Author Topic: Review the latest movie you have seen  (Read 179212 times)

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Review the latest movie you have seen
« Reply #900 on: 01-12-2010, 12:12:24 »
The A-team: 3/10

Very bad movie, totally unrealistic. also found it only mildly amusing.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #901 on: 01-12-2010, 12:12:06 »
I don't know if unrealistic is an argument with a movie about the A-Team  :P
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: 01-12-2010, 12:12:40 »
well, take the flying tank scene, and the container ship scene, those are a bit more then just cutting a few corners for the sake of entertainment.

It does not have to be completely realistic, but come on, don't over do it.

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #903 on: 01-12-2010, 14:12:59 »
Go watch The Losers then. It's sort of like the B-Team, but a better movie.  :)

But see the "unbelievable" bits of the movie A-Team as compensation for the fact that this time around guys actually get shot and die. That didn't happen in the TV show but never got in the way of the fun, right.  ;)
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #904 on: 01-12-2010, 15:12:52 »
I dont think the A team scenes are supposed to be realistic at all. Since theyre so extreme and over-done theyre more like jokes. Thats why i like it and think its only funny. I think its better when its extreme and funny, than when its just "cutting a few corners" for the sake of entertainment ( or usually in lack of any good realistic ideas )

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: 01-12-2010, 19:12:32 »
Totally agree with jb here. Tank scene was funny as heck, imo.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: 10-12-2010, 17:12:00 »
Borderline. 8/10
Lyne Charlebois, Canada, 2008.

A woman at the age of 30 is looking back at her life, shown by small episodes and approaches that showcase important events of the past that had impact on her future development. Her life turns out to be very shaken since her early days when she grew up with her crazy mother and her weird grandmother. In the end a typical borderline personality is being characterized through and by the example of the protagonist.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1048147

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline [130.Pz]I.Kluge

• Better ask twice than lose yourself once.
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: 19-12-2010, 04:12:55 »
Three days four movies.

Godzilla 1954
9/10

Get past the technology and bad acting in few parts, and you have one of the most inetresting monster flick of all time. What sets the film apart from the sequels is the end and the *soundtrack.

*Tragic Sight of the Imperial Capital

Dispicable Me
???

It was enetertaining, but lacked that magic pixar has in their movies and I hate Steve Carell. The minions seemed to make dirty jokes every time they talked.

Inception
7/10

BRRRAAAAAAAMMMM.......BRAAAAMAMMMMMM....BRAAAAAAMMMMMMM
Lots of nice action just very silly. The top does fall in the end.

Hevay Metal
8/10

Liked it, some good animation but few bad in other parts.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: 19-12-2010, 07:12:29 »
Three days four movies.

Godzilla 1954
9/10

Get past the technology and bad acting in few parts, and you have one of the most inetresting monster flick of all time. What sets the film apart from the sequels is the end and the *soundtrack.

*Tragic Sight of the Imperial Capital

Great movie, very first godzilla movie I saw. Now it remains the pride of my 50 bajillion+ godzilla movies.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Hanley

• View Profile
« Reply #909 on: 19-12-2010, 07:12:35 »
I caught a screening of the Coen Brothers' latest, TRUE GRIT, Thursday evening and I was blown away.

[9/10]

First of all, let me clarify that I have neither read the original book or seen the 1969 adaptation featuring the duke, John Wayne.

Performances were top notch as was the story.  Highly recommended this to all.  Jeff Bridges as Rooster Cogburn and Matt Damon as Texas Ranger LaBoeuf worked well together but Hailee Steinfeld stole the show for me as Mattie Ross.

Visuals were stunning and the whole film worked for me.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: 20-12-2010, 11:12:04 »
I caught a screening of the Coen Brothers' latest, TRUE GRIT, Thursday evening and I was blown away.

[9/10]

First of all, let me clarify that I have neither read the original book or seen the 1969 adaptation featuring the duke, John Wayne.

Performances were top notch as was the story.  Highly recommended this to all.  Jeff Bridges as Rooster Cogburn and Matt Damon as Texas Ranger LaBoeuf worked well together but Hailee Steinfeld stole the show for me as Mattie Ross.

Visuals were stunning and the whole film worked for me.

Ohh Coen Brother almost a guarantee to watch the movie.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #911 on: 20-12-2010, 20:12:50 »
Machete
- 1 hour and 40 minutes, filled with sexy women, guns, blood and explosions. It's alright a lazy Sunday afternoon but doesn't really fill the whole Grindhouse feeling the fake trailer did back when the Grindhouse movies was released.

Anyhow, some good moments here and there.

6 out of 10

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: 20-12-2010, 20:12:19 »
Machete
- 1 hour and 40 minutes, filled with sexy women, guns, blood and explosions. It's alright a lazy Sunday afternoon but doesn't really fill the whole Grindhouse feeling the fake trailer did back when the Grindhouse movies was released.

Anyhow, some good moments here and there.

6 out of 10

Good assement. I agree

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #913 on: 21-12-2010, 00:12:19 »
The Expandables
- I was expecting, Rambo, Ivan Drago, John McClane, The Terminator, Jet Li and that dude from The Transporter in the same movie. I got something like that but still not satisfied.

Some good action here and there but overall pretty weak.

Nice to see Eric Roberts as a bad guy

5 out of 10

Star 80
- During an episode of Eastbound and Down, the main character says something like this after being chewed out by his girlfriend and boss: You're actin' like I'm Eric Roberts in Star 80!

After that I just had to download the movie. It's movie about the life and death of playboy girl Dorothy Stratten and her life from the young days in Vancouver, to the Playboy mansion and her death by the hustler Snider played by Eric Roberts.

Solid movie and really good performance by Eric Roberts! Too bad his career took some crap because he really showed some skills here.

7 out of 10

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: 25-12-2010, 00:12:20 »
The Secret of Kells

Probably one of the most beautiful films I have ever seen, amazing amazing animation based on Celtic monastic writings.  About the writing of the Book of Kells in 800, kids might like it but it takes someone older to appreciate it.  Both funny and exciting, and ultimately beautiful, 4/5.