Author Topic: Sidi Rezegh 64  (Read 41790 times)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Sidi Rezegh 64
« on: 29-03-2009, 12:03:42 »
"If you have a suggestions or want to give us some Feedback about this Map you can Post it here!"

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
Re: Sidi Rezegh 64
« Reply #1 on: 30-03-2009, 00:03:48 »
I've allways felt that the germans have a serious disadvantage tankwise in this map.  Although their tanks spawn during the counterattack when the brit tanks don't spawn, this still means that there is usually the matilda and the valentine to beat.

Overall, I'd add a further pz3 that spawns from the beginning; an ammo truck for the brits; and a second kubel/opel blitz at the mosque.  I'd also like to see one of the german artillery guns moved from the northern flag over to the mosque.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30-03-2009, 00:03:54 »
One thing that would be nicer is to have a couple 20mm AA guns placed on the airfield in where they can only fire forward.  Would be a lot more realistic, and any spamming can be fixed by locking them out to the brits, and/or making it so that there's a sandbag wall over any areas to the back and sides, so it can only fire front.

azreal

« Reply #3 on: 30-03-2009, 00:03:28 »
there are no 20mm AA guns. You mean the 40mm bofors?

EDIT: oh wait you mean 20mm AA guns like the flak38 right?

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30-03-2009, 01:03:54 »
Yep, for the germans.  Its an airfield, it should have more than 2 88mms :P

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30-03-2009, 02:03:38 »
 hmm, this font and background colour makes it hard for me to make out the text box but here goes...

1) I like the feedback stickies
 2) for the opening assault, would it be possible to lock the rear German armour spawn and the mosque, so that all Axis players are on the front line. We don't get tanks right away so there really is no point in having people spawn all the way in the rear.
 3) More commander radio locations, that is easily the number one question that I answer on 64 player size.
 4) Mortar kits, supply kits and maybe some gebalte kits scattered around to make it harder for the allies to roll onto a flag and then drive away.
5) The German 222 car is well placed to immediately baserape the Allied uncaps, perhaps a slower vehicle would be in order (maybe the Sahariana).

Cheers guys, looking forward to the necroing of many a good topic
My Quebec includes Canada

azreal

« Reply #6 on: 30-03-2009, 03:03:42 »
hmm, this font and background colour makes it hard for me to make out the text box but here goes...

what are you talking about? The font is white on a dark grey background

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30-03-2009, 10:03:06 »
i m not sure but i think the apper had some chnages in mind
like 1 88 at the blockhouse
1 panzer III j for germans at map start
1 more panzer 4 as reinforcement for the counter attack

and some other stuff
honestly i m not sure if the changes were made yet or IF they will ever be made
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Malsa

• A very static artist.
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30-03-2009, 19:03:11 »
Only problem I really see is that flags turn over very quickly, cap-times are much too short.

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30-03-2009, 22:03:24 »
Only problem I really see is that flags turn over very quickly, cap-times are much too short.

I agree with this opinion. Especially the hangar flag is liable to quick backcap.

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

« Reply #10 on: 31-03-2009, 02:03:28 »

5) The German 222 car is well placed to immediately baserape the Allied uncaps, perhaps a slower vehicle would be in order (maybe the Sahariana).

ooo yes, this is a great idea. Its a very underutilized vehicle IMO.

Offline Magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31-03-2009, 12:03:52 »

I agree with you, It happens quite frequently when I cap a flag with a squad it's being recapped in seconds and it takes just one player to do so.

Sugestion; two or three guys to cap the flag and a longer cap time?

Cheers,

Magnus

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01-04-2009, 01:04:16 »
i m not sure but i think the apper had some chnages in mind
like 1 88 at the blockhouse
1 panzer III j for germans at map start
1 more panzer 4 as reinforcement for the counter attack

and some other stuff
honestly i m not sure if the changes were made yet or IF they will ever be made

That is good news.
Currently germans can't win. Usually they won when the allied team was incompentent. But time passed by and brits usually know what they are supposed to do. I think more than once there were situations on a full server lately where the germans kept the airfield with success, keeping the allies bleeding to the end. And the game ended up about 0:120 for the british. So even with constant enemy bleed the rape around the building in the south was too strong, as half of the spawns lie somewhere in the open. Those are really easy picking for the britsh tanks. And I don't even think that germans recapped the blockhouse in these cases, especially as they don't got tanks. So the most easy solution would be to reduce the tickets for the british about 100 or even 150 to give germans a chance to win at all with the current setting.

And, well, especially when it is a 64 player map with only about 40 or 50 players, the high number of allied tanks available in base appears to be a buffer stock. Even after the bleed shifted in favour of the allies, they can often send fresh waves of tanks into battle that have been ignored before because those were either slow( Matilda, Valentine) or weak armoured (stuart). And in this situation the germans get these lousy short barrelled tanks. I've seen matildas survive for hundrets of german tickets holding ground at the airfield. Together with the AT guns that is a strong defense.

So, any fixes are welcome.
« Last Edit: 01-04-2009, 01:04:57 by Dukat »

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Knoffhoff

• Vorstopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01-04-2009, 09:04:14 »
Very good posting, this is exactly the kind of feedback we need. Thank you Dukat.

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #14 on: 01-04-2009, 12:04:23 »

Sounds like someone has felt the sharp end of my SdKfz 222 typical hunt and kill all bren carriers making their way to the blockhouse.

Balance for the 64 player version imho does need a little more tweaking in favour of the German forces, tanks spawning at the mosque or some rocks to take cover ebhind between the mosque and airfield would make a hell of a difference.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats