Author Topic: Call of Duty: WW2  (Read 5218 times)

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
Re: Call of Duty: WW2
« Reply #30 on: 10-07-2017, 01:07:05 »
Better yet: Black female SS soldier.

Woooohoo, here you go, man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK80AVnzVCY
You shouldn't have given that idea tho >:( 
 just joking ;D

Offline VolkssturmGewehr

• View Profile
[Removed]
« Reply #31 on: 31-10-2017, 17:10:00 »
[Removed]
« Last Edit: 05-06-2022, 05:06:56 by VolkssturmGewehr »

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 31-10-2017, 21:10:18 »
Call of Duty WW2 Carentan Trailer (4K) - Paris Games Week 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLjjFFTG128

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01-11-2017, 00:11:49 »
Oh my. Looks like an alt history where we did a combined assault on Carentan with our French and British allies. And the Tommies didn't get the memo that they're not in Africa anymore. And we lent the French our flamethrowers.

It also looks like the Germans still find gas a threat and never discovered dunkelgelb paint :D

In all seriousness, is this a re-make of the Carentan map they had for COD2? Looks the same with the BoB hill into the town.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01-11-2017, 02:11:12 »
I-is that a Lancaster with only two engines? used as an AC-130. Machine gun bullets exploding like 40 mm grenades. Bipod on MP40, A knocked early model panzer 4 with short 75mm and panzergrau color. American with FG-42, British with MG15. Sniper with a ghillie suit. Wrong crosshair in the scope. Sniper is a girl.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm good with FH2 and DoD:S
« Last Edit: 01-11-2017, 02:11:24 by Hjaldrgud »

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01-11-2017, 11:11:37 »
They have found numerous ways to make this game seem more and more like utter trash in my eyes, well done, I congratulate them for their concentrated efforts to make this as silly as possible.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 01-11-2017, 20:11:25 »
There were a few things that were actually correct, like the American helmet, and... eeehm, eeehm, .... I saw a plane which looked historically correct (Thunderbolt?). And, oh: the German helmet was correct too. Actually all helmets. And the MG42 looked good too, but I think that's about it.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01-11-2017, 21:11:32 »
It's funny because BF1 probably has the same level of historical accuracy as COD, but somehow I give COD more shit for it.

Like, at least BF1 put the right armies on the right maps and don't give you call in's like a 'ball turret gunner' (wtf is that). And they almost stick to keeping the weapons (however rare they are) to having more-or-less realistic attachments (except most of the scopes aren't real :P)

somehow I still laugh at these COD previews more, idk why.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 02-11-2017, 17:11:49 »
<projectile vomiting>

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 02-11-2017, 18:11:56 »
Ah yes, the battle of Carentan, just how I remembered it.
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04-11-2017, 11:11:13 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBEUfHH-h_I

This mission is just the best. Ride some 76mm Frankenstein Shermans (76mm gun put onto 75mm turrets) that the Americans didn't deploy until the end of the year in the first place and get attacked by Stukas with their 37mm 'machine guns' that turn like go karts (oh and chasing P47s at 100 feet). Rush through an entire German platoon to capture a ''.20 AA gun" (gee that's a really small caliber AA gun) that the Texas farm boy knows exactly how to operate and proceed to shoot down half the Luftwaffe. Next up is a big battle between Shermans and dug in Pak guns at 100 meters from each other and no one manages to hit the other. Luckily the player can use a state-of-the-art sniper rifle that slows down time when holding your breath. One area further the Germans conveniently decided to store all their gasoline drums (in case you didn't know: shooting gasoline containers makes them explode) next to their Pak positions and if that wasn't enough, the player can just shoot the Pak ammo storage with another magic sniper rifle to blow up all the shells with one rifle shot. The player is engaged by MG42's but luckily these don't have their historical 1200-1500 RPM but shoot at only about half that speed. After seeing the onslaught a couple of Germans decide to surrender and get on their knees, but none of the Americans gives a shit and they all run past because they gotta yolo the next area. However then the colonel arrives who decided that, despite being in the middle of a battle, it's much cooler to wear his hat rather than his helmet. He tells them to reinforce another unit so they decide to get in some Willy jeeps and rush down the road without any idea where they are going. They meet some roadblocks with MG42s but luckily these Willy jeeps are armored so they can drive right through the hail of bullets. You'll never believe it but some Germans had the same idea and bump into them, racing with their Kubelwagens. Thankfully the player's character had just decided to switch to the slowest firing .30 cal in history. They relieve the besieged unit by driving circles around the house they're holed up in and gunning down the German batallion outside. The unit thanks them, but the sergeant (who is apparently acting as platoon sergeant-major) tells them not to thank them but rather the captain (the colonal got demoted I guess) instead.

Just another day of Call of Duty.

Offline Ekiso

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04-11-2017, 21:11:11 »
Some minor incorrectness here and there, like firing rate and stuff. But what the hell PPSh and SVT-40 are doing in german hands on the western front? Germans use them more often than MP-40s... Not mentioning the polish kbsp wz. 38M from 1939, where only 150 were produced.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 05-11-2017, 02:11:11 »
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/?l=english
CoD MP version does not even break into top 10 on Steam. It's nice players catching on.

Singleplayer barely beats Cities Skylines

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 06-11-2017, 05:11:11 »
This game is so average

I mean the graphics are really cool if you're into that, but that's it.

The multiplayer is the same boring shit as always with CoD, and now we got the lootboxes, why not?.

The singleplayer is standard, missions we have done over and over again in different CoDs. I remember I used to care about Modern Warfare's storyline, the characters were INTERESTING at least, here in CoD WW2 we have to rescue the all-important FRENCH WOMEN from the evil germans.

Just, die.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 07-11-2017, 01:11:32 »
After watching gameplay of the first level (spoiler alert: Omaha beach), I must say that this game looks "meh." It's not all that terrible but also not that great I think. I must say I felt a bit nostalgic when I first saw the health meter back in a CoD game. Also the whole D-Day level felt awfully similar to MoH Allied Assault's one (albeit with quicktime events, cutscenes and over-the-top gunplay).

I don't know. I think I'll watch the whole campaign first before I give a more thorough review. That being said, the game is absolutely gorgeous, especially the Ardennes levels I mean look at this:  :o

I love winter forests!

Overall, the game looks exactly like Dice's Battlefield 1 but in WW2 setting: unsaturated colours, random seldom-used guns such as the Polish wz.38 "Karabin," and many, many cutscenes. I wish it was more than just that, something like the original CoD games. This game simply feels hollow and lackluster. That being said, I haven't really looked at the multiplayer side (as if I want to) but from what I'm hearing in this thread it doesn't seem too remarkable.  ;D
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.