Author Topic: Screenshots of games you play [big pics, 56k warning]  (Read 250873 times)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: Screenshots of games you play [big pics, 56k warning]
« Reply #2130 on: 23-12-2013, 02:12:14 »
Well South Africa is pretty much safe from any Axis invasion, and you will see it coming though, unless they land in your territory right away :P

Playing as a minor country is hard, I suggest you to buy licenses from your allies. That's how minors should play, forget about your own aircraft techs, concentrate your research on doctrines, industry and resources. Buy UK or USA newest aircraft models, build your own transport flotilla and try to buy 2 divisions (remember you don't buy entire divisions but individual brigades) of UK-US origin, use them as your main and best equipped force for fighting overseas. A tip, a few Generals on your army might have "Logistic Wizard" skill, there are good for active airforces and navies. I used to assign all my Japanese navy fleets to a "Army Group" level HQ with a Logistic Wizard commander, so that the ships would consume less oil and supplies.

In my Argentina game not long ago, I bought several German Infantry, Paratrooper, Panzer and Motorized divisions, I also equipped my navy with a few Japanese-made destroyers and my Airforce with Italian fighters and transports while I had two Henschell Hs129 squadrons from the Germans.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: 23-12-2013, 20:12:35 »
By late August 1946 I launched an offensive aiming to retake Padova. I used the entire I. Fallscrhimjagerkorps and elements of the XIV. Armeekorps and LXXV. Armeekorps. My forces in the area quickly overran Allied positions in Brescia, Verona and Ferrara, the 24. Panzer Division reached Padova and managed to cut the Allied forces in two.

On September 5 I reinforced the badly beaten 24. Panzer Division with the heroic 4. Fallscrhimjager Division, but they could only hold Padova for two days, as they faced overwhelming numbers.

On 12th September the entire II. SS-Panzerkorps was redeployed to Ferrara and launched an offensive with it's two Panzer Divisions and two Infantry divisions towards Padova. They smashed the Allied division in the area and was quickly counterattacked by Allied troops from Venice. Two Panzergrenadier divisions from the I. Fallscrhimjager Korps took Vicenza and Treviso and linked up with I. SS-Panzerkorps' 'Das Reich' division in Bolzano, effectively surrounding several Allied divisions to the west, which were destroyed with combined efforts by elements of the I. SS-Panzerkorps, I. Fallschrimjagerkorps and 1. Corpo d'Armata.

After capturing Bellano and Trento, our forces are getting ready to strike Venice from the South, West and North, recapturing the vital port and attacking east the defeat the Allied armies threatening Zagreb.

Speaking of Croatia, the Allies launched an attack towards Zagreb, surrounding one of my divisions and pushing back the entire front south of Zagreb a few kilometers. We are using the River Sava as a natural defensive line to hold any further Allied attacks, until with Heeresgruppe E and C deals with the Allies in Venice.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: 23-12-2013, 22:12:18 »
Thats awesome. Neutralizing the allies in Croatia will buy you a lot of time

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: 24-12-2013, 02:12:35 »
That would have been awesome!

I seized Venice and attacked to the east, capturing the port of Trieste but failing to attack south, towards their ports, heavy resistence and a well dug-in enemy.

I managed to hold the line with my Croatian allies along the Sava River, however in one sector they managed to break our defenses and I had to pull back some of my units.

Zagreb was now under Allied pressure. Fighting began in November 1946 and lasted for about two weeks, the units in Zagreb held as much as they could, but the city fell. The surrender progress of Croatia went skyhigh and they surrendered, the British completely annexed all their territory, leaving two Bulgarian Army Corps surrounded in former croatian territory.

I now have to organize my troops in the Balkans to face the enemy. The OOB goes like this.

The overall command is the Oberkomando Südost, under von Manstein. He also commands the Heeresgruppe Südukraine which will not take part in the fighting in the Balkans and the Heeresgruppe F, which controls what remains of the Balkans for Germany.

Heeresgruppe F covers about 487km of frontlines, with 179.000 men in 25 able divisions, some are units coming from Greece with no combat experience while we also have the battle hardened Panzer-Grenadier-Division Großdeutschland. This whole unit is commanded by von Kleist.

2. Panzerarmee, 82.602 men led by Hopner, this unit has a huge task. Since it's spread all over the front, their northen flank will attempt to protect Budapest, there the Zagreb veteran LXIX. Armeekorps and the XXII. SS-Gebirgskorps, along with the newly-arrived Romanian Corp 3 Armata will remain around Budapest, with the Romanians digging in the Capital while the LXVIII. Armeekorps remains around Belgrad.

Armee-Abteilung B commanded by List is made up with 55.711 Bulgarian Soldiers in two Army Corps, their main target was to attack from the badly defended southern flank of the Allies and capture the port of Split, they are surrounded right now.

Panzerkorps Großdeutschland, 19.992 men under General Busse, with the elite Panzer-Grenadier-Division Großdeutschland and the 3rd SS Panzer 'Totenkopf', they were to join the Armee-Abteilung B in their offensive towards Split acting as the spearhead of the attack. They lack fuel to relieve the List troops and are just stationary, what a waste of material.

Wehrm. Defh. Südost, not sure what the fuck that means but they have just two divisions with 17.972 men under Karst, they are holding the central area of the whole Heeresgruppe F front.

Meanwhile in Italy heavy fighting is going on, the Allies are now angry and they are pushing towards Saló and Milan, with lots of losses I managed to stop them 60km from Milan. I counterattacked towards Cremona and Verona, trying to cross the Po river with no succes. They are constantly attacking Parma but my units are holding it, some divisions in the entire front had to be pulled back from the action to refit.

National manpower reserves are quite low... I've contained the Soviets in the North, if they launch another offensive, I will not be able to reinforce my units anymore.

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: 24-12-2013, 10:12:56 »
Ok: today i bring you Old School gameplay  ;D

Does anywone here remembers Dreamcast? alrigth: there was an game... an exelent game! it was the first game i ever played, and it was called: Toy Commander

Its because of toy commander than i actually know this thing about ww2: i saw an iron cross on an airplane, and then i researched for it, and thats how i reached germany, nazis, ww2, ect... (i used to love airplanes back wen i was 7 years old... i even wanted to be pilot!)

Unfortunamently, the dreamcast breaked... and since theres no more dreamcast, i searched for another way to play this game...

And guess what? i found my way to make an emulator! and now i have toy commander on PC

Ohhh the memories!  :'(  (crying of happyness)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: 25-12-2013, 08:12:36 »
I have been thinking about a large offensive in Croatia.

I aim to take the ports of Split, Zara and Drubovnik, but also protecting the port of Tirana which is the entrance to Greece.

For this offensive I'm using reserves from the Heeresgruppe Mitte and Heeresgruppe G from the Normandy area. I've reorganized them into the IV. SS-Panzerarmee led by former I. SS-Panzerkorps commander Dietrich. In result, it's a mix between battle-hardened troops with simple reserves that have not seen much action.

The I. SS-Panzerkorps will act as the spearhead of the attack, smashing trough allied defenses to quickly surround the ports of Zara and Split at once. Meanwhile, the newly arrived  LXII. Armeekorps, XXV. Armeekorps, LXXXIV. Armeekorps and the veteran V. SS-Gebirgskorps will protect the I. SS-Panzerkorps northen flank and rear, but at the same time clearing the objetives. Once Split and Zara were captured, only the port of Drubovnik will remain. The whole IV. SS-Panzerarmee will link up with Heeresgruppe F southern elements currently in Albania and Bulgaria. This new Panzerarmee has a total of 191.000 men, divided in 5 Army Corps, containing 7 Panzer Divisions, 10 regular Infantry Divisions, 1 Motorized Division, 1 Parachute Division, 2 Mountain Infantry Divisions and 1 SS-Motorized Division.

In the south, Armee-Abteilung B, now commanded by defense expert Gotthard Heinrici, is tasked with a desperate defense of the Albanian capital of Tirana, his two Bulgarian Army Corps are out of supplies and are using old equipment. To support Heinrici, the elite Panzer-Grenadier-Division Großdeutschland and the 3rd SS-Panzerdivision will stand by in Bulgaria to counterattack, they are currently travelling there to resupply.

In the Northeast, and in order to put pressure on the allies, the 2. Panzerarmee will launch an offensive to smash the Australian, Canadian and Ecuadorian divisions between the rivers Danube and Sava, effectively reaching the Sava and establishing defensive positions. The 2. Panzerarmee has 5 Regular Infantry Divisions, 1 Militia Division, 1 Mechanized Infantry Division, 1 Mountain Infantry Division and 1 Cavarly Division available for the attack.

Red arrows are, of course, predicted Allied attacks and counterattacks.

Offline Damaso

• View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: 25-12-2013, 11:12:25 »
Sorry for interuption your torentino  :P

I´ve just downloaded the entire game (Hearts of Iron 3 Skidown), and first time i started to play it i had 2 problems:

1st - Im a total noob in this game, it will be a pain in the arse to learn 100% about this game (its very complex, but that makes the game interesting) how much time did you guys taked to learn how to play?

2º - The game had strong lag issues.. so i downloaded patches. the lag still presisted (but at a lower level) and i decided to play as Portugal, and since it takes AGES to make an research, i decided to make the researches, let the game open, and go sleep - today i woke up, and the game crashed (lol)

So, i decided to go download those "For the motherland" and "Their Finnest Hour" addons, and i instaled them... but the game doesnt start now: black screen, the clock cursor, the little "Ride of the valkyries" song, but in 2 seconds it says there was a problem with it, and it crashes on desktop.

Now im downloading the patch 4.02 (not sure, but the patch number starts by 4) and see if this will fix anything... i didnt rebooted my computer yet - in fact, i dont even close it! its been more than 1 year maybe than my computer gets only in suspension mode (because wen i restart it, 1/20 times it works properly... i take like 2 hours to restart my pc properly, since most of the times i restart the PC gets lagg as hell and i need to shut it down, and restart again... until it has no lag at the start.

EDIT: as much dishonest as this migh seem to the FH2 comunity, ive downloaded everything from Pirate Bay... and btw, ive fixed my last problem - i dindt had all the add-ones :)
« Last Edit: 25-12-2013, 15:12:41 by Damaso »

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: 25-12-2013, 14:12:23 »
Yeah you need a pretty new PC to run HoI3 decently. Especially in later games when you get more and more units in the world it goes slower and slower. Alternatively you can get Hearts of Iron 2. It's basically the same game, except you have less provinces in the world. (Again make sure you get the latest version and all add-ons.)

(Do note you can change game speed, playing through peacetime on normal speed is very slow indeed.)

These games are indeed quite complex, but once you know how they work they are a lot of fun. Play the tutorials in the game first, then try a small country that's in a safe place. (Neutral Portugal should be fine.) Try and see how the basics work. Then you'll need the wikis.

http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi3wiki/Main_Page

http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi2wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Try and read every guide on the wiki, it's a lot, but it's really really helpful.

Then try a game as one of the large countries. I'd advice either the USSR or Germany, as you won't have to bother with naval warfare. (Building ships requires a lot of industrial capacity and you can lose them very quickly, so if you don't know what you're doing you can lose a lot of power very suddenly.) The USSR is easier, you have more time before war starts, you have only one front and you can win by simply throwing in more units. As Germany on the other hand you progress is guided a lot. You get events to help you along (especially in HoI2). Still, winning battles requires you apply blitzkrieg tactics, which is something you have to figure out too.

Torenico:

Why don't you use your troops at the coast to break through to the north east and surround the allied troops around Zagreb? Seems to me, taking the coast will put you in a position you cannot possibly hold.
« Last Edit: 25-12-2013, 14:12:39 by Lightning »

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: 25-12-2013, 15:12:15 »
Isn't it also of vital importance to stop them from reinforcing and supplying?

edit: Zadar*
« Last Edit: 25-12-2013, 15:12:08 by PanzerKnacker »
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline hslan.totaler_humbug

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #2139 on: 25-12-2013, 18:12:53 »
Damaso, you should look for a mod which reduces the the traderequests of the AI. That might help
We need to be able, to throw Thermos out of Spotterplanes.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: 25-12-2013, 19:12:42 »
Damaso, if I would start a game with Italy today, it would take me about 5 hours to arrange all ships, troops, aircraft and commanders properly before a single hour passed.

Start a game with portugal, switzerland or the netherlands and just let it run while making good use of changing game speed.

Just watch and try to keep your country running. That will give you the most expirience you need.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Damaso

• View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: 25-12-2013, 19:12:33 »
Damaso, you should look for a mod which reduces the the traderequests of the AI. That might help

Can you name some?

Btw, i finished installing all the oficial expansions, the game works fine for now i guess (still some lag but its reduced)

I played as portugal in 1936 - i started to research some education, agriculture, and then some industries... also, i tried to join the axis, and in that pyramid i was really into them.. hoewer, they requested me something about "threat diference not enough" and so i coulnt join them... but then i invested on inteligente, in order to sent spies to Republican Spain (the republicans won the civil war) so they could create treath and then i would declare war to spain... and i got indeed enough treat to join the axis, but then they sayid i was on war with them, wich is strage because i wasnt really in about it...

Meanwile, i declared war to spain, but it got wrong - spanish soldiers own my entire country now, wile i tried to make an infantry strike (with only 2 "squares", because it takes too much time to make troops, so i decided to get in war just to see how it feels)

I still need some pratice, the game looks like to centralize more on the logistical part than in military strategies - if you want to start an war now, you should have prepared your army 2 years before... so yeah, you need to know exacly what you are going to do, and plain researches on the way to your objective...

Here i am, trying to blitz over the Spanish Republic capital... and in the meantime, spanish troops get half of my country (im soo noob)

But yeah, i have my game saved multiple times, so i will return and try to make an proper army before making anything.

EDIT: Im actually an very good economist (well, i suck at math, but i pretty good at making "economic blitz" by that i mean im good at achieving things like fast factories, fast researches, ect... but im not soo good at having an good army, studiying the best way to atack, ect... this happens to me in basicaly all strategy games i play.. during an online play of empire earth for example, i can be the most richest guy in the game... hoewer, it takes one enemy soldier to destroy my entire empire, and it pisses me off wen they start rushing me like 1 minute after the game start)
« Last Edit: 25-12-2013, 19:12:03 by Damaso »

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: 25-12-2013, 19:12:54 »
100$, 7.4 in dissent and 0 supplies is not what I would call a good economist. Start as Brazil to learn the game. It's the perfect country for a first playthrough. You can own the whole of South America without much problem.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: 25-12-2013, 19:12:44 »
Which torrent to download to play HoI III? So many to choose from and I don't know which one to trust...
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Damaso

• View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: 25-12-2013, 20:12:07 »
Which torrent to download to play HoI III? So many to choose from and I don't know which one to trust...

Im not sure if i can tell you that here on this post... but yeah i downloaded it easlily at the first try, and no viruses were spoted :)

One thing is for sure: you need Diamon Tools Lite, and WinRAR... those are suposely easy to deal with, since they are legal at some point...

Once you have those, PM me if you whana download it... i will sent you the respective links

(i know FH2 comunity forbibes spread of piracy... but that doesnt include PM´s rigth? since they are personel messages..)

100$, 7.4 in dissent and 0 supplies is not what I would call a good economist. Start as Brazil to learn the game. It's the perfect country for a first playthrough. You can own the whole of South America without much problem.

I am, but this print was taken rigth in the moment i was getting owned - before the war it was an cool economy, but then Spain started to bomb my factories, and all screwed up (economy eventualy decreased... a lot!)