Author Topic: French Hope  (Read 114606 times)

162eRI

French Hope
« on: 09-05-2010, 19:05:13 »

Hi guys,

The bloody French froggies are proud to show you what we have been working for some months now. This French Hope project, as you can guess by the pictures and name, will depict battles of the French army, the Free French Forces and the Vichy French Forces. Be aware, those are just maps and not a faction!

Today, we are growing in strengh and we felt like we had enough content to show you. With the help of some fine mappers such as Nikita, Snoox, Le Griffu, we started several maps all based on the French fights. We are trying, as much as possible, to make those maps spicy and different from what you are used to play.

We are working with FH2 stuff for now and our first goal is the map of Bir Hakeim's map. Scoub is working on the infamous Bir Hakeim "canon de 75" and others on the French helmet and "képi".

You will be able to fight in Northern France, in 1940, and try to stop the mighty Germans Panzer waves at Sedan and Stonne. You will follow the French and British Expeditionary Forces retreat at Dunkirk and save as many soldiers as you can. You can choose to fight with the Free French Forces at Bir Hakeim in Africa and save the British armies from a complete encirclement. You can also join the Vichy French Forces and defend Libanon against the Australian invaders... Or you can try to defeat us, but can you ?!

Right now, you are looking at Sedan and Stonne's ingame screens. The battle of Sedan, or should we said the breakthrough at Sedan was a major defeat for the French army. At Sedan, the Meuse Line consisted of a strong defensive belt, overlooking the Meuse valley and strengthened by 103 pillboxes. The French command expected the Germans attack on such defences only when a large infantry and artillery force would have been built up. But on May 13 and 14, the Panzer Divisions of General Guderian's 19th Panzer Corps broke through French defenses around the city. It came as a complete surprise. The German forces pressed forward as rapidly as possible to prevent the French armed forces from reforming a new defensive line.

The second map depicts is Stonne. In the night of May 13-14, the French urged various forces south of Sedan to counter-attack the German breakthrough, but it was already too late. Very early on May 15, the "Grossdeutschland" Infantry Regiment supported by tanks of the 10 Panzer Division assaulted the French city of Stonne, to consolidate Guderian's breakthrough at Sedan. They didn't expect to encounter the French 3rd Armored Division and 3rd Motorized Infantry Division arrived late on May 14, too late to counter-attack. The battle of Stonne has been called by the Germans the "Verdun of 1940" and was the first major tanks battle of world war two. The town switched side 17 times in 3 days!

But to finish this project, we need the community's help. We are recruiting ! We need mostly mappers and modelers for statics. All talents are welcome.

Stay tuned for more news,
Friendly yours, the French Hope project

(We need you)
« Last Edit: 11-05-2010, 11:05:00 by 162eRI »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: French Hope
« Reply #1 on: 09-05-2010, 19:05:28 »
This came totally unexpected!
* Flippy Warbear reads that Nikita is mentioned briefly.

Or not.  ;D

Looks good guys. Very nice surprise. Keep it up!

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-05-2010, 19:05:58 »
Vive La France!

http://koti.mbnet.fi/peksoft/wawstuff/panhard178_1.jpg
http://koti.mbnet.fi/peksoft/wawstuff/panhard178_2.jpg
http://koti.mbnet.fi/peksoft/wawstuff/panhard178_3.jpg

http://koti.mbnet.fi/peksoft/wawstuff/panhard178_v1.rar

Works fine in game, just needs a proper texture.
(You can change the texture paths by opening the panhard178.bundledmesh in notepad and search for dds)
Feel free to use as you wish :)
« Last Edit: 09-05-2010, 19:05:33 by Paasky »
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Jürgen

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-05-2010, 19:05:55 »
Didn´t Toddel say that if he saw a french map that looked good enough he would make some french tanks?

*hint* *hint*

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09-05-2010, 19:05:05 »
YES! BIR HAKEIM!  <3

Favorite Bg42 map.

Edit: I can only imagine CPS' face when he sees this

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09-05-2010, 19:05:32 »
i think i just came...

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09-05-2010, 19:05:49 »
More toys to play with in new playgrounds ! Is it Christmas ?

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09-05-2010, 20:05:17 »
WOW nice work  :o

Vive la France!
In future, we would like to cooperate with  you (we as NML), to get French army in soon. Do you agree? I really love your work, for example Sedan church, and the maps  :o

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09-05-2010, 20:05:29 »
indeed, if this French mod were to help out, It would get the french faction into NML that much sooner.

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09-05-2010, 20:05:05 »
Don't know how you guys feel about Vichy, but I've got an old Lebanon map (and just decided to make a new better quality one) which should have Vichy vs Aussies ;)

Also, I trust you've already converted the FH1 French sounds for FH2 :) I converted the Finnish sounds just for fun at one point, I could do the French for you if you already haven't.
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09-05-2010, 20:05:10 »
Seriously, Wow, nice news, I love it. I hope the stuff you would make will be like FH2 stuff in terms of quality, it's hard to say with 6 pictures. And who knows, if this stuff would'nt be a part of FH2 some day :)
« Last Edit: 09-05-2010, 20:05:18 by Alakazou »

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09-05-2010, 20:05:00 »
Looks good guys. From what I've seen from Griffu's work I know you guys can make kick ass maps.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09-05-2010, 21:05:42 »
oh my map.. O.o eRI should we give them a minimap? ::)

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09-05-2010, 21:05:36 »
Amazing!
Really, this needs to be included into the official FH2!

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #14 on: 09-05-2010, 21:05:16 »
Sweeeeeeet~