Author Topic: FH2/BF2 and Win8pro compatability  (Read 319 times)

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
FH2/BF2 and Win8pro compatability
« on: 14-07-2013, 03:07:51 »
Hey everyone.

I am unsure where else to turn for this inquiry. I haven't really found to much by way of help in Google.

I'm having some issues installing Battlefield 2 (standalone copy, not steam) on Windows 8 Pro OS. According to the battlefield forums, and other places on the internet, BF2 is completely compatible.

My issue is, upon putting in the disc, entering CD keys and beginning the install, it freezes at the file "Menu_client.zip".

Anyone have this issue, or better, any tips or such to getting BF2 to work on Win8 Pro? I would consider just buying BF2 on steam, as maybe something is wrong with my CD, but I am wary of wasting the 9.99, and equally am unsure if I will get FH2 working through the steam version of BF2.

Any input is appreciated :)

thanks!
apple

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
Re: FH2/BF2 and Win8pro compatability
« Reply #1 on: 14-07-2013, 03:07:13 »
Can't say I know much about Windows 8 but you could try cleaning the disc, make sure you give it plenty of time though when you try again.

And if that don't work you could probably pirate the game somewhere, nothing unethical about that when you already own a copy.

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
Re: FH2/BF2 and Win8pro compatability
« Reply #2 on: 14-07-2013, 21:07:43 »
Yeah, fair point. Well the main thing is, if I can find out for sure that Bf2 works on Windows 8, then I'll just buy a new copy on steam. Its just I don't want to spend money, only to have it still not work. I've seen it works for some people, but I can't seem to find a solid answer.