Author Topic: Forgotten Hope 2 wants YOU!  (Read 13354 times)

Offline Tim270

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope 2 wants YOU!
« Reply #15 on: 22-02-2011, 07:02:19 »
Once I finish up most of my current projects I will definitely shoot a pm over.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22-02-2011, 12:02:59 »
  Does FH2 want me?

Sure ;)

FH2 loves you all.. it needs you and feeds on your love and affection for it, your care and understanding. Your blood and your tears and your mind and your soul! It runs on the fires of your motivation and impulsion! It lives forever in the memory of man, and it is Driven by your highest hopes, hopes that are not forgotten but right "there", in your heart and uncrushable dreams, save only by your own potential and limitations.
We want you all, we need you all, for without all of you FH2 would only be a distant vision, crossing the horizon at twilight, unknown to its own potential, a potential that could change the world.

Someone been following a personal skills training  ;) or did this just came pouring out of your heart.
Anyway good motivational speech * Runs wrapped in the Icelandic flag, screaming FORRRR FATJOE, For Forgotten HOpe, OrAAaa!

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22-02-2011, 15:02:05 »
I'm going to start work on that Forgotten Hope 2 manual before this week is up, then I will start learning how to mod. Will be bugging y'all with annoying questions about what I need at each step so NOTE :-)

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22-02-2011, 16:02:54 »
I'm going to start work on that Forgotten Hope 2 manual before this week is up, then I will start learning how to mod. Will be bugging y'all with annoying questions about what I need at each step so NOTE :-)

i can help you if you want ;D

you want to start mapping,coding,leveldesign or modeling?

Offline phillip

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22-02-2011, 19:02:06 »
We have three coders: Spit, Kev4000, and Gunnie. Although they are usually backed up with fixing bugs and exporting vehicles so the more the merrier.

I'm not really sure what would be required of a coder, but you must have some knowledge of how the BF2 code system works. I'll let Kev or Spit explain in more detail.

I'd be curious to know what it means to be a coder.  We know (or can research) what you need to be a mapper.  Mostly artistic creativity and patience.  I've done vanilla ssm stuff, imported bfsw vehicles/weapons, converted handweapons into ironsight mode for fhtmod. Understanding file structure and python code is easy.  Creating heighmaps and stuff is not my cup of tea.  Nor modeling/animations.  Too artistic for me.

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22-02-2011, 19:02:58 »
We have three coders: Spit, Kev4000, and Gunnie. Although they are usually backed up with fixing bugs and exporting vehicles so the more the merrier.

I'm not really sure what would be required of a coder, but you must have some knowledge of how the BF2 code system works. I'll let Kev or Spit explain in more detail.

I'd be curious to know what it means to be a coder.  We know (or can research) what you need to be a mapper.  Mostly artistic creativity and patience.  I've done vanilla ssm stuff, imported bfsw vehicles/weapons, converted handweapons into ironsight mode for fhtmod. Understanding file structure and python code is easy.  Creating heighmaps and stuff is not my cup of tea.  Nor modeling/animations.  Too artistic for me.
Coding = looking at something that has been done before and then figuring out how to make it better. The code BF2 uses is very simple, but unfortunately BF2 isn't.
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22-02-2011, 20:02:56 »
Requirements for coding is knowledge of importing assets, such as tanks or weapons.

For example for my own application project when I joined FH2 back in '08, I coded the StG44 and M10 tank destroyer. Since then I've learned how to export all BF2 file types, animate, do ironsights, and develop workflows.

Due to the nature of coding, if you have any other specific coding related skills which you think could contribute, give us a shout and we'll evaluate it on an individual basis.

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
  • Forgotten Hope Alliance
    • View Profile
    • mah website
« Reply #22 on: 22-02-2011, 20:02:03 »
  Does FH2 want me?
Ofcourse Lainer.

Toilets haven't been cleaned in ages, 'bout time we got someone like you.

I see that you could not even do the simplest of jobs here at FH2...and already trying to find a replacement for yourself. Tss.

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22-02-2011, 22:02:33 »
Very good initiative.

I have a very good knowledge in programming ! "coding" ( RL work ) but unfortunately i cant contribute to anyone, not even my boys at Forgotten Honor. But python is a very easy languange to learn, if you have the will and small ammout of knowledge its a try/fail/try/sucess type of programming. Not hard at all.

But just a suggestion, there alot and i mean big ammount of good maps in F|H that can be taken by a official FH dev and with a small ammount of work, in my opinion, rhey can be added to the game itself.

One of the main things every FH player complains about is the lack of map options. FH needs to be more flexible on this.

OT:
Maybe if you put this thread in the General Discussion section it will attract more people. Not many members watch this section of the forum down below....

azreal

« Reply #24 on: 22-02-2011, 22:02:49 »
We are looking for people who will work with us and produce content for us, not for more unfinished maps for us to finish.

Offline Fenring

• Developer
  • Retired FH2 developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23-02-2011, 00:02:41 »
One of the problems with current FH2 is that we made to many maps for each release which delayed other theaters by far to long. We will not add any more maps that feature normandy, custom maps can be great but they still take a great deal of testing time and resources that can be used for more urgent things. The reason I started this thread is not because we have an unlimited pool of developers. But because we are maybe 15 active right now, we would need probably 5 or 10 more to do a good russia release. I'm sorry we simply cant divert more resources.

Off topic discussions on why some people cant be nice to each other will be deleted. Please dont derail this important thread.

What we need most of all is 3D artists.

Offline Guderian

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23-02-2011, 00:02:38 »
This thread is a request to community members to offer help to the mod they enjoy playing by adding new potential team members that will move the mod forward with more frequent releases.

Mapping is an all consuming "grinder" that requires an incredible about of energy. We need applicant mappers that can take an existing map or create a new map and work to its completion. I don't have the desire or energy to take on more work.

Personally, I've been working on a map for the past 4 months and now I'm beginning the most exhausting part in development, finishing the map to the FH2 standard. That's the point Azreal is trying to make.  

I was given Villers-Bocage as my application. For several months, I was given an enormous amount feedback and subsequent work from our group of level designers to help develop my overall skills. So, we offer self-motivated and dedicated guys an opportunity to join the team and reap the rewards of working with one of the best mods of all-time.
« Last Edit: 23-02-2011, 01:02:15 by Guderian »

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23-02-2011, 01:02:20 »
I cleaned this thread from all off topic material. I will keep an eye on this thread, for it is rather important one and ought to be taken seriously. If you have your abusive or otherwise unacceptable posts deleted, you are not to post it again and again.

By reading this you accept the fact that continuing this kind of behaviour will get you banned.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

azreal

« Reply #28 on: 23-02-2011, 05:02:44 »
Also, if anyone has any experience developing I-phone applications, please contact us. :)

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23-02-2011, 06:02:56 »
I'm not sure, but there seemed to be a few Chinese guys around who could translate your webpages to Chinese. Let's don't forget the Asian playerbase, especially the two Chinas (the communist and the nationalist), Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, Korea, ... etc, it is an enormous potential to expand the mod into, and the very first step should be to support the game in their language.

If FH2 could mobilize just a bit of Asian players it is going to be so different. See what the Japanese had done in FHSW.
« Last Edit: 23-02-2011, 06:02:18 by General_Henry »