Author Topic: Review the latest movie you have seen  (Read 180464 times)

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
Re: Review the latest movie you have seen
« Reply #615 on: 07-06-2010, 14:06:27 »
Zulu

- Classical old epic. Caine is perfect as the snobby high class officer.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 09-07-2010, 09:07:09 »
Predators

I'll give it a 4.5 out of 10.
An enjoyable movie but it has plot holes and logical errors like I've never seen before. The director makes it quite clear and that from early on, that the pictures and the story are just by-work and settings for the next mortal combatesque death scene. The only positive characters, although killed of in under 5min of their appearance, in this movie were Laurence Fishburne and Danny Trejo.
As I said, grab a beer, leave your brain at home and you will chuckle at some points and start laughing when the credits role and you will see the most likely longest first name of an actor in history: Mahershalalhashbaz Ali

;D
« Last Edit: 09-07-2010, 09:07:11 by N24Reporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 09-07-2010, 14:07:53 »
The A Team                                       7/10

Ive heard many say this movie sucks, but i think its very funny. I laughed alot several times. Im an old A Team fan , i guess those who arent wouldnt like the movie at all. I also think the new actors are very good replacements for the old ones, Murdock as my favorite maybe. Some of the scenes consist of unrealism to an extreme limit, like you have to be a genious in "unrealism" to invent such. Like a tank falling in parachute, beeing controlled by fireing the cannon to propell the tank, or to use the rotors of an old huey chopper to make a shield against bullets. So in other words, watch this film as a comedy  :)

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #618 on: 09-07-2010, 15:07:44 »
The A Team                                       7/10

Ive heard many say this movie sucks, but i think its very funny. I laughed alot several times. Im an old A Team fan , i guess those who arent wouldnt like the movie at all. I also think the new actors are very good replacements for the old ones, Murdock as my favorite maybe. Some of the scenes consist of unrealism to an extreme limit, like you have to be a genious in "unrealism" to invent such. Like a tank falling in parachute, beeing controlled by fireing the cannon to propell the tank, or to use the rotors of an old huey chopper to make a shield against bullets. So in other words, watch this film as a comedy  :)

7/10 from me too - I thought the new B.A. was pretty cool, I mean it's an easy role to immitate, but a hard one to make convincing - and he did a real good job.  I love Liam Neison, so having him as hannibal was +1, I didn't like Face, something about him... just not a patch on Dirk. But it didn't spoil the film.  And I did a lol, which is rare.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: 09-07-2010, 22:07:17 »
Predators

Attention, following might contain spoilers!!

OK so Im a big Predator and Alien geek, and after the horrendous movies (AvP and AvP:R) I had zero positive expectations on this movie. I was expecting it to have something utterly stupid that would rape the franchise even more. But I surprised to see that it was actually a rather alright Predator flick.

First of all, we are thrown into the movie straight away without stupid bullshit chit chat parts in which nothing happens for 30 mins. No, we are directly thrown into the unknown world with unknown people in an unknown situation. I liked that.

What goes to the plot is that theres a group of inviduals that are captured by the Yautja (Predators) who use all sorts of life forms as hunting game in their own little playground planet. These inviduals are all sorts of types ranging from mercenaries to rapists. I especially liked the big russian dude with a minigun. That dude had a child called Sascha. I was wondering where the hell was Natascha. I was expecting him to yell CRY SOME MOAAAARRR! at one point.

So the group must stick together in order to find out who they are facing, where they are and how the hell they get out. And in the course of the movie they naturally get picked out one by one. But the first to die, isnt a black dude, what a surprise! We also see a cameo from Matrix' Morpheous who had seem to flown over the cuckoos nest. Perhaps he was the best character with the russian dude right after him.

Then, the Predators of the movie. Warning: Next bit might cause severe geekgasming! Main Preds are, what I like to call, renegade predators. To my understanding these three main Predators are criminals in the eyes of the rest of the Predators within their clans, meaning they have performed unhonorable deeds and are thus banished from the clan society. So basically these badasses did something within their clan which caused the rest of the Preds to ditch them on a jungle planet.

I guess the "crime" they performed is what they do to the main cast, that is abducting all sorts of feisty fighters from all over the galaxies for their own little games. Usually its the other way around, the space hunters go to various worlds to hunt several different species until they end up fighting the ultimate prey, the Alien xenomorphs. So maybe hosting their own sports games on a remote planet is what got the rest of the clan get pissed off and kick these Renegades out from the clan society.

So what about the movie itself? It wasnt bad, hell no. It had like gazillion of references to good ol' Predator and Predator 2. Maybe a bit too much. Some of the scenes were literally ripping the first movie off so bad I only chuckled, but in a good way I guess.

I had expectations that this movie would make me facepalm and hate movie industry for raping my favorite Hollywood monster even more. But for my surprise, they didnt.

I give this movie 3/5.

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 11-07-2010, 07:07:35 »
Låt den rätte komma in

Weird Vampire movie, super odd take, random violent scenes. Particularly enjoyed the ending pool scene. I'd say 4/5. Not at all what I expected, but you swedes are weird!

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 11-07-2010, 10:07:22 »
TOY STORY 3.

I know, I know; what Im doing watching this movie? If you thought that, then burn in hell. The world waited 11 years for another good Toy Story movie, and Pixar did not dissapoint.

The characters are just as you remember them, except for a few of them gone over the course of the first and second movies, like Bo for example or Etch. It was just a shocker that the toys learned how to use better ways to catch the attention of Andy that has grown up to 17-18 years old; even moving his cellphone for him to play with them one last time. It made me almost sight sadly as they thought they were going to the garbage, especially poor Jessie after that painful trauma a decade ago.

Even the end...it could be one of the best endings in all the Toy Story franchise, and what a fitting end, especially when Andy play's with them one last time after giving them away, hardly to a child that needed them most that him, those toys already made his life happy, now it was the time for another soul to be happy.

Goddamn it, I almost cried in sadness with the ending of this movie.

I recommend this movie with childre, by yourself, your girlfriend, or your friends; it is really a movie not for children for a way to say it. How come toys can made someone cry by the way?

In any case, I give this movie the rightous of 5/5.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 14-07-2010, 11:07:02 »
I hear ya!

For me, its a Live Free of Die Hard, perfect third part to the franchise... Toy Story 3... great movie...
9/10

Another good one, not quite as mature in its execution, but with some memorable characters like Raymond or 'Ramon' is the Princess and the Frog.. I love the twist on the tale and the humour is as always fresh... The setting too is quite magical... Definitely a keeper, and it sure does justice to the classic greats like Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast etc...

I love the way mama Odie, unlike the Shadow man does not in fact use her voodoo, which kinda keeps the goodness of the good guys... And some stupid churchy Chrsitian website or something claimed the voodoo in the movie made it unbefitting of a Disney movie... Whaddya want, a Chrsitian story?!!

I give this gem an 8/10... Glad to see Walt Disney in both 3D and 2D animation hasn't lost a hint of its pixie dust :-)

Still the stuff you'd want to raise your kids watching

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #623 on: 14-07-2010, 18:07:02 »
The Last Airbender (2010)
For those of you who have seen the TV show, don't watch this movie.  Seriously, it will completely ruin everything for you.  I watched the TV show since it came out because I was 11 and it seemed pretty cool and I watched it until the series finale which was totally set up for a continuation series, so I was pretty excites years later to hear they were making a live-action of it, as if nothing live-action has ever been bad, ever.  The ending sucked, too, and I have a feeling that's where they lost their budget.  Everything except the effects was horrible, and its compounded by the fact that I had to see it in '3-D'.  If you are a fan, never see this movie.

0/10

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 14-07-2010, 22:07:34 »
I will say this about the new 2D disney though... As wonderful as it is to see the 'cassic's back', I noted that this last instalment was only as good as a Warner Bros movie in the '90s... I'm talking about the like of An American Tail: Feivel goes West and We're back, A Dinosaur Story... The songs were a tad better, not as memorable as Beauty and the Beas of Alladin, or the Jungle Book for that matter, and the story and charactes although great like I already said, were comparable to Rex from We're back or someone like that...

I certainly hope they continue with 2D cuz I've always believed 3D was meant to replace stuck-motion Animation, not cartoons... but they need to add alot more colour and shine to the new art form otherwise, this might as well be 1997... Oh, yes.. one Walt Disney Film this is comparable to, songs, characters, though a better build-up, is Hercules... So you might get my point... hence, the 8/10

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: 14-07-2010, 22:07:53 »
So, I turned the Tv on and flipped to G4 where they were showing Predator 2.

It was about 20 minutes in, but the movie was great. Its got some good tense scenes where you know some folks are totally fucked and are going to die in the next 3 minutes. The ending was pretty cool too.

4.5/5

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: 14-07-2010, 22:07:45 »
Blade II

Quite nice,the problem is that I watched this one before the first movie...that screws up the storyline.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: 15-07-2010, 01:07:23 »
How to train a dragon... not sure if I got the title right, it was named in some other language...

Well, I noted something. We've gotten to the point where animation is as good as it will get for a while, and can be done easily... All that distinguishes now is story line... Story was cute.. but poorly executed with characters switching opinions too quickly and too predictably, especially regarding the main actor, who plays an over-played arche-type... the misunderstood son who has alot to live up to, but just wants to be different.

Sadly, I have to give this one a 2/5. The lowest I've rated for a movie I actually respect for effort.

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #628 on: 15-07-2010, 12:07:56 »
Oorlogswinter (Winterwar) - A film about a boy dealing with German occupation during WW2 how he decides to help the dutch resistance, quite good Sunday afternoon film, not horrific or blood n' guts horrific, but it does leave a sadness that you will feel for the rest of the day.

4/5
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #629 on: 15-07-2010, 14:07:49 »
Predator

5 out of 5. Only got to see half but I love the b-movie action, really good for a late night movie. DUAL MP5! But most of the points are for the awesome Predator and the famous 'GET TO DA CHOPPAH' line.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."