Author Topic: FH2 Weapons Check: Ramelle-Neuville  (Read 6447 times)

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 Weapons Check: Ramelle-Neuville
« Reply #15 on: 19-11-2010, 08:11:08 »
Of course, this problem wouldn't come up at all if you strange people called petrol petrol and not gasoline.  Gas bomb just doesn't sound right (and is also very confusing, how do you not end up confused as to whether you are referring to petrol or something in the gaseous state of matter?).
How about you learn that it makes perfect sense and petrol is just mumbo jumbo. See, I can do it too!

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29-11-2010, 08:11:34 »
*Sigh* ww2 geekism is NOT an attractive quality in a guy.

we call it Molotov cocktail because its a cooler name than petrol bomb and a widely used misnomer

I did wish there'd be the sticky bomb, xpack with plunger and maybe even handheld mortar bombs. Hovarth's hat being maybe an easter egg.

The petro... MOLOTOV COCKTAIL should've really been in the building where the gramophone was. 'historic footage' shows that to have been so. And it would have been more useful against germans in the bottleneck - and the marder I

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09-12-2010, 00:12:03 »
Ya right Molotov-AT grenade. Hmmm...Faces of War anyone?
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09-12-2010, 10:12:42 »
Great ppst Jimi, thanks. I'll never complain about the amount of bazooka's on Ramelle again. Didn't know there were so many hidden away. I knew about the one at the top left flag and the one near the bridge (under the arches) but apparently there are a lot more.

Personally I would've liked to see Ramelle being explained better on the loadings screen. It has a lot of "hidden" stuff like when do the P51's attack exactly? When does weapon so-and-so get available? Why the funny spawn locations? Etc. etc.. Which is cool, but it has become a bit of an insider map, so to speak. For instance: how would a player know the Tiger doesn't respawn again? It usually is the case of experienced teammates cursing some newbie out for losing the tiger, which doesn't really do wonders for the overall vibe of the level. :)
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11-12-2010, 08:12:47 »
I think the P51 fly-over occurs once the Germans cap all flags up to the Alamo, whether the Alamo itself needs to be capped also, I am not too sure.

I have had times when my team tried to get over the bridge but couldn't, holding the Americans at bay from recapping the other side of it, and yet I still saw P51s eventually

The spawn locations have to do with the new FH2 team-spawn i.e a flag has 2 sets of spawns, one for each side. So when the Germans spawn at one base, they spawn more towards their side of it, and not directly on the flag. In a map like Ramelle, where flags are so close together, that's practically the next flag