Author Topic: FH2.45 Feedback  (Read 23712 times)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: FH2.45 Feedback
« Reply #75 on: 16-07-2012, 08:07:47 »
@Professor Anthrax; I implemented all of the k.o.t.h. modes on the maps. I actually never had time to test Giarabub-16 that much, but remember trying to find a good / balanced flag location around the mosque.
It was very hard to make it equal for both teams around that place due to the layout, entrances, cover etc.

However, I don't mind taking another look at it, could be that it fits better for the koth mode :) As a thumbrule I always try to place the k.o.t.h. flag in the most important / special place on the maps, but in my mind, the entire fort of Giarabub is special, so I felt it didn't matter where the flag was, as long as it provided equal fun for both teams. I could take another look at the mosque and see if the k.o.t.h flag fits better in there.
thx for the feedback!

Offline tekktekk

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 16-07-2012, 09:07:23 »
Hello everyone.
I'm an administrator of "=FP= FH2 Japan" server.
Yesterday, we played 16layer maps on my server.
I would like to give the feedback that we played. But my English is bad :P
Although this sentence may be hard to read, and hope you will have a look.

About gameplay of "K.O.T.H"

This mode is truly nice. It gives us extreme infantry combat and a lot of teamwork.
But I felt that there is a problem related to infantry equipments.
For example, "Explosives" such as S-mine and antitank nades.
16layer maps have same "Init setting" as 64layers. So Recon and Anti-tank have two or more powerful explosives.
In K.O.T.H, players must approach to a flag. But these explosives can easily interfere with them.
In addition to that, explosives often cause terrible teamkill.
So these should be reduced or removed in KOTH.
I think Devs should consider to create the dedicated 16layer init settings for KOTH.

Thanks reading :)
« Last Edit: 16-07-2012, 09:07:34 by tekktekk »

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 16-07-2012, 09:07:34 »
Sibi is a map i highly dislike. The allies need some serious firepower here because atm its impossible to kill the tiger tank. The map is to narrow wich allows no flanking after sibi is captured. The flak 88 defenses at the flag near allied mainbase are way to powerfull aswel
I like the map from what little I've played of it, but I agree on the fixed 88s outside of the flags -- they are too powerful. I remember the Americans got pushed back to the point where they only had their uncap left, and I was getting sniped literally IN spawn with 88s at the other capzones. It was literally spawn camping ... so that at the very least needs to be fixed.

Morning,

this was also my first issue when testing the map, but it soon faded, as people learned the tricks to get past those guns. There are 2 good ways in dealing with the 88s. 1. Bomb them to hell, or 2. use a spotter and make them cry with arty. After that it's safe for the tanks to move in. They can't hit the spawn, but will get your tank in the open when you head straight for the flag. Try flanking north or creep along the south side of the corridor, the bush-work there helps to conceal your tank/jeep.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 16-07-2012, 09:07:49 »
@Professor Anthrax; I implemented all of the k.o.t.h. modes on the maps. I actually never had time to test Giarabub-16 that much, but remember trying to find a good / balanced flag location around the mosque.
It was very hard to make it equal for both teams around that place due to the layout, entrances, cover etc.

However, I don't mind taking another look at it, could be that it fits better for the koth mode :) As a thumbrule I always try to place the k.o.t.h. flag in the most important / special place on the maps, but in my mind, the entire fort of Giarabub is special, so I felt it didn't matter where the flag was, as long as it provided equal fun for both teams. I could take another look at the mosque and see if the k.o.t.h flag fits better in there.
thx for the feedback!

For what it's worth, I echo Professor Anthrax's statements. Played Giarabub 16 as it was nearly every Thursday and Friday night the past six months and not once did I ever wish anything was different.

..but at the same time I think everything else in 2.45 is God damn amazing :D.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline LtnGeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 16-07-2012, 15:07:14 »
I really like the new patch even though I didn't have much time to play yet.
But there are a few remarks I have to make:

Sidi bou zid
Awsome map, the m3 lee is nice but the shermans are good too on the map. As soon as a tiger goes into any flagzone it can be bait for the shermans/m3 lee's. It aint that hard to kill the axis tanks.

But there are a few bugs on it.  Today we played it on HSLAN and we only had sidi and kern flags left. Axis had sidi and attacked kern and were graying it. At the same time the allies were fighting around sidi and greyed that. At that moment the red crosses appeared over every flag and nobody could attack them anymore (people probably didn't bother because the round had ended, but it is strange

Stuka bombs
What is up with this? I know 50kg bombs aren't that powerfull, but I hit crusader III's straight on with these bombs and they kept flying throught? Also the way the bombs "fly" has been changed it seems?

Giarabub 16
With this I have to agree with Anthrax, yesterday we played a lot of KOTH maps in a row and we loved a lot of them. (played anctoville for a long time before switching because of the broken code). Played vossenack wich was awesome as well as mount olympus. But Giarabub wasn't fun at all, you leave a lot of the map out of the action. Please get the OLD setup back for this map.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 16-07-2012, 15:07:07 »
Sidi bou zid
But there are a few bugs on it.  Today we played it on HSLAN and we only had sidi and kern flags left. Axis had sidi and attacked kern and were graying it. At the same time the allies were fighting around sidi and greyed that. At that moment the red crosses appeared over every flag and nobody could attack them anymore (people probably didn't bother because the round had ended, but it is strange
This is only an error on the minimap display. Germans could capture Sidi and allies could capture Kern.

Offline AdamPA1006

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 16-07-2012, 18:07:15 »
I got something new I like that I havent seen mentioned, new bullet impact dust up and bullet holes. I dont know if its realistic or not, but its cool to fire at a building from a good distance away and see your bullets actually hit it with the puff up.

Offline E-Wadda

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 16-07-2012, 21:07:27 »
I'm going to suggest keeping the stamina meter gone. For one, as I noted on another thread, it was never realistic to think that a WWII soldier could only run for 30 seconds before he had to find some tall brush to take a nap in. Also, some have suggested that now it's unrealistic because it's like you can "sprint" forever, but the devs also reduced the running speed, so before it was more like you could "sprint" for 30 seconds and now it's like you can "jog" forever. I think this was a good call by the devs.

I have noted a few people saying getting rid of stamina makes the maps feel too small, but I think that is more of a map-making issue. Plus, if anything, the maps tend to be a bit on the large side for 64 players (e.g., Hurtgen), so smaller-feeling maps may not be such a bad thing.

Really the only drawback to getting rid of stamina in my mind is bunny hopping. However, I really don't think bunny hopping actually helps keep you alive in FH2. Also, if people decide bunny hopping is taking too much away from the beauty that is FH2, I would propose that it be handled by server rules, much like TKing or wasting assets. Frankly, I think it would be a relatively easy server rule to police, if it came to that. It's easy to take a screen of a hopper, plus, hoppers tend to hop and draw attention (often aka bullets) to themselves pretty much all the time, so I think in many cases admins in the game could spot and kick hoppers without the need for reporting or sifting through finger-pointing BS.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: 16-07-2012, 21:07:03 by E-Wadda »

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 16-07-2012, 21:07:20 »
Objective-based gamemodes are FUN FUN FUN (not Dwarf Fortress %FUN%, mind you). Too bad the map display is bugged: destroyed objects might remain or even reappear on the map, confusing people.

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 16-07-2012, 21:07:03 »
Objective-based gamemodes are FUN FUN FUN (not Dwarf Fortress %FUN%, mind you). Too bad the map display is bugged: destroyed objects might remain or even reappear on the map, confusing people.

^^This

The mapbug seems to happen on Anctoville only, since we had no problems on Op. Hyacinth.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 16-07-2012, 22:07:27 »
Stuka bombs
Also the way the bombs "fly" has been changed it seems?
Now that you mention it, I've noticed this as well. I used to love the way the bombs 'wobbled' on their way down to an unsuspecting tank

Offline E-Wadda

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 16-07-2012, 22:07:35 »
Btw, I would like to say thank you to all the devs and beta-testers. This release is friggin awesome!

Each of the 3 new maps is very unique IMO:

The Keren mountain fortress feels a lot like Crete, but with earthier colors that make the enemy stand out less. You also have to really know what you're doing to operate a M11/39 or Cannone da 47/32 M35 effectively. I also like how the Brits get cocky after they cap the first 2 flags so easily, only to charge right into a formidable second line of defense. Throw in that Hawker Hardy buzzing around overhead, and this map is almost perfect.

The vegetation on Sidi Bou Zid makes for a totally different type of desert tank warfare. Concealment plays a big role. It's a lot different from the Alameins and Supercharges where you don't sit up on top of dunes, don't expose your flanks, run like Hell if you see a F2, and otherwise just fire, retreat, repair, repeat.

At first, I thought St. Vith would play like Anctoville, which is not one of my favs, but I was wrong. Even though it's a urban map, I would rather call it an rural urban map because terrain plays a much bigger defensive role in SV. There are some well-thought-out natural defensive lines, most of which I am still feeling out. Frankly, I think the terrain east of Wiesenbach...well, I'll just say I am in awe of any Axis squad that can cap that flag.

Also, the new HUD is awesome, especially the degree marks on the compass. They actually come in quite handy for squad communications. I applaud the removal of stamina as well.

My only gripe so far is the HE explosion animation seems to have been changed and is now very transparent, if that makes sense. It looks silly when I can see through an explosion.
« Last Edit: 16-07-2012, 22:07:06 by E-Wadda »

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 16-07-2012, 22:07:44 »
Many good things in this patch. I don't see why people say the M1 Thompson sounds worse, I think the opposite, it sounds much more mechanical, like it should.

Things in this patch that aren't so good: Breda 20 mm sights are off, the gun shoots below the crosshair at close ranges. Anctoville objective mode is/was bugged. New objectives spawn alright, but old destroyed objectives stick around on the map, confusing people. It was worse yesterday though, when the new objectives didn't even spawn. Thompson 1928 A1 kill message looks weird, shouldn't it be Thompson M1928A1?

Everything else is just pure awesome!

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 16-07-2012, 23:07:00 »
Shoot below crosshair should be quite correct, since the gunsight is, IIRC, slightly higher than the gun barrel.

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 16-07-2012, 23:07:42 »
That is correct.