Author Topic: Why Italy  (Read 5569 times)

Offline Timmay9/11

• Toff Opic
    • View Profile
Why Italy
« on: 09-01-2010, 23:01:13 »

I’m just wondering why so many of you guys are so fancy about the Italians?

They had the worst equipment of every major nation witch was involved in the war.
The Carcano had a Calibre witch was not up to date (yea I know, JFKs Head does not think so…) The standard Grenade looks like a new woman magnetic Axe Spray.
The tanks where ridicules outdated and I really respect the Italian tank crews to be so brave (or stupid?) and ride whit these tin coffins into battle. Machineguns with cartridges of 20 bullets? What where they thinking they are using these guns for? Planes like the Fiat G50 or even the Breda Ba.88 disaster construction….
Not to mention the really old fashioned military doctrines they used…

Well, I like the Italians

They god these damn feather helmets, the design of there tanks just appeals to my eyes and a lot of there planes just look so sweet.  Especially the SM 79 is one of my favourite tri engine planes, like it even more than the good old Ju 52

http://warbirds-online.org/images/PictureOfTheDaySaturday_1046D/SavoiaMarchettiSM79b.jpg

In my case it has a lot to do with the fact that I just like armies that didn’t make it.
I prefer the Northern States Army. I  Like Punic infantry of Catharge more than the Roman Army. Same for Nationalist Chinese Army during the Chinese Civil war and so on and so on ...
There is only one thing I’m afraid of,  Nazi Zombies!!!
And remember Kids, never say these words on a nazi graveyard
ia ia cthulhu fhtagn ia ia nazi zombie fhtang

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Why Italy
« Reply #1 on: 10-01-2010, 00:01:59 »
Their hats, and their pistols

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10-01-2010, 00:01:02 »
Hats.  Plus I always go for the underdog, unless they are the Americans.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10-01-2010, 00:01:50 »

Do I have to say more?

It's most likely the fact that italy is *never* displayed in ww2 themed games. So they feel unique and different when they finally are even in the level as in FH2. They could be a lot better in FH2 tho. More equipment and maps. :)

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10-01-2010, 00:01:33 »

I’m just wondering why so many of you guys are so fancy about the Italians?

They had the worst equipment of every major nation witch was involved in the war.
The Carcano had a Calibre witch was not up to date (yea I know, JFKs Head does not think so…) The standard Grenade looks like a new woman magnetic Axe Spray.
The tanks where ridicules outdated and I really respect the Italian tank crews to be so brave (or stupid?) and ride whit these tin coffins into battle. Machineguns with cartridges of 20 bullets? What where they thinking they are using these guns for? Planes like the Fiat G50 or even the Breda Ba.88 disaster construction….
Not to mention the really old fashioned military doctrines they used…

Well, I like the Italians

They god these damn feather helmets, the design of there tanks just appeals to my eyes and a lot of there planes just look so sweet.  Especially the SM 79 is one of my favourite tri engine planes, like it even more than the good old Ju 52

http://warbirds-online.org/images/PictureOfTheDaySaturday_1046D/SavoiaMarchettiSM79b.jpg

In my case it has a lot to do with the fact that I just like armies that didn’t make it.
I prefer the Northern States Army. I  Like Punic infantry of Catharge more than the Roman Army. Same for Nationalist Chinese Army during the Chinese Civil war and so on and so on ...

Really in my opinion, their grenades are very useful, and they have the best SMG in many ways in FH2

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10-01-2010, 00:01:49 »
Just wait 'till they get the later Semovente series, if they ever do.
Some of those packed quite a punch.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10-01-2010, 00:01:13 »
Yes, the italians had some of the worst equipment, but unfortunately, FH can't realy represent weapon jams, so the Carcano and the Breda soldier on and become instantly fun.  The Breda also has that amazing reload animation, the Carcano for some reason I am a great shot with, they have one of the best SMGs in the game...they're just FUN.  Their tanks while shitty are so damn cute and fun, and Siege of Giarabub is one of the best maps in the game.  So yeah...the italians rule, and I hope in the future to see more maps with them in 1940 Africa, and maybe Greece :D

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10-01-2010, 02:01:51 »
 i <3 the Carro Armato.

Really Italy is my fav faction in the game, wait till the P40 Carro Pasante and the late semoventes get in the game.
« Last Edit: 10-01-2010, 05:01:55 by torenico »

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10-01-2010, 05:01:30 »
Oh i want to see Italians more, perhaps in Sicilian and Italian theatre! Anzio, Gothic line-Monte Cassino, Operation Husky, etc etc i like it!

The Italian 'Bomba a mano' grenade is fun to use, as it explodes on impact (at least in FH2, i dunno about the real thing). Besides, they have historically inferior equipment, except the Beretta SMG, so it is fun toying with them in game.

Some of the very best maps of FH2 maps have Italians in it, Bardia has one of the most balanced and the most fun gameplay. Giarabub, being very realistic rendition of the real battle site, has the classic siege feeling and very fun!

We love underdogs that rarely portrayed in mainstream games, e.g. French armies, Polish, Finnish, Nationalist Chinese, Commonwealth troops. They have interesting equipment that many other wannabe pr0 WW2-gaming enthusiast straight out of off-the-shelf games look n00b.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10-01-2010, 05:01:36 »
Actually i have seen the Italians losing alot on Giarabub, we cant let Il Duce know this.

Seriusly, with the addition of New Zealand, someone can do a Greece map, screw Euro skins!

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10-01-2010, 06:01:33 »
The Italian 'Bomba a mano' grenade is fun to use, as it explodes on impact (at least in FH2, i dunno about the real thing).

Yes, it was, irl, a percussion fuzed grenade.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10-01-2010, 06:01:53 »
I also believe that it was rather dangerous to handle and not very well liked, though I guess it is Italian.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10-01-2010, 06:01:57 »
It was fine to handle unless it had been thrown, thus arming the fuze.  If it didn't go off, which was common, even the slightest knock could set it off.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10-01-2010, 06:01:20 »
My only grief about that grenade is that it explodes on impact, make it very difficult to clear enemies hiding in cover. With regular-fused grenades, i could throw it against the wall, bounce the nade into the enemies' position.

Another thing that lacked from Italian is that, the Carcano doesn't have the grenade launcher like every other country's rifle in FH2. Never the less, i liked Carcano, it's sound and animation in FH2 is just good for me.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10-01-2010, 07:01:45 »
My only grief about that grenade is that it explodes on impact, make it very difficult to clear enemies hiding in cover. With regular-fused grenades, i could throw it against the wall, bounce the nade into the enemies' position.

Another thing that lacked from Italian is that, the Carcano doesn't have the grenade launcher like every other country's rifle in FH2. Never the less, i liked Carcano, it's sound and animation in FH2 is just good for me.
I actually prefer the grenade, because it's a scare weapon and also a good last resort if you know you are to die. For example you're about to die and people are right next to you throw to hit ground for boom :P