Author Topic: Review the latest movie you have seen  (Read 180218 times)

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Review the latest movie you have seen
« Reply #540 on: 25-03-2010, 19:03:59 »
"the british version"? is there any other version worthy to be mentioned by its name? ;)
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 25-03-2010, 23:03:22 »
Paris, je t’aime

This is a movie from 2006, splitted into 18 episodes, all to be sat in Paris. More or less each episode illustrates different encounters of love between 2 or more people. It shows so well that there is just more than one way to express and to live love in life, though sometimes presented in a very abstract manner. However, I would have been happy if I could have seen this movie already 15 years ago, as it can be a real eye-opener.

I'd rate it 10/10
Oh God the vampire bit with Shia Lebouef was odd.

Offline [130.Pz]I.Kluge

• Better ask twice than lose yourself once.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 26-03-2010, 23:03:03 »
Right America Feeling Wronged

4/5

Alexandra C. Pelosi (Daughter of Nancy Pelosi  ) followed the McCain presidential campaign. At the beginning I could understand why supported him. But as it progressed it got crazy and dumb(also racist). There's one moment were it hits back at you, and really shows how US society has changed.

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 27-03-2010, 11:03:07 »
Saw Indigenes ("Days Of Glory") last night. It's a french movie about the involvement of North African "subjects" in the french army during WWII. Really good. Maybe not an all out warmovie like Private Ryan or something, but it takes the viewer to interesting locations like Italy, the Elzas, Vogezen, etc. and the topic itself is interesting enough to warrant a viewing. Plus, a couple of cool nerdy details like a two man MG42 squad  with one guy holding up the barrel, and the other one firing. There's probably a cool german name for that tactic, but I don't know it.  :)

The heart of the movie is about this:
"In 1959, a law was passed to freeze the pensions of infantrymen from former French colonies about to become independent. In 2002, after endless hearings, the French government was ordered to pay the pensions in full. But successive governments have pushed back this payment."

FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #544 on: 27-03-2010, 11:03:42 »
Top Gun

Me and this girl who are dating ATM once hooked up during a 80's theme party so we thought it would be fun to watch this epic 80's flick

This movie is not for the weak

This movie has too much of everything so I'll just post some quotes

"I feel the need. The need for SPEED!"

"Your ego writes checks your body can't cash"

"Up there. You're dangerous"

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUtbbaF3S0Y

I had fun watching it. It's one big 80's flashback with Tom Cruise as well as a recruiting video for the US Navy

Still, it has some great moments today that maybe weren't there back in '86 but still

Corny but charming in book

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 27-03-2010, 14:03:44 »
Saw Indigenes ("Days Of Glory") last night. It's a french movie about the involvement of North African "subjects" in the french army during WWII. Really good. Maybe not an all out warmovie like Private Ryan or something, but it takes the viewer to interesting locations like Italy, the Elzas, Vogezen, etc. and the topic itself is interesting enough to warrant a viewing. Plus, a couple of cool nerdy details like a two man MG42 squad  with one guy holding up the barrel, and the other one firing. There's probably a cool german name for that tactic, but I don't know it.  :)

The heart of the movie is about this:
"In 1959, a law was passed to freeze the pensions of infantrymen from former French colonies about to become independent. In 2002, after endless hearings, the French government was ordered to pay the pensions in full. But successive governments have pushed back this payment."

I absolutely love that film.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #546 on: 01-04-2010, 23:04:34 »
Aviator
- I got so pumped watching the Iron Man 2 trailer I decided to see this movie once again since Tony Stark is a weak fictional copy of Howard Hughes.

This movie has the looks of a ten out of ten. But the rest is not higher then a seven.

I wish Scorsese had gone for the whole picture, instead he puts to much focus on Hughes success in aviation and decides to end the movie after the flight of his Hercules.

Anyhow, a good movie and also a real beauty to just watch. Cate Blanchett is amazing and Kate Blanchett is too perfect as Ava Gardner.

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 02-04-2010, 02:04:23 »
"and Kate Blanchett is too perfect as Ava Gardner."

You mean Beckinsale, right?  ;)

But you're right. The movie is far from perfect, but I have a strange fascination with it. :)
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 02-04-2010, 08:04:58 »
I think she was acting as Katherine Hurburn from Guess who's coming to Dinner... Not Ava Gardner

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #549 on: 02-04-2010, 08:04:55 »
Yep, my bad.

Kate Beckinsale was the correct name for playing Ava, my bad.

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: 02-04-2010, 16:04:59 »
Final Destination.

...wtf.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #551 on: 02-04-2010, 16:04:59 »
Final Destination.

...wtf.

Perfect hangover movies

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 03-04-2010, 02:04:59 »
I can't do horrors.. delicate constitution - Thrillers yes, horror movies, no.. last one I saw was the Ring and I swore not to see another.. Until I went and watched Mirrors and recalled why I quit

Offline SJonni

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 03-04-2010, 03:04:18 »
Kick Ass

Go watch it. It was, well, kick ass.

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 03-04-2010, 07:04:09 »
The Ring is definitely a thriller before it is a horror...