Author Topic: World at War Naval Warfare and Custom Map Day - Saturday July 2nd 2011  (Read 13651 times)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
After plugging my brother's Saitek Cyborg joystick and trying flying some planes, I found out that it's impossible to use a plane with a joystick... The sensitivity is so high that I had big difficulties with aiming... And I don't know how I can change it...  >:(

Yeah I'm having this problem on my old Microsoft Sidewinder joystick.  Perhaps anyone can suggest something?
This is literally the only game I use a joystick on.

Can't help ya mine is not sensitive at all... exactly the opposite... I can't do rolls and turn quickly...  ???
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline bjack

• in_ur_base, campin ur planez
    • View Profile
After plugging my brother's Saitek Cyborg joystick and trying flying some planes, I found out that it's impossible to use a plane with a joystick... The sensitivity is so high that I had big difficulties with aiming... And I don't know how I can change it...  >:(

Yeah I'm having this problem on my old Microsoft Sidewinder joystick.  Perhaps anyone can suggest something?
This is literally the only game I use a joystick on.

Can't help ya mine is not sensitive at all... exactly the opposite... I can't do rolls and turn quickly...  ???

Hmm I suppose I should be careful what I wish for.  A large part of my problem is the horrible deadzone adjustment I seem to need.  The Windows joystick calibration doesn't do much for that.

Is it correct that the issue is more pronounced on these custom maps with the altered flight system?

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
But how can I set my joystick sensitivity? In my operating system I can only set deadzones... Maybe by setting deadzones will help me... Sb told me that it's possible to set sensitivity in game, but it also relates to mouse sensitivity... But changing it also didn't help me...

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
make sure that the yoystock is on analog.
I bought myself a steering wheel  and it was just 100% or 0% because Win 7 is stupid

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
make sure that the yoystock is on analog.
I bought myself a steering wheel  and it was just 100% or 0% because Win 7 is stupid

How can I check it? I have Windows XP...

Offline Sgt. Powderhound

• View Profile
Slight problem with the navy system. :P

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
LOL!

Prince of whales is such a dick!
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
Fresh from the front line:

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
It's filling up again. Don't miss it.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
Managed to play today three of these.

Supplies for Malta

This has the most potential IMO, even though it still highlights the unsolved problems with naval combat (accidentally exiting position on a moving ship/boat will kill you if one of the boat's vertical hitboxes catches you). Though once you aware of them, the becomes great fun. The excitement whether your torpedo actually hits and damages the PoW before your Schnellboot is blown to pieces is priceless, and the combined air/naval battle just feels right and in line with FH2.

Too bad I didn't get to experience the other two naval maps.

Alpenfestung

Runway texture flickers on and off at the German airbase, and while you're there the game lags like there's no to-mor-mor-mor-row. Some of the defenses look a little out of place, and the geography has IMO too abrupt height differences in some places gameplay-wise (not everywhere, it's the Alps after all). Also, despite ravines with steep walls and scarce (destroyable) bridges crossing them the gameplay is still not "channeled" into a fight for the "frontline", but becomes a chaotic backcapping fest where you easily become FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUstrated when you realize you have to take a long detour to return to that position. Would benefit from pushmode and slightly flattened geography + rethought defensive positions.

Moerbrugge

Good for 128+ players, not so good with less players (and even less so in public where people will not attack the flags in "proper" order). HUEG map with flags far apart from each other with little action or places of interest inbetween. Cobra suddenly feels compact and even the Farmhouse there seems close to the town compared to distances here. Especially the flag all alone in the northwestern corner... really? Long distances to and from mainbase mean that tanks become a valuable asset to be protected, but again, pushmode would be beneficial to prevent the Schwimmwagen/Jeep rushfrenzy and running back and forth without ever seeing the enemy. Dunno.... the town is nicely done, would perhaps benefit more from severely limiting the maparea to concentrate the fighting there.

Offline RN_Max

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
But how can I set my joystick sensitivity? In my operating system I can only set deadzones... Maybe by setting deadzones will help me... Sb told me that it's possible to set sensitivity in game, but it also relates to mouse sensitivity... But changing it also didn't help me...

I have a Saitek Cyborg evo which is, blimey, about six years old.  The Cyborg is a such great stick for general flying, being robust, reliable, amazingly programmable and has adjustable parts for left handers.  I can't and don't want to replace it except with another one.

Adjusting the Mouse Settings sensitivity in Aircraft controls has a profound effect and its not like the mouse gets affected anywhere else.

I've also maintained my Cyborg by lightly greasing the ball joint, spring and its floating plate at the base of the stick shaft.

The other place to alter sensitivity of Cyborg axes is in the Saitek Profile Editor.  Any of them can be set to Directional Axis mode which then shows sensitivity sliders.

The dead zones only need to be wide if the jitter on the axes is actually affecting the controls in game.

To be honest, they are the response is that sloppy in BF2 that a small amount of axis flicker makes bugger all difference most of the time.

My pet project was working out how to use the POV hat for mouse look ... without having to press a separate key.  It can be done using a Cyborg, with some minor controls.con editing and setting up the right Saitek profile.

Settiing it up is not for the faint hearted ... but mission accomplished and it's great!

That's for another topic perhaps.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile

My pet project was working out how to use the POV hat for mouse look ... without having to press a separate key.  It can be done using a Cyborg, with some minor controls.con editing and setting up the right Saitek profile.

Settiing it up is not for the faint hearted ... but mission accomplished and it's great!

That's for another topic perhaps.

Or you can use JoyToKey, no controls.con editing required  ;)
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Ajantis

• View Profile
Is there a way to play COOP?

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
Not yet unfortunately.
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".