Author Topic: Conspiracies Thread Mk II  (Read 244758 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracies Thread Mk II
« Reply #1950 on: 12-12-2014, 23:12:33 »
I posted something, didn't I? now don't get greedy and know your place :D

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: 13-12-2014, 08:12:36 »
TS is lying. It's not a new Finnish map. Its a WIP of our new Brazilian Expeditionary Forces. The Suomi is just a placeholder. :-X

I know its a complete lie but man they gotta give us  the FEB and the italian front in next update! OR ELSE!

(or else we dont get the FEB and the italian front  :-\ :( :'()

Offline Klimax

• View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: 14-12-2014, 18:12:22 »
How about a vodka injection bar? If u activate it, your soldier get's drunk and starts singing. And of course the aiming is a little difficultie.

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: 14-12-2014, 19:12:57 »
How about a vodka injection bar? If u activate it, your soldier get's drunk and starts singing. And of course the aiming is a little difficultie.

Finally an idea i like!

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: 15-12-2014, 12:12:56 »

...and "kotipolttoista" (moonshine) power-up for the Finns, giving the player increased speed for a brief amount of time  :P

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: 18-12-2014, 12:12:48 »
Any development with siegfried line? You were going to post screenshots TS.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: 18-12-2014, 12:12:56 »
I was? And no there is no development on Siegfried Line. In fact, I doubt anyone did something with it since 2012. It was the private project of a developer and never even added to the beta.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: 18-12-2014, 12:12:41 »
Did you say you would, maybe or something else, I don't really remember.

Siegfried is a nice concept. Shame no one is making this map, the concept is proven to be solid, it would increase standards immensely.

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: 18-12-2014, 12:12:06 »
Did you say you would, maybe or something else, I don't really remember.

Siegfried is a nice concept. Shame no one is making this map, the concept is proven to be solid, it would increase standards immensely.
there is a costum map (from a tournament to) that contains the siegfried line its called westwall

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: 18-12-2014, 13:12:16 »
I dont think he has a historical interest in the Siegfried Line, he wants this map because it is a remake of a BF2142 map and he has an irrational aversion towards assymetrical maps.
I had a look at the map itself and while it is a well and professionally made map (as is to be expected from DICE), it is not in any way special. In fact, there are some things that are counter to usual FH2 map design, like the amount of flags in a conquest setup, which would certainly lead to the kind of "ring around the rosey" gameplay people hate. The map is also very scaled, which doesn't fit graphically with most of the newer FH2 maps, although that is a minor point.
All in all I simply don't see a reason to spend any time or effort on it.
« Last Edit: 18-12-2014, 13:12:37 by Ts4EVER »

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: 18-12-2014, 13:12:23 »
So bashing heads for 40 minutes on one flag(All of your push designs) or having combat 5 times a round(all of your all gray designs) leads to productive and fulfilling experiences, rather than the lightweight gameplay the geometric designs offer?

Losing in your maps kicks you on the head for no reason. FH2 is not FHT. FH2 is pub gaming. The map design philosophy is toxic for pub gaming.

Tl;Dr change your mind to think gazala classic is more beneficial to fh2 than gazala we have now.
« Last Edit: 18-12-2014, 13:12:00 by Airshark79 »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: 18-12-2014, 13:12:27 »
Losing in your maps kicks you on the head for no reason.

Being too bad to win the map is not a reason?

FH2 is not FHT. FH2 is pub gaming. The map design philosophy is toxic for pub gaming.

I think you are getting things confused. Tournament maps typically have more open flags than stock FH2 maps, because tournament teams are able to concentrate player numbers regardless due to their more stringent organisation. Fewer flags (usually 5 or 4 in conquest layouts) are a feature of maps designed for public play, where the objective is to avoid "circle capping", a phenomenon much hated in the community.

edit: BTW 1942 Gazala also had only 4 flags.
« Last Edit: 18-12-2014, 13:12:08 by Ts4EVER »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: 18-12-2014, 14:12:07 »
^ Gazala iz a great map! The only thing wrong with it is the sneaky Germans backcapping Acroma with the scout plane instead of pushing around Knightsbridge from Sidi Muftah box (even though the end result is about the same, just with less blood for the Axis).

Otherwise it's quite good, offers plenty of flanking action in the South and some in the North and close combat infantry action in the boxes.

The only thing is that I would consider adding the Bir Hakeim flag back, as the servers have bigger player limits now. Maybe even make it a non-recappable push flag to bring back it's historic importance and make use of the southern end of the map more...

As I see it, the map is still a bit too small to represent the full scale of Rommel's pincer move but it works. (only the tickets were a bit screwed up in the past but I think it's fixed now)
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: 18-12-2014, 14:12:41 »
Are you insane thinking you should make half of your playerbase feel bad after a session?

Closed and one dimensional layout is status-quo, and has no room for strategy. More flags lead to stretching of the front. FH2 dev team thinks(or more probably thought) that most battles had a defender and an attacker so one team HAD TO own everything at start. Here is a better alternative, why don't you give 3 flags to a team and 2 to other in an all gray layout instead of wasting your limited potential on trying to get push maps which once in every 3 games is a disaster?

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: 18-12-2014, 14:12:56 »
Many maps in the mod depict attackers vs defenders, as it was IRL.

Altho, I dont think this is a conversation for this thread in the first place. It calls for another Airshark vs everybody else thread.