Author Topic: Weird Generic BF2/FH2 Thought/Question  (Read 575 times)

Offline noddynod443

• View Profile
Weird Generic BF2/FH2 Thought/Question
« on: 04-08-2019, 07:08:33 »
Howdy Folks,

I was wondering if anyone could please share some ideas about a BF2 thought.

The thought is that comparing  when BF1942 to BF2/FH2 there is a different "system" to how the tickets function. In BF1942 if you a side runs low on tickets (example "5") only that number if bots/players are allowed to spawn. If there is one ticket left, there is mosy likely one bot left running around the place.

I like the way this turns out, because it gives the impression that the losing side is running out of soldiers, or if you're on the losing side you feel like the last man standing.

However, in BF2 and Forgotten Hope 2, if there are lets say 32 bots on each side and the ticket number of one of the sides reaches 5 tickets left, all 32 bots will continue to spawn in until the ticket level reaches zero abruptly ending the round.

I don't like this because it does not give you the feeling of fought for victory or defeat. You can be in the middle of an intense battle fighting more than a dozen enemys at the same time just to have the round rudely interrupted with the message of victory or defeat just because a side's tickets ran out.

Does anyone think there is any possible way to host a round of BF2 with some modified setting to make it so the number of allowed spawning bots/players decreass based by how low the ticket value becomes; so that if there is one ticket left there will only be one bot/player left standing similar to how it works in BF1942?

Any Ideas please?

Thanks Gentlemen, (sorry for such a weird question).

Sincerely,

Noddynod443

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Generic BF2/FH2 Thought/Question
« Reply #1 on: 04-08-2019, 18:08:11 »
I’m not sure what kind of coding magic would be needed to make this happen unfortunately. Some sort of python I’d guess.

It would be neat, since Red Orchestra and Rising Storm basically do the same thing where once you run out of ‘tickets’ the rest of the people on the map need to fight it out. But those games have timers that make the round end even if you can’t find the enemy and kill them.

I can imagine that in BF2 there’d be some problems with bots that are maybe stuck at the main base and you can’t go kill them so the round goes on indefinitely. The way it is now is probably the best way for it to work properly.

Offline noddynod443

• View Profile
Re: Weird Generic BF2/FH2 Thought/Question
« Reply #2 on: 05-08-2019, 06:08:12 »
I’m not sure what kind of coding magic would be needed to make this happen unfortunately. Some sort of python I’d guess.

It would be neat, since Red Orchestra and Rising Storm basically do the same thing where once you run out of ‘tickets’ the rest of the people on the map need to fight it out. But those games have timers that make the round end even if you can’t find the enemy and kill them.

I can imagine that in BF2 there’d be some problems with bots that are maybe stuck at the main base and you can’t go kill them so the round goes on indefinitely. The way it is now is probably the best way for it to work properly.

Thanks Matthew_Baker for your great input! :)

I guess "absolute victory" can still be achieved by just capturing all the comand posts of the entire map and then just hunting down the few enemies left.

The entire enemy team can't spawn back-in in that situation!