Author Topic: FH2- Must run FH2 from FH2.exe not Bf2.exe (Steam)  (Read 3725 times)

Offline charlievrw

• View Profile
Alright so when ever i run FH2 a screen pops up and tells me that i must run FH2 using FH2.exe and not BF2.exe or something along those lines...I reinstalled a few times and didnt change where to install them (like the forum says) Only problem I can think of is that I use steam because it says Steam BF2 cant use mods somewhere on the FH2 forums but I can run any other mod just fine? Is there a fix if not I say Fh2 developers should fix it

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: FH2- Must run FH2 from FH2.exe not Bf2.exe (Steam)
« Reply #1 on: 08-05-2010, 21:05:09 »
Oh, FH2 should fix BF2's faults? Ok.
Oh wait, they can't mess with hard coded BF2/Steam files.

There is a workaround though:
now what you need to do is a bit "complicated" but ive done it a few times and it works.

here is what you need to do:
install bf2 via steam
run the game once
create a gamespy account
load any map in bf2 (online or offline)
make your config
install FH2
now comes the tricky part.
make a backup (rename) of the shader_client.zip file in the steam/.../Battlefield 2/mods/bf2 folder
now copy the shader_client.zip form the battlefield2/mods/fh2 folder into the Battlefield 2/mods/bf2 folder. (this is basically what the FH2.exe does but the steam version cant run & handle this so you have to do this manually)

now the following is HOW TO START FH2 on STEAM (you need to do this every time until we find a better way)
now start BF2 via steam > open the community menu > select custom games an start FH2.
Bf2 will restart with FH2 running. now you can join the servers and the shader issues should be solved.

IF you ever want to play BF2 or any other mod besides FH2 you have to restore the original shader_client.zip file in the steam/.../battlefield2/mods/bf2 folder. !!!

good luck and report back ;)
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline charlievrw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-05-2010, 22:05:18 »
Didnt mean to come off like that, What i meant is that if other Mods could fix the problem couldnt FH?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-05-2010, 23:05:00 »
Didnt mean to come off like that, What i meant is that if other Mods could fix the problem couldnt FH?

The devs could fix it, but then we'd have to forget about all the shaders and that would be a bummer.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off