Author Topic: FH 2.3 SP known errors & bot erronous behavior  (Read 14012 times)

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
Re: FH 2.3 SP known errors & bot erronous behavior
« Reply #30 on: 04-10-2010, 11:10:15 »
I just wanted to understadn 'why' they made it so is all. I thought it was just bot values that made them stay on, as opposed to the gun making anyone on it get stuck

Short story,bots are dumb,they are preprogrammed with many priorites
The best way to guarantee,they do a certain thing,is to guarentee they cant do anything else
There are some mods,and some maps where the exit positions are accidently blocked,which will also stop users exiting

Under normal circumstances a bot will remain in a vehicle/stationary weapon,until something with higher priorites comes within their range,map strategies and AI behaviours,can also play a large role in these situations

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04-10-2010, 12:10:20 »
Here's my problem with that approach. Fist off, I find it hard to believe that the code affects players also because I would have gotten stuck on more mgs in the past, considering that bots camp ALL mgs.

Whats more, if we were to be dismissive about these 'dumb bots', we'd have settled for 2.0-style Ai, and we havent.

I saw a thread about mgs that players got stuck on at the Bug reporting section, and I'm wondering if this is only a bot issue, or if it has a solution, besides stopping them from camping altogether - which we can all agree is a bad idea

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04-10-2010, 13:10:30 »
Here's my problem with that approach. Fist off, I find it hard to believe that the code affects players also because I would have gotten stuck on more mgs in the past, considering that bots camp ALL mgs.

Whats more, if we were to be dismissive about these 'dumb bots', we'd have settled for 2.0-style Ai, and we havent.

I saw a thread about mgs that players got stuck on at the Bug reporting section, and I'm wondering if this is only a bot issue, or if it has a solution, besides stopping them from camping altogether - which we can all agree is a bad idea

Yep,your right and i'm wrong
I know FUCKALL
Now if you will excuse,i,m going to check out some modding videos,by some guy called Devilman

http://www.youtube.com/user/DevilmanWhiteCats?feature=mhsn

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 04-10-2010, 14:10:44 »
Erm, dude. Now YOU'RE pulling rank. I'm not judging your knowlege. But fact is if we conclude that bots cant be made better, we'd have AI only at the level of AIX i.e nice, simple, arcade. We are trying to make a gamemode that still works with logistics, if not tactics.

I can confidently say FH2 AI is now better than AIX and we didnt get there dismissively 'accepting' the facts but trying to diagnose situations conclusively (Ask Remick and Drawde. We always get multiple voices on any argument irrispective of who it is). That way we know if we can push harder to fix it or need a workaround.

Sorry if I came across dismissive.

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 04-10-2010, 18:10:01 »
The AI MGs were created by Winterhilf prior to Drawde's or my involvement as his solution to getting bots to stay on MG positions. Drawde's AI files do render them useless, so they could probably be taken out of the mod files. I used them on a couple of maps before Drawde's mini mod was applied, but replaced them with standard MGs once the AI tweaks were in. Port en Bessin wasn't one of those maps though, but like I said PeB was updated by the mapper prior to release. So, the GPO and Strategicarea files are not mine.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 05-10-2010, 20:10:55 »
Cool, then its about changing the guns then. Kewl.

Updated possible project list in the 'singleplayer fan project' thread. Check out the thread and lets do all we can to fix stuff for a possible Drawde 2.3 compatible mod/fix - if, Drawde, you'd oblige us.

This thread is still the best for bug detection. zM, fret not. Im not torpedoing this. Just funneling results from here to proactive work.

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06-10-2010, 01:10:13 »
Fist off, I find it hard to believe that the code affects players also because I would have gotten stuck on more mgs in the past, considering that bots camp ALL mgs.

First off,I am still stunned that you are questioning my information

Not every MG is non exitable
as I posted earlier there are 2 types,exitable and non exitable
some maps have exitable,some maps have non exitable
and some maps even contain both

from port_en_bessin SP 64

rem [ObjectSpawnerTemplate: cq64_wn57_mg42]
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner cq64_wn57_mg42
ObjectTemplate.activeSafe ObjectSpawner cq64_wn57_mg42
ObjectTemplate.modifiedByUser "ramon"
ObjectTemplate.isNotSaveable 1
ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 0
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 mg42_bipod
ObjectTemplate.minSpawnDelay 999
ObjectTemplate.maxSpawnDelay 999

rem [ObjectSpawnerTemplate: cq64_wn56_kwk5]
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner cq64_wn56_kwk5
ObjectTemplate.activeSafe ObjectSpawner cq64_wn56_kwk5
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 kwk_5cm_fr

rem [ObjectSpawnerTemplate: cq64_wn56_mg34]
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner cq64_wn56_mg34
ObjectTemplate.activeSafe ObjectSpawner cq64_wn56_mg34
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 mg34_bipod_ai

rem [ObjectSpawnerTemplate: cq64_wn56_mg42]
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner cq64_wn56_mg42
ObjectTemplate.activeSafe ObjectSpawner cq64_wn56_mg42
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 mg42_bipod_ai

Also as I posted before
ObjectTemplate.dontAllowExit 1
dontAllowExit and 1
1 meaning YES
So,Do not allow exit..YES
That works for humans and bots
it is written in black and white
which part dont you understand  ???

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06-10-2010, 01:10:37 »
We're good here - thanks.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06-10-2010, 01:10:17 »
Actually, Devilman, could you help us at the 'fan project' thread with code to get Bardia 64 sp3 work in coop too, maybe someone could make a new updated DL for it then cF could post it on the link section?

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 06-10-2010, 02:10:39 »
WOW,look what I found
Another post of mine clearly explaining about non exitable MG's

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=10628.0

Post #10

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 06-10-2010, 08:10:58 »
Updated another bot erroneous behavior... check the first post.

Operation Goodwood bots cannot drive through the railway underpass and overpass.

Offline gijas04

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 07-10-2010, 03:10:52 »
Updated another bot erroneous behavior... check the first post.

Operation Goodwood bots cannot drive through the railway underpass and overpass.

I noticed this to on Goodwood. Especially with half tracks.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 07-10-2010, 15:10:39 »
Bots now love both lafette and bipod mg42, but never use .30cal tripod - not tried other deployable mgs. I recommend making them not bail from it like with the static guns or they may not fire it, bail and have it lost to the player

Also, please look at vehicle, esp. Tank 'heat' for each seat. Bots tend to know how long to stay riding tanks, but no other vehicle's passenger seats. They bail instantly.

They also dont switch between turret or hull mg to driver seat when the tank driver leaves which was fixed in the minimod

Also, they abondon healthy tanks for no reason. Solution also in minimod heat value for primary tank seat.

mobile 20mm on ramelle never used

All reverb sounds i.e 88, pz2, 20mm, mg34 etc are back. They make firing sound between actual shots.

allied Tanks on brest get to the 3rd or 4th flag and jurt sit there unless you drive beyond it yourself and give it back to them. Must be navmesh?

Pak 40 fires only HE at tanks.

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 07-10-2010, 19:10:32 »
Don't play a lot SP FH2, but since the good servers are always full now 2.3 is out (which is a good thing) I started getting a little more into SP.

First thing I noticed that on Olympus allied bots don't use planes. As a german I did a couple of runs on the enemy airfield in a 109 but there was no one to shoot at, just three planes in a row. Only after I switched teams and grabbed a Hurricane myself did they start spawning on the airfield and taking the occasional plane.

Also twice in a row I chased a german pilot attacking the NZ airfield  into the no-fly/swim/walk/drive zone at the right of the airfield and both times the pilot didn't make any effort of trying to fly out of that area. He did try to avoid me but was basically flying himself to death by not flying into the "normal" part of the map. I did die before I got him, because you know how it goes - you just have to try and get that kill, but apparently the bot pilot didn't. Does the out of bounds area affect bots at all?
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 07-10-2010, 19:10:34 »
Yes it does.