Author Topic: Adding "Riders" to other vehicles...  (Read 390 times)

Offline Andromahkos

• View Profile
Adding "Riders" to other vehicles...
« on: 15-08-2012, 07:08:35 »
I would like to add riders to other vehicles that otherwise might not have them.

Specifically I am thinking about adding some riders to the M3A1 Stuart series, and maybe more riders to the cruiser tanks and other smaller vehicles.

I didnt think much about this until I saw the number of riders on the Carro 11/39, and i figured, why couldnt we add riders to the smaller tanks, especially since it seems the TankRiders are coded under a common file and then their actual placement is taken care of with coordinates under the Vehicle tweak file.

How is this done?  Is this done in Max? or with a part of BFTools?  Please let me know,

Thanks

Offline Cheesus Krighst

• Zi's Iz mein Flammenwerfer! And it Werfs Flammen!
    • View Profile
Re: Adding "Riders" to other vehicles...
« Reply #1 on: 15-08-2012, 08:08:29 »
Riders?..riders...riders... Oh you mean passengers that sit ontop of the tank. Well i guess that's very understandable to do since the 130 p server will eventually be official soon... and CERTAIN players won't hold up the APCs and Trucks for other players asking for a ride.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15-08-2012, 08:08:33 »
Trucks are big, slow deathtraps. Even ontop of a tank your chance of survival is much higher.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-08-2012, 15:08:18 »
I demand at least 8 players on top of every medium tank (Sherman, Cromwell, Panzer III/IV etc.) as those are the most common ones, 4-5 on light tanks (Stuarts, PzKpfw II...) and again about 6-8 seats on heavy tanks (Tiger, KT, Churchills). Especially now, that 64+ players is real and larger squads are going to be part of it, this would not only add a whole lot of immersion to the mod, but I also sense it would heavily support team/squad work. Think a column of tanks full of infantry on top of those tanks advancing to the front.......

Also proper sitting animations (they already are present on some tanks) would be neat, not just have them crouching there doing 360 turns.

Offline Andromahkos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15-08-2012, 21:08:20 »
Yes, I referred to "Riders" because the actual ObjectTemplate designation is "tankRider", of which there are several types correlating with the type of sitting postion they have and the angle of viewing available in first person...

I was mainly wanting to know for SinglePlayer...  I know it can be done, and that its position is just a simple xyz coord on the model, just wanted to know if there was an easier way than just guessing its position by trial and error...  ;D

Just asking if anyone knows how to code that, or I can pm some members on the mod team...

Thanks