Author Topic: Battlefield 1942 - Now Free  (Read 16163 times)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 1942 - Now Free
« Reply #120 on: 08-11-2012, 22:11:26 »
all the maps in 1.61 are included, incl coral, LoC, BoB, Aberdeen, phillipines etc.. all patch-maps

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 08-11-2012, 22:11:33 »
R-tards who start driving your stalin organ after you have set it up and is shelling the enemy... god damn you  >:(

But generally I'm loling around on sweclockers. 64 player FF off.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 08-11-2012, 22:11:46 »
Must ... have ... a .. 24 Coral sea server. NOaw!

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 09-11-2012, 00:11:28 »
just came from a coral sea server, you couldnt even take off with the bombs, guns and mines from your own team  ;D. El alemain is still a blast trough, those long range tank battles are legendary   :P

Offline BroskiDerpman

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 09-11-2012, 04:11:47 »
Tomorrow once I get everything sorted out, I'll join you guys if I can.
But I haven't played an online game in a long time so I will probably be really horrible.
Anyways see you guys on the battlefield!    ;D  Just friggin' love FH1

When are you guys usually online?  (US East Coast time)
« Last Edit: 09-11-2012, 04:11:05 by Bobkov »

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 09-11-2012, 21:11:36 »
Well, havn't seen the mod communities pop up again. But have enjoyed playing the old game a lot :D

Offline BroskiDerpman

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 10-11-2012, 00:11:59 »
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

My hard drive died on me today when I was going to play BF142 again, well it died after I installed Origin.

>:(   I wanted to play this awesome game!

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 10-11-2012, 12:11:30 »
now I remember why I preferred FF off servers in bf1942 -_-. The amount of Tking and vehicle damaging douchebags is just incredible 

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 10-11-2012, 13:11:35 »
Killing teammates / getting killed by teammates never added anything to the experience in any game.
It's also highly annoying to be in a firefight with someone, then he gets killed by one of his teammates... total lose-lose scenario for everyone involved.

'tis a ting of the past.

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 10-11-2012, 13:11:28 »
No it isn't.

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 10-11-2012, 14:11:08 »
I heavily dislike friendly fire too... It's not needed in public gameplay.. Clan matches, esports etc, hell yes! Public... It just causes a lot of hate and trolls like it.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 10-11-2012, 15:11:02 »
Killing teammates / getting killed by teammates never added anything to the experience in any game.
It's also highly annoying to be in a firefight with someone, then he gets killed by one of his teammates... total lose-lose scenario for everyone involved.

'tis a ting of the past.
You are not planning to get rid of friendly fire in FH2, are you? Friendly fire is the best thing that can be done in shooters/ first person games. Otherwise you get rambo games, where nobody aims and shoots and then asks questions. No tactics, no skill. Teamkills are part of every good game, because you actually need to think what you are doing. I shudder if I think about Call of duty multiplayer without teamdamage. Charging in full auto and spamming explosives.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 10-11-2012, 15:11:15 »
now I remember why I preferred FF off servers in bf1942 -_-. The amount of Tking and vehicle damaging douchebags is just incredible

Tried three different servers last night, all was with people killing own team player and destroying own tanks and planes.
Is there a administered server? Cause this is getting ridiculous.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 10-11-2012, 15:11:45 »
Friendly fire is the best thing that can be done in shooters/ first person games. Otherwise you get rambo games, where nobody aims and shoots and then asks questions. No tactics, no skill. Teamkills are part of every good game, because you actually need to think what you are doing. I shudder if I think about Call of duty multiplayer without teamdamage. Charging in full auto and spamming explosives.

Completely disagree. Of course there is 'tactics' and 'skill' needed without friendly fire. The enemy isn't easier to kill just because you can't frag your teammates, is he? You need to think just as much about what you are doing if you want to win over your enemy.  Only difference is you can focus all your attention on him, resulting in a deeper combat experience with the enemy

It's not easier to kill your enemy with FF off.

For FH2, I would have prefered to have it the old bf1942 way that serious server had; FF was on but by a percentage. Some servers had it to 50% meaning a FF shot gives 50% damage to a teammate. Ideal setting in FH2 would be 25%, so he gets injured, but not dead. I don't think anyone really believes that actual ingame experience benefits from FF. It's easy to talk big in forums and claim that "reALIZm Shall pr3vail!!1" but on the servers there's a different thing. FH2 more than BF3 and bf1942 could benefit from FF off, since our weapons are ultra-over powered all of them.

Would be very cool if 762 could run an FF off server a few weeks and evaluate actual ingame experience from players.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 10-11-2012, 15:11:39 »

Completely disagree. Of course there is 'tactics' and 'skill' needed without friendly fire. The enemy isn't easier to kill just because you can't frag your teammates, is he? You need to think just as much about what you are doing if you want to win over your enemy.  Only difference is you can focus all your attention on him, resulting in a deeper combat experience with the enemy

It's not easier to kill your enemy with FF off.

it is, for instance if you see an enemy and a teammate close, the teammate has not seen the enemy, but you have, and you have a rocket launcher and a rifle, what do you do? in FF off servers, you just blast the rocket, kill the emy without aiming (easy), teammate continius looking in another direction without a clue of what just hapened. In FF on servers, if you are an idiot, you still blast the rocket, kill both guys, recieve penalty for not thinking. OR, draw your rifle, aim quickly ans steady (hard), fire, save your team mate. The last example, also raise inmersion, because now you are into a task (a small one), save your teammate, kill the enemy before he kills him.

There are mutiple cases where having FF off makes playing a lot easier, enemys and frienlys in a building? smap granades, farm points. enemy tanks near buildings with friendlys? Arty the hel out of him, watch firendlys come out of the dust, unharm.