Author Topic: Francophone FH'ers, help a brother out.  (Read 670 times)

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
Francophone FH'ers, help a brother out.
« on: 01-04-2014, 20:04:24 »
Hello all.

For my French class I'm supposed to use a program on the interwebs called Mixxer to find a French person to have a little conversation with over chat.  However, I've sent out loads of messages and not a single person has replied.  :(

I know that some of you lot speak French, and perhaps one of you wouldn't mind hitting me up on steam and chatting for a bit in French?  You're all very good at English and I imagine some of you speak French well enough as a second-language anyway.  I'll apologize in advance because I'm pretty rubbish myself, and also I can't use damn accents on my laptop keyboard easily.

So please, if you have 15 minutes today or tomorrow, send me a PM on here, or hit me up on Steam, or hell even use this thread, it doesn't matter.  I just have to provide a transcript of a conversation.

Merci d'avance

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
Re: Francophone FH'ers, help a brother out.
« Reply #1 on: 01-04-2014, 21:04:43 »
Je parle techniquement français, mais du Québec, alors je sais pas si ça peut t'aider ;)

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01-04-2014, 22:04:29 »
Pour aujourd'hui, ça suffit. ;)  Sont-ils vraiment les différences grandes entre la français de la France et du Québec?  C'est un peu comme la situation avec anglais, n'est-ce pas? J'habite en les États Unis et je suis né en Irlande, alors peut-être je ne parle pas le vrai anglais. Mais il n'y a pas une "Académie Anglais" comme en France.

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01-04-2014, 23:04:21 »
À l'écrit, les différences ne se voit pas, mais lorsque parlé c'est une toute autre chose. Par contre, au Québec, nous sommes capable d'écrire notre langue parlé. Dans ce cas ci, j'utilise plutôt une forme de français international ou comme tu l'a dis, académique.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02-04-2014, 19:04:37 »
Comme Alakazou l'a dit, au Québec quand on écrit, on écrit le même français qu'en France. Par contre entre Québecois, on écrit souvent un peu à la manière des Américains, "imma" "gonna" alors par exemple "Je vais" = "Jvais", etc. Same orally, we do contractions.

Do you want us to correct your mistakes too?
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06-04-2014, 02:04:30 »
 Give him a serious dose of Joual boys,

then let his prof figure out whether PJ is wrong or has just learned to speak like a peasant.

As an anglophone of Quebecois descent, I have never really found much of a difference apart from the slang and accentuation of the language. Even within Quebec, there is a massive range of accents, depending on your cultural heritage, location and even racial identity (ie: Nunavik French versus Mohawk English, repeat ad nauseum).
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06-04-2014, 02:04:05 »
I had to take French for 11 years like most Canadians did. In grade 6 I told my French teacher she had small tits in French and got sent to the office :(
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.