Author Topic: Question about FH1 maps  (Read 3043 times)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Question about FH1 maps
« Reply #15 on: 28-05-2009, 04:05:27 »
yeah I understand that 0= first position and so on, But where in the kit's file do I find what index it belongs. I think im looking at the wrong spot.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28-05-2009, 08:05:00 »
1GB_AssaultNo4:

ObjectTemplate.setKitIcon 0 "kits/Icon_No4GB_selected.tga"
ObjectTemplate.setKitName 0 "ASSAULT"
ObjectTemplate.setKitActiveName 0 "ACTIVE ASSAULT"   

those^  so this kit would be the first one in the list if you had it in a map (Kit1)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30-05-2009, 00:05:07 »
Okay im narrowing down the problem to the objects i put in. It must be those because all kits are correct in terms of spelling capitalization and position in the init.con. I'm lost as to what the damn problem could be but as i continuosly scan the files over and over, I have a couple of questions.

Would anybody know of a map that uses custom objects (preferably custom kits) that I would be able to refrence?

Also, in the object and runner.con, when  cite another file,(eg run RiflemanM1Garand/runner) do I need to specify the '.con' at the end of runner.con?

I'll keep playing around and scanning for problems, thanks for all the help so far Natty but I guess my inexperience of modding BF1942 is really setting me back.

EDIT: Okay after looking at Nuenen-1944 (also uses custom objects) I did everything correct. I have an objects folder in the map, and inside I have an objects.con..... In the Objects.con file, it says "run (kit)/runner" in the runner I have "run objects" and every kit index is correct.

I think that I need to also put in FHE's weapons because they have different animations and stuff. This is what may be causing the game not to start but I doubt it. Why is it that if something is wronf in the init.con of 1 map, then the whole game doesn't start? And why is it that if I put a map into another mod it doesn't automatically refer to that mods kits and weapons?
« Last Edit: 30-05-2009, 03:05:39 by Matthew_Baker »

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30-05-2009, 03:05:19 »
you are starting FHE right? not FH with FHE kits or something weird... correct?

In the Objects folder, you have also all the folders for each kit right? I mean... you have to have the actual kit, the file for it.. (1GB_assault.con for example...) you didn't write that ^.. the name of the kit file is usually objects.con

Look in Objects/Items there you have all the kits... the "runner" file is just telling the game to run objects.con in the kits folder... this is what I meant with that it is not needed to have the runner, you can as well tell your main Objects.con to run 1GB_assault/objects instead, and it will run the Objects.con in the 1GB_assault folder (e.g. the real kit folder).

Think about the main Objects.con file as a runner for all the kits, you dont need another runner inside each kit folder.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30-05-2009, 04:05:16 »
Yeah I understand the whole thing and Ive tried it with the runner and without but Its not working. I have all the kits im using inside the Objects folder inside of the map. Im thinking I need something else or I put something wrong in the init.con.... Maybe it is the kit index because 1 FHE kit has like multiple kit index. Is that allowed to be like that? or is there something I need to do to fix that?

EDIT: Okay it obvious now that If I add anything new to the map then it doesn't work. It doesn't matter if I use the stuff in the new folder or not. as long as I try to use a new kit or weapon the whole map Doesn't work. I don't know why, but I have no solution for it.
« Last Edit: 01-06-2009, 05:06:31 by Matthew_Baker »

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20-06-2009, 17:06:46 »
Okay now that im done with school I'm able to get more work done on my goal. Now what I have noticed is that all these files are marked and 'Read Only'... I suspect thats why I can't make ANY change to the file at all. So when I unmark it and hit apply I open the properties again and noticed that 'Read Only' is still marked. How do i change that?