Author Topic: Review the latest movie you have seen  (Read 180740 times)

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Review the latest movie you have seen
« Reply #1005 on: 24-02-2011, 13:02:41 »
no actually never even heard of it! but if you say so, i'm definitely gonna give it a go. Personally the Prestige is my favourite Bale film
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: 24-02-2011, 14:02:08 »
My top Bale films. ^^
1. Equilibrium / The Dark Knight
2. The Prestige / The Mechanist
3. Rescue Dawn / American Psycho
« Last Edit: 24-02-2011, 14:02:39 by N24Reporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #1007 on: 24-02-2011, 19:02:30 »
Ah, I love Rescue Dawn and the documentary about the same guy by Werner Herzog is also great, it's called "Little Dieter needs to fly"

I don't know why because it's that I have seen both the movie and the documentary but I think the movie and the doc is great, really something special about both of them.

See it.

Now.

Offline MvB_1988

• View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: 24-02-2011, 20:02:52 »
My top Bale films. ^^
1. Equilibrium / The Dark Knight
2. The Prestige / The Mechanist
3. Rescue Dawn / American Psycho

Watched first 10 min from The Mechanist. Bale looks starved!

Get Low, 2009. A story set in the 1930`s. This movie will you make you laugh and shed a tear. Great acting from Robert Duvall and Bill Murray. Its not your typical Hollywood movie because it has a good storyline, great acting and well thought out dialogues. A Must See.

The Moon is opposing Jupiter. Don't get involved, it's their problem.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: 24-02-2011, 22:02:33 »
Watched first 10 min from The Mechanist. Bale looks starved!

Bale starved himself for the role. It's all authentic. No special effects! :)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #1010 on: 04-03-2011, 19:03:02 »
The Blue Max

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blue_Max
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efc6Y6LCuuc

An American movie with American, German and British actors playing German Pilots during The Great War.

It starts off real nice, a German soldier in the infantry, after two years in the trenches decides to request a transfer to the Air force

In the squadron he's placed he find lots of Prussian officers having trouble with him since he's not from a rich family and so on...

The protagonist starts getting confirmed kills, dating beautiful women and becoming a propaganda icon for Germany.

The first half is great but then it just gets more and more boring.

5 out of 10

Offline MvB_1988

• View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: 05-03-2011, 19:03:00 »
The Joneses, 2009

Great movie. Its about a unusual family moving into a new house en become the center of attention in the neighbourhood. I like David Duchovny`s acting and Amber Heard is sexy as hell!

7 out of 10

Winnebago Man, 2009

I`m at the 10 minutes mark and it is a funny documentary! Diden`t know this excited but i`m glad I know now  :)
The Moon is opposing Jupiter. Don't get involved, it's their problem.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: 05-03-2011, 20:03:50 »
Karate kid (2010)

Remake of the original basically but based on a black kid.Good at some points but did not like it that much.Liked Jackie Chan though.

Basic fact that pissed me off

HE IS ACTUALLY FUCKING LEARNING KUNG FU

10/10 its about kung fu and a fighting movie is always nice
but:
-2 its called Karate kid although its about Kung Fu!
-2 the script was not that original and was predictable at times
-1 just because his father is rich and famous he is acting.Dang unfair world.Not the best of actors ,sometimes losing focus (well maybe I'm being too harsh couldn't expect better from a kid really).

so = 5/10

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: 05-03-2011, 23:03:34 »
Haha, yaeh I noticed the Kung Fu thing. I'm a brown belt and was like "What the f***, thats dragon form, thats not karate"

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: 06-03-2011, 01:03:56 »
Hey i do Kung fu too ! But i only go at the fighting part currently will probably start forms later on ;) "Warm Up of the Eagle" i remember this from a while ago

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: 06-03-2011, 04:03:34 »
Yeah, what belt do you happen to be?
I stopped doing Kung Fu 2-3 years ago, but the reaction speed and spatial awareness really stay with you.
I started to do a little boxing and now I've got a Kung Fu thats half KF/Half Street fighting xD, currently planning on learning some Shindenkan Budo Hakkoryu Jujutsu soon if CAP (Civil Air Patrol), Tata Besting, and Drivers/Aviation licenses don't get in the way   :)

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: 06-03-2011, 12:03:22 »
Haven't gotten any belt as i never was interested in that.Maybe i will go for the first one this year.I know what you mean with the speed and awareness i stopped kung fu four years ago then started again this year.It all comes back as if its bicycle ;)

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: 08-03-2011, 00:03:02 »
Would anybody happen to know the name of a particular cold war movie I'm looking for?

As I roughly remember it, nuclear war goes on but the problem is not the nukes, its a cloud of radiation thats starting to blanket the planet. A submarine commander and his men go to the north pole or something to escape the balnket of readtion.

Any ideas? I remember having stopped watching the movie halfway due to length  ???

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #1018 on: 08-03-2011, 02:03:56 »
Serenity

Watched this right after finishing all 14 episodes of Firefly.  Almost made me cry, It's a shame it didn't get picked up; such a great show.  At least it died with dignity, with the crowd wanting so much more.

10/10

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: 08-03-2011, 11:03:27 »
Would anybody happen to know the name of a particular cold war movie I'm looking for?

As I roughly remember it, nuclear war goes on but the problem is not the nukes, its a cloud of radiation thats starting to blanket the planet. A submarine commander and his men go to the north pole or something to escape the balnket of readtion.

Any ideas? I remember having stopped watching the movie halfway due to length  ???

The submarine/northpole part sounds like Icestation Zebra, but the escaping-the-radiation bit doesn't. :)

Recently watched:

Låt den rätte komma in (Let the right one in) [2009] ****
Finally watched this beautiful movie last week. It's about a boy who gets bullied a lot at school. He spends most of his time alone until he meets the girl that just moved into the house next door. They become friends, but other stuff starts to happen in his neighbourhood as well...
Although this movie is well known already and (hopefully) received tons of awards, I don't want to give anything away to anyone who hasn't seen it yet, so i'll just give it a solid 4/5.

Centurion [2010] ***
The latest from Neil Marshall (Dog Soldiers, Doomsday, The Descent - djeez, he must have thing for the letter D ;)). Saw this one in the cinema a couple of months ago, but watched it again at home recently. It tells one possible tale of the 9th legion of Rome, the famed "lost legion", which mysteriously disappeared in the (now Scottish) highlands.
In this version the 9th gets ambushed, almost completely wiped out and their commander taken prisoner by the Picts of the north. A small group of survivors goes out to try and rescue him. They accidentally kill the Pict-king's son and now have to run for their lives. So it's not really a warmovie then, more of a survival movie. And quite a good one. If you've seen any of Marshall earlier work you now he makes low budget genre-films, but with big budget aspirations. This one is the same. It's nothing more than a big chase, so the story won't suprise you. But it's got a cool gritty/dirty feel to it, and looks gorgeous. Not much well known actors, but The Wire fans will be pleased to see Dominic West as the hardass general and it's got Hitman's hot eurobabe Olga Kurylenko in it.
I was kind of surprised that I liked it better the second time around. Probably because the first time I was expecting a kind of big Roman epic (which this isn't) and the second time I knew what to expect. So the 3 star score is closer to 4 than to 2. ;)

And goddammit, what is it with Serenity/Firefly that the moment it's mentioned somewhere I want to watch it again. Serenity surely must be one of the best Sci-fi movies ever. To me, it's right up there with Empire Strikes Back and Aliens. It simply has it all. The only "negative" thing is that you'll only "get it" if you watched Firefly first, other than that it's perfect. I was so hoping for a couple of more movies, but I guess this is a classic case of quitting while you're ahead. All hail Joss Whedon! :)

FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.