Author Topic: Problems With America?  (Read 6931 times)

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
Re: Problems With America?
« Reply #121 on: 22-05-2010, 02:05:36 »
U.S gun laws, it's just, no... Why would you need, let's say, and MG42 to defend you and your family, or a god damn assault rifle? Well, that's all I have to say right now. I'm not pointing this at all Americans.

EDIT: I'm aiming this towards the people who buy these weapons only for the sake of security, not those who just use them for hunting, reenactments etc.
Oh no, please tell me you didn't go there. I say there is a problem with the gun laws, except they shouldn't be more enforced, but instead, less. The Constitution doesn't say the people can own firearms for hunting and pinking around, it's to protect themselves from tryanny and to mak esure the government doesn't become to powerfl, so they are able to remain in control. This being said, it should be their right, to own any weapon that the government can use, including AT4 Rocket Launchers if they desire, M249 SAWS, Scars, Augs, anything...even .50 Cal anti-material rifles should be legal.

I have always viewed this more as a way to keep a citizen force ready to aid the government and protect the nation... a well regulated one... not a bunch of fatso hillbillies armed with rocket launchers claiming that they need to "protect themselves from the government."  With weapons like that they're more likely to kill themselves anyway.
Lol, besides what has already been said. Sporting events are actually more violent than any gun rally or shooting range, or military enthusiac gatherings which have hundreds of loaded and firable guns. So I have to disagree with your statement that, "they will kill themselves anyways"...pretty much an false statement based on the typical "hillbilly" stereotype straight from Hollywood.

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 22-05-2010, 02:05:47 »
Then again, that was back when the Jeffersonians didn't trust the military at all and didn't want one.  So why have the militia now that you have an army?

There are numerous advantages to having civilians legally owning weapons. The ones that spring to mind are the reduction in crime (because people can protect themselves from criminals, in America towns and houses are more spread out and the police usually don't arrive at a crime scene until after the criminals have left due to the amount of distance they have to travel), plus the fact that people with prior shooting experience need less training in marksmanship when they enter the military. Also, the original national security goal is still valid - although guerrilla war against a foreign invader is unlikely, an armed citizenry can still protect itself from foreign threats of the type we face today such as Mexican drug cartels or terrorist cells.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 22-05-2010, 02:05:57 »
As Megaraptor said, the mexican drug wars, etc. 
The drug wars along the border have been going on since 2006, with roughly 100 murders along the border everyday due to drugwars and such.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3