Author Topic: Problems With America?  (Read 6935 times)

Offline FlyGuy45

• View Profile
Problems With America?
« on: 20-05-2010, 02:05:18 »
So, I am doing a project for school and the prompt is "What can your generation do for America?" So, I figured why not ask both Americans and Europeans. All I ask is for people to act in a civilized manor, and to please be as specific as possible. I would also like to know where you live. Before I can find solution, I need to see the problems.

Edit: Since flaming is probably going to occur, try to avoid touching the "Quote" button.

Edit II: I am curious to see what Europeans think in order to see if they hate America, and if so why.  One of my ideas was going to be about how we've kind of isolated ourselves from Europe and how we go off an play the Good Guys rather often.
« Last Edit: 20-05-2010, 03:05:02 by FlyGuy45 »

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
Re: Problems With America?
« Reply #1 on: 20-05-2010, 02:05:12 »
The Education System.

Offline FlyGuy45

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-05-2010, 02:05:35 »
The Education System.

please be as specific as possible

Please and thanks!

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-05-2010, 02:05:30 »
The Education System.
That isn't specific. I would note that we need to begin teaching students things earlier. I know African immigrants who learned Algebra before we did, and we supposedly live in a 1st world country, while they live in a 3rd world one.

Also, we have "Enriched classes", but you really don't learn much extra, and the only reason people don't take them as much is o save themselves from work. These classes should really be the standard, not the high standard, which to me should be the next level of _______class.

I live in Central Ohio.

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20-05-2010, 02:05:07 »
I would like to add a couple of years on to high school.

Offline Mr.Deceptive

• Been here too long
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20-05-2010, 02:05:55 »
- Abolish laws based on religion to be passed
- Fix your education system
- Make it so people who can not pass an IQ test with high scores are unable to breed, make it illegal.
- Abolish restaurants and eateries that do not pass health food requirements

With smart people breeding smart people, passing laws based on reason and intelligence your country will flourish.

- Canadian, 20 years old.
There's no difference between being holy and alone

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20-05-2010, 02:05:33 »
This thread will not end well.  I'm donning the flame-proof suit.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20-05-2010, 02:05:36 »
Stop caring about what Europeans might think.

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20-05-2010, 03:05:40 »
FFFUUUUU!!!

Anyways, I would love to give you advice...however I don't know where to start. Any main topics you want to cover?

Offline Mr.Deceptive

• Been here too long
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20-05-2010, 03:05:45 »
Yeah don't know why you would care what Europeans think.

France and England created America and Canada. I don't see why they should care what we do over here, except to laugh at our stupidity. *sigh*

Offline FlyGuy45

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20-05-2010, 03:05:33 »
FFFUUUUU!!!

Anyways, I would love to give you advice...however I don't know where to start. Any main topics you want to cover?

Something besides the economy/energy crisis would be nice. I would like some different ideas, if you don't mind.

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20-05-2010, 03:05:53 »
Well, there is corruption in the government...erm...the stripping of our rights, there are many conspiracy theories (vital ones) that could link the United States and the World in one major crisis. I might be able to elaborate further tomarrow, at the moment I need to retire to my bed.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20-05-2010, 03:05:41 »
I believe most europeans would never ask themselves what they could do for their country or europe. They'd probably say 'ok, I'll do that 1 year military service, but then we're even from now until eternity!' Maybe some people would spend money to the city they live in. Or they would act as patron for arts or spend food for the poor. But those are rather acts for common welfare in a society. Nothing explicitely for the state. If people care goddamned much, they might become politicians. But even then rather for the sake of the community, not for the state.

At least for me the "state" itself is meaningless. Though culture, people, fauna and flora and even traditions may matter for me. But the state is an exchangeable construction above to form or strenghten a common identity among people.

I guess we have to define "America" first. What did they mean in that promt? What is America for you? Its people? The government? The pure soil? Wildlife included or excluded? All these things together? Where does 'America' end? At the Mexican border? Does it exclude some people (Aliens)? Maybe its totally clear for you, but for me as a european that is a bit vague to answer. Edit:// If I serve illegal mexicans with free food, am I doing something good for 'America'?

Maybe that will give you some questions to clarify. And maybe the clarification of the question "What does the term 'America' mean for you (and your people in your school)?" is already an interesting process with many different opinions drawing a mixed picture. Depending on the dimensions of the project this question might keep you busy for a while. Accordingly this could already be the task or a big part of the task itself suitable as a schoolproject. Especially if you want to present results of an survey that you have to finish off within a certain timeframe.

I hope this might help.
« Last Edit: 20-05-2010, 03:05:39 by Dukat »

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20-05-2010, 03:05:19 »
- Abolish laws based on religion to be passed
- Fix your education system
- Make it so people who can not pass an IQ test with high scores are unable to breed, make it illegal.
- Abolish restaurants and eateries that do not pass health food requirements

With smart people breeding smart people, passing laws based on reason and intelligence your country will flourish.

- Canadian, 20 years old.

This.

Religious laws need to stay in church, not in government areas. Seperation of Government and Religion is vital.

Education is horrible, living in California where there is essentially no budget for education allows for fewer rescources for teachers and schools. Teachers should also be screened and psycologically evaluated before allowed on the job. I have a nutcase teacher who carries a kitchen knife in her purse, randomly withdraws grades from entire classes, and threatens students.

3. Yes, please. Idiots should be sterilized or something cause god I am tired of idiots.

4.Half the people in my physical education class are fat. I am one of 3 people considered skinny, I being the only one considered anorexic.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Mr.Deceptive

• Been here too long
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20-05-2010, 04:05:36 »

4.Half the people in my physical education class are fat. I am one of 3 people considered skinny, I being the only one considered anorexic.

Same. I'm a healthy weight for my age, but considered skinny compared to the disgusting beasts of America.
It's retarded that clogged arteries compared to a fit body is considered natural, and that physical perversion is permitted to continue all over this continent.