Author Topic: Picture of the Day  (Read 2111856 times)

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
Re: Picture of the Day
« Reply #3570 on: 09-05-2010, 23:05:05 »

Oh and whats wrong with tanks running over dead bodies (or alive if your life depends on it)? I bet tankers would hate cleaning that off later but otherwise...

Really?  Do you really not see anything wrong with it?

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: 09-05-2010, 23:05:39 »

German 7.5cm PaK 40 gun and crew. France, October-1943.

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: 10-05-2010, 04:05:07 »

Oh and whats wrong with tanks running over dead bodies (or alive if your life depends on it)? I bet tankers would hate cleaning that off later but otherwise...

Really?  Do you really not see anything wrong with it?

I sure do. It's desecrating a dead body...that guy has a family that wants to bury his remains. Sure, if it's a choice between the death of my tank and its crew and running over a dead body, I'm going to run over the dead body but only when there's no other choice.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: 10-05-2010, 06:05:13 »
1)  Family isn't gonna bury the remains, he would be buried in field in a marked grave.

2)  What do you think happens to guys who are hit by artillery and such.  Running over a dead body is no different in terms of the body being destoryed

3)  Tanks in WW1 and WW2 very very commonly ran over enemy infantry as a tactic.  Russian tanks would also drive over foxholes and then turn over them, collapsing the hole and burying people inside alive.  Also one of the best tactics against a close in surprise attack by an anti-tank crew was indeed to simply charge the gun, if you survived the first shot, and run it over, killing or forcing the crew to flee.

Offline Sagal

• View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: 10-05-2010, 07:05:14 »
I agree with VonMudra it's not that much different compared to getting burned with flamethrower or to die in bombings etc.

And about that turning over foxhole until it collapses, I've heard that Germans did that too in the ostfront?

Russian heavy bomber TB-3, seems that there are some paratroopers jumping out of it but not 100% sure
I only drink beer to make room for few more in the fridge

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #3575 on: 10-05-2010, 08:05:04 »
You already killed him so whats the point of trying it again?
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: 10-05-2010, 08:05:46 »
Yes, those are paratroopers.

And the germans probably did too.  Now that I think of it, I bet all sides did.

And you run the body over because the crew REALLY doesn't care about carefully maneuvering slowly watching out for every limb.  Its combat, you don't focus on stuff like that.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: 10-05-2010, 09:05:03 »
Everyone except the Japanese.. I mean, man their tanks are so light that when they run over you, you just dont feel pain at all!

Germans troops and their new Toy, Ft17.

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: 10-05-2010, 13:05:31 »
I agree with VonMudra it's not that much different compared to getting burned with flamethrower or to die in bombings etc.

And about that turning over foxhole until it collapses, I've heard that Germans did that too in the ostfront?

Russian heavy bomber TB-3, seems that there are some paratroopers jumping out of it but not 100% sure

haha they are actually standing on the wing :o

Offline Sagal

• View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: 10-05-2010, 14:05:27 »
The russian way / BF1942 way :P
I only drink beer to make room for few more in the fridge

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: 10-05-2010, 14:05:06 »

Greek Mother saying Goodbye to her son...Giving him a lucky charm

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: 10-05-2010, 15:05:18 »
1)  Family isn't gonna bury the remains, he would be buried in field in a marked grave.

2)  What do you think happens to guys who are hit by artillery and such.  Running over a dead body is no different in terms of the body being destoryed

3)  Tanks in WW1 and WW2 very very commonly ran over enemy infantry as a tactic.  Russian tanks would also drive over foxholes and then turn over them, collapsing the hole and burying people inside alive.  Also one of the best tactics against a close in surprise attack by an anti-tank crew was indeed to simply charge the gun, if you survived the first shot, and run it over, killing or forcing the crew to flee.

I believe I said I'd do it if it was a military necessity, but not just for the sake of running over someone.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: 10-05-2010, 16:05:04 »
Swordfish in desperate need of a paint job.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #3583 on: 10-05-2010, 16:05:03 »
And you run the body over because the crew REALLY doesn't care about carefully maneuvering slowly watching out for every limb.  Its combat, you don't focus on stuff like that.
It's not always combat..
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline hslan.Lord Helmchen

• View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: 10-05-2010, 19:05:50 »

Fallschirmjäger with mg42, arranged to shoot enemy planes. In the background you can see several "Rommelspargel" (asparagus), in that case used to prevent paragliders from landing (I'm waiting for a wisecracker to tell us the english term for it ;)). Photo around '44