Author Topic: The Minor Suggestions Thread  (Read 65376 times)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: The Minor Suggestions Thread
« Reply #105 on: 26-04-2013, 20:04:59 »
To complain about maps  which weren´t designed for 64+ players is a bit strange. Some maps (town maps) are really not designed (btw. atm is not one single map designed for that) for that amount of players. Why still wondering about the issues on them?

This, most maps weren't designed for over 64 and since 762 almost exclusively plays 128 server lately its hard to judge any map.

Iirc the Devs made a statement on the front page at one point that hinted that they we're taking the new 128 player size into account in the future. I haven't heard anything on the issue since then tho

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 27-04-2013, 01:04:33 »
Seriously? From which version are you talking?
Purple Heart Lane allied biased? Most of the rounds win axis teams.

Yeah, my mistake, I meant it's impossible to win for the attacking team, so Americans!

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 27-04-2013, 11:04:19 »
Yes that was a colossal mistake. The wrench was sacrificed to get more slots for weapons you could have as pickup kits anyway.
Does that mean we will get wrenches in the next patch?

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 27-04-2013, 20:04:55 »
With the addition of the Carro Armato M11/39 the past patch, we finally have an Italian gun with real sights, rather than the generic V. Can these sights be added to the other Italian guns with generic sights (i.e. 47mm anti-tank gun + Carro Armato M13/40)?
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 28-04-2013, 19:04:22 »
How about vehicle headlights like in Georgian Conflict mod?

Video:

http://www.xfire.com/video/2c6926

Looks pretty cool and is really innovative IMO.  8)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 28-04-2013, 20:04:33 »
How about vehicle headlights like in Georgian Conflict mod?

Video:

http://www.xfire.com/video/2c6926

Looks pretty cool and is really innovative IMO.  8)

Cool, but pretty pointless... It's like telling everyone "SHOOT HERE PLOX!"

The only way I see this working is if there were REALLY dark maps, and even then people would rather up their brightness than turn them on... Or if you could blind people by turning them on, but that would be just annoying...

And let's not forget the searchlights on Hyacinth... We all know how much lag dynamic lights cause...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 28-04-2013, 21:04:52 »
The idea is good, but I can see some noobs turning them on then letting the enemy know that they are coming. :-\

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 29-04-2013, 00:04:04 »
I'll bring back this one:

Give SMGs at least some suppression power (even if it's just a small half a metre radius)... It's ridiculous that I shoot at a guy hiding behind a wall 25 m in front of me, and he just pops out with his rifle and places a bullet between my ears without a twitch. Has he no fear of death?  >:(
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 29-04-2013, 18:04:06 »

Give SMGs at least some suppression power (even if it's just a small half a metre radius)... It's ridiculous that I shoot at a guy hiding behind a wall 25 m in front of me, and he just pops out with his rifle and places a bullet between my ears without a twitch. Has he no fear of death?  >:(

+1

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 30-04-2013, 03:04:52 »
How about actually making AT guns look like the crew was trying to hid them, instead of placing them out in the open for tanks to easily pick off.  Something more like this.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 30-04-2013, 13:04:05 »

I support this too. I would also like to see a little suppression when the bullet of a rifle whizzes near your position. A well optimized suppression system would be a dream and make suppression fire actually useful wich is almost not existend in this mod - unfortunately.

But let me see, suppression system isn't working for me at all because of broken shaders, so lets move on  :(

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 01-05-2013, 17:05:01 »
 i like the idea of camouflage for AT guns,

something as simple as using the arrow keys to deploy a pop-up generic camo netting, ie: desert cam for Africa maps and foliage pattern for all other maps. (not entirely realistic I know but certainly within the realm of possibility)

edit: sp.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 01-05-2013, 18:05:17 »
i like the idea of camouflage for AT guns,

something as simple as using the arrow keys to deploy a pop-up generic camo netting, ie: desert cam for Africa maps and foliage pattern for all other maps. (not entirely realistic I know but certainly within the realm of possibility)

edit: sp.
The guns also need to be "dug in" Right now the sand bags and other items barely cover anything.  It should be high enough so that the barrel just clears them.  Atleast make it a challenge for tankers.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 01-05-2013, 19:05:14 »
Some of the AT-guns on North Africa maps are dug in already. Examples for this are the 88s on that desert airfield map and the Pak38 on El Alamein at Kidney ridge.

The problem I see with AT-guns being dug in behind sandbags though is the unnatural power of said sandbags. HE rounds explode at the sandbag causing no damabe behind them at all. In FH2 this would mean an impenetrable shield for the AT-guns.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 01-05-2013, 19:05:28 »

and they weren't always that concealed
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.