Author Topic: How to matter to your squad and teammates  (Read 3805 times)

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
Re: How to matter to your squad and teammates
« Reply #15 on: 25-10-2012, 18:10:54 »
For me, a good squad leader care more about staying alive than pure action, kills and points.  He's always on the way to take/defend a flag.   He use BF2 VOIP only sparsely to justify/refine his "orders" submitted via 3d map marks.   

A good squad member is someone who, in regards to the plan submitted by his squad leader, knows when it's appropriate to spawn on him.  After he has spawned, he tries to fulfill orders and care more about his squad leader than his own ass because he understand that when his SL stay alive, it means spawn point for him and all his squad mates.

If good SL and SM meets in the same squad, great things could happen, no matter if the server is public or not.
« Last Edit: 25-10-2012, 18:10:45 by [QPS]_Sex_Bomb »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25-10-2012, 20:10:55 »
But you might be asking quite a bit from a stranger.

I like to think of being a squad leader as the pirate captain of rag tag bunch of buchaneers.
You don't lead your men by rank, but by your ability to give em good action.

They keep spawning on me because I present a forward spawn close to the action.
Some, may realize that my spawn is not just along the beaten track, but makes them more elite by flanking the enemy, etc. Once i figure out the type of squad I lead, I know what to do with them.

For some, I need to create a further spawn, because they will otherwise have me detected and overrun or naded.

For some, I can afford to run in with them knowing I'm surrounded a ring of steel and will likely die with my men only if the situation is hopeless, and can thus be a more aggressive leader.

More often though, I need to decide on a case by case basis, to fall back, to attack etc.

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26-10-2012, 18:10:32 »
Ive had alot of team play on public servers before, but its with names i know well and i know how those guys operate.  Usually the best chance ive had with team play on public servers is when there are few people and we play 16 or 32  size maps.  I nomrally play on the WAW server because there is a group of about 15-20 of us who work well together and get along.  Theres also quite a few of them that are skilled at the game (timemachine, eightball, chrisitie, rockwell to name a few) and i usually try to join their squads if i can because i know they talk and don't just run around like a chicken with their heads cut off.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27-10-2012, 02:10:03 »
Appreciated, but this is general advice that should work for anyone.
If it was only for people you know, it makes the larger population of public play (The more casual players) handicapped.

Like I said, these work irrespective of whom, with the rare case of people who truly have no idea what they are doing.

Teamplay is NOT limited to squads of people who know each other's name, but can be gotten from the very way the game plays.

The tips I have presented are a condensed form of years of trial and error and those that consistently functioned.

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27-10-2012, 05:10:56 »
It can work for everyone. I've only been playing about 2 yrs, give or take, and i quickly learned who wanted to play and who wanted to screw around.  If you pay attention to that (even during a game you can learn this) you can find your best chance to work together.  You learn how other people are by playing alot, thats what i did and now i enjoy the game much more because i don't jump from squad to squad trying to find people who are willing to work together.  FH2 is not a large comunity as you usually see the same people several times a week, by then you can usually find who to stick with and who to avoid.  Then you can work together and matter to each other.