Author Topic: Problems With America?  (Read 6930 times)

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
Re: Problems With America?
« Reply #60 on: 20-05-2010, 21:05:49 »
You mean like the last time you ripped us apart and we laughed at you for being a creationist?
yeah probably, even though you failed to prove anything and just lost a member of the community, lol good job. Anyways, I think this is funnier.  ;)

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 20-05-2010, 21:05:39 »
I envy Finland's system, where they were taught based on every person's unique interest and logical reasoning.

Do you know where I can read more about this? Education reform is an issue I have written about and one that I am interested in.

In Germany many envy finlands education system due to small classes and stuff. Most don't envy the high taxes that pay for it though.  ;)

How much people had/have you guys when you were/are 14-16 years old in your classroom?

In Germany? 20 - 30

same here in finland.

for megaraptor:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Finland

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 20-05-2010, 21:05:41 »

Here is the pecking order at my job in an IT department

a. Woman VP

1 guy who we think is gay.

About a. Woman VP.
 Is she hot ?? Would cool if you would be the first male who slept his way to the top  ;)

About 1 guy.
Are you have a coming out party, because the Polish and the devout Catholic might become a problem.

Good to have you back Stylie.
« Last Edit: 20-05-2010, 21:05:16 by NTH »

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 20-05-2010, 21:05:15 »
I envy Finland's system, where they were taught based on every person's unique interest and logical reasoning.

Do you know where I can read more about this? Education reform is an issue I have written about and one that I am interested in.

In Germany many envy finlands education system due to small classes and stuff. Most don't envy the high taxes that pay for it though.  ;)

How much people had/have you guys when you were/are 14-16 years old in your classroom?

In Germany? 20 - 30

same here in finland.

for megaraptor:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Finland

Hmm, perhaps it was sweden then.

Offline Mr.Deceptive

• Been here too long
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 20-05-2010, 22:05:30 »
Like I say before, you think with you ass :)

Thoughtful, riveting and fresh. Truly wholesome.
There's no difference between being holy and alone

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 20-05-2010, 22:05:04 »

Oh don't be a hypocrite. Honestly, All I hear you do is bitch over problems that really are non of your concern, like how another country governs themself with the lack of knowledge on how to fix it. If I have a problem, I try to a sensible or at least A solution, and I normally don't go off and whine about European nations I disagree with like communism and stuff like that, I do however, complain about communism when it's trying to squeeze it's way into my country.  >:(
« Last Edit: 20-05-2010, 22:05:15 by Oddball »

Offline stylie

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 20-05-2010, 22:05:52 »

Here is the pecking order at my job in an IT department

a. Woman VP

1 guy who we think is gay.

About a. Woman VP.
 Is she hot ?? Would cool if you would be the first male who slept his way to the top  ;)

About 1 guy.
Are you have a coming out party, because the Polish and the devout Catholic might become a problem.

Good to have you back Stylie.

LOL I have researched it. A female VP of IT is pretty rare but I wouldnt want anyone else, she is a great and fantastic lady. Her tech skills are of the 70's/80's programming variety. AS400 and prior. As a business mind she is second to none. As far as her hotness, those days are over i'd say. However, in her day I think she was probably VERY VERY hot. Ive seen pics of her daughters and was quite impressed. The apple does not normally fall far...
~ A stylie joint.

A forum that does not embrace a stylie is flawed.

Offline Mr.Deceptive

• Been here too long
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 20-05-2010, 22:05:59 »

Oh don't be a hypocrite. Honestly, All I hear you do is bitch over problems that really are non of your concern, like how another country governs themself with the lack of knowledge on how to fix it.

It's not bitching when dumb americans come into this country and act like total uneducated twats, then it is my concern.

It is my concern.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 20-05-2010, 22:05:02 »
I read a BBC article about Finland's education not too long ago:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/world_news_america/8601207.stm

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 20-05-2010, 22:05:27 »

Oh don't be a hypocrite. Honestly, All I hear you do is bitch over problems that really are non of your concern, like how another country governs themself with the lack of knowledge on how to fix it.

It's not bitching when dumb americans come into this country and act like total uneducated twats, then it is my concern.

It is my concern.
Lol, how they act like "uneducated twats" can be interpreted many different ways. To me that would mean a loud, disrespectful, rude, ignorant, foul, arrogant, idiotic punk with completely repulsive clothes. To you, that might mean someone who carries their bible with them and has some form of disipline and respect. So this could be a matter of opinion and freedom.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 20-05-2010, 22:05:32 »
Pfft who cares if people are religious, there are lots of reasons to be. But putting religion before science is plain stupid imo.

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 20-05-2010, 22:05:15 »
True, but by far not as stupid as seeing some sort of communism going on in Europe.
I for my part could not care less what the amis do in their country, I only care for what they do in other countries.

Offline Mr.Deceptive

• Been here too long
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 20-05-2010, 22:05:38 »

It is my concern.
Lol, how they act like "uneducated twats" can be interpreted many different ways. To me that would mean a loud, disrespectful, rude, ignorant, foul, arrogant, idiotic punk with completely repulsive clothes. To you, that might mean someone who carries their bible with them and has some form of disipline and respect. So this could be a matter of opinion and freedom.

Yes. If you believe in God you ARE an uneducated twat.

Around where I live, it is commonplace to consider this to be true. Largely educated population here.
« Last Edit: 20-05-2010, 22:05:54 by Mr.Deceptive »

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #73 on: 20-05-2010, 22:05:55 »
I've met plenty of Religious people that I can say are intelligent.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 20-05-2010, 23:05:08 »
And if you say somebody is intelligent it must be true...  ;D I agree though.