Author Topic: Vehicles dead animations  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
Vehicles dead animations
« on: 20-08-2011, 07:08:08 »
I was playing Men of War, I noticed that vehicles in particular, when destroyed, the vehicle if they were at 30mph, they'll advance a little more, before stopping completely, going sideways. I wanted to know if it was possible to do it with the BF2 engine.

Because a vehicle going at 50mph, blowing up and staying completely still except for the frame moving, it's not very plausible to me.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
Re: Vehicles dead animations
« Reply #1 on: 20-08-2011, 08:08:55 »
I was playing Men of War, I noticed that vehicles in particular, when destroyed, the vehicle if they were at 30mph, they'll advance a little more, before stopping completely, going sideways. I wanted to know if it was possible to do it with the BF2 engine.

Because a vehicle going at 50mph, blowing up and staying completely still except for the frame moving, it's not very plausible to me.

bring back some elements of the 2.0's track disabling system... I would imagine when you're critically damaged you'll have difficulty moving, unable to bail out, and explode a few seconds later - epic!

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-08-2011, 11:08:32 »

bring back some elements of the 2.0's track disabling system... I would imagine when you're critically damaged you'll have difficulty moving, unable to bail out, and explode a few seconds later - epic!

Although I wasn't here when 2.0 was released I would like to see this "feature"  make a full comeback, especially now when FH2 will have to compete with BF3 which, AFAIK has mobility kill in the game.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-08-2011, 12:08:13 »
Although I wasn't here when 2.0 was released I would like to see this "feature"  make a full comeback, especially now when FH2 will have to compete with BF3 which, AFAIK has mobility kill in the game.

FH2 is in no league with BF3... that's like saying ManU has to compete with the Iroquois National Lacrosse Team ... both have something to do with balls, but that was about it. ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20-08-2011, 14:08:04 »

FH2 is in no league with BF3... that's like saying ManU has to compete with the Iroquois National Lacrosse Team ... both have something to do with balls, but that was about it. ^^

Dang, you're right BF3 just can't measure up to the awesomeness that is FH2.  ::)
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20-08-2011, 15:08:46 »
Uh...lol? My question?  ;D

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21-08-2011, 03:08:22 »
I would have loved to see a wing getting ripped off a plane, and generally less explosions for planes.

Maybe let planes have shitloads of health but, let them get to a point where they start burning and the engine stops. This point should be where the plane would blow up like today. Like it is now when it stops when you have like two bars left and the engine burns. So If you add more HP, the plane should not blow up so quickly. This would also lead to that pilot kits are worth having, when your plane don't blow up that easlily, but rather plummets down to earth. The pilot hatch opens and then "Geronimo!" You survived. The pilots shooting down planes would get less kills, but whoever cares about kills when you can get immersion :)

Poorly described, but I hope thou understand.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21-08-2011, 09:08:38 »
Aye, but this already happens. Once your plane drops to 1/4 health, the engine starts burning and below that it goes out and you crash while burning. :)
The main thing is, most of the time you are shredded by AA and another plane, so this phase is rather shortened a bit. ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21-08-2011, 10:08:53 »
oh yeah in theory it works like this but you're not right cause sometimes you can 1s1k plane and it explode immedietly (what happens most of the time). I support this suggestion as it could add immersion to flying. Plane physics are great now but planes are just blowing too fast. Maybe adding them moooore health and making their engines dying much faster to compensate this (at 1/2 hp or something) would do the job? Also instead of engine death, your plane controls death could simulate this better because when your engine's down plane drasticly slow down and behave like a paper plane or fall straight down (perpendicularly like it hasn't any lift). Falling down at full speed leading to spectacular crash giving you more time to bail the plane would be awesome.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21-08-2011, 13:08:17 »
oh yeah in theory it works like this but you're not right cause sometimes you can 1s1k plane and it explode immedietly (what happens most of the time). I support this suggestion as it could add immersion to flying. Plane physics are great now but planes are just blowing too fast. Maybe adding them moooore health and making their engines dying much faster to compensate this (at 1/2 hp or something) would do the job? Also instead of engine death, your plane controls death could simulate this better because when your engine's down plane drasticly slow down and behave like a paper plane or fall straight down (perpendicularly like it hasn't any lift). Falling down at full speed leading to spectacular crash giving you more time to bail the plane would be awesome.
Yup! You described it better than I did! Like it is now, Hans-Ulrich Rudel would have had 32 deaths...

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22-08-2011, 16:08:14 »

yeah agreed planes should be easy to shoot down but harder to kill.