Author Topic: 3rd Person View in Tanks  (Read 1368 times)

Offline kenjikenji

• View Profile
3rd Person View in Tanks
« on: 24-12-2015, 17:12:01 »
Hey FH people, I've been playing FH2 for a while and loving the game, one of the most immersive and fun WW2 games I've played so far, great job 8D

though there is one thing... it would be great to have a 3rd person view in tanks, this is useful for those long drives to the front line and you just want to admire your tank, and helps as a visual relief  :P

thanks

Offline Kinryu

• View Profile
Re: 3rd Person View in Tanks
« Reply #1 on: 27-12-2015, 06:12:20 »
I do like to admire the tanks as well! However, an outside view means the tank drier would be able to see anti-tank infantry with ease. I feel that it is an important part of game-play for infantry to assist tanks. Either by spotting targets or following close behind.

Perhaps it is possible for this to be a single player view only. But I am not sure. 

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27-12-2015, 11:12:10 »
Yeah the limited view is part of the tank gameplay: you are protected but have little awareness of what goes on around you. That means that really successful tankers usually work together with infantry, and that not only for repairs.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27-12-2015, 18:12:19 »
Perhaps it is possible for this to be a single player view only. But I am not sure.
It is possible to add 3rd person view in tanks in singleplayer indeed:

To add external view for tanks and most of the other vehicles, download the following file: https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B9cnOHaxn4oDMl9jUmpnZjlYd28
Then save it to your <Battlefield 2>\mods\fh2 folder, overwriting the original one.

:)

Offline Kinryu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28-12-2015, 07:12:04 »
Problem solved! Thank you.

Offline kenjikenji

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28-12-2015, 09:12:28 »
yay, thanks =:D