missing, just the explosion, with no plane to go with it...

So these are the big priorities:
/ Planes of Ramelle
/ CTD on Totalize
/ Double-cap... you hear Winterhilf - zM, cF. I think this is up your alley. You guys seem to know what you are about editting map stuff.

I wonder where Devilman, Drawde and Aserafimov are. Haven't heard from any of those chaps almost as long as Lobo. We could really use a mapper and AI person for the other issues, like Goodwood

Also noted, bots wont use deployable weapons well. First, there is ofcourse the unraised perspective. Remick... Ple-ease! And more important, there is the fact that bots don't STAY on deployables. They treat them like mobile vehicles. I can't position an mg to give cover fire if the bot gets on, loses interest and bails before the bad guys show up. I think they should camp these. Its easy to kill them later or more likely, they get killed, but when it was camped in Drawde's first mod version, it did wonders in PHL - Mortars especially.

EDIT (28/10/10)
Noted that bots throw Frag grenades at the Crusader in Mersa Matru  :o
And I deploy an mg, they get on, they bail, mg is lost. I  position a mobile gun, they get on, they bail, defense is vulnerable. I did deploy a vikers mg on Lebisey and had them get on facing visible enemy troops. The bot pointed at everyone but didn't fire a single shot till he was shot himself.

Also, tanks should use HE on AT guns, or both HE and AP with HE being the main thing for mgs if they have it.

« Last Edit: 28-10-2010, 15:10:15 by djinn »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 03-11-2010, 07:11:50 »
Olympus 64 also crashes - Anyone else confirm that? Very early in the game