Poll

Do you like the way planes fly in 2.2

Yes
No
Liked them better in 1.5
Its ok in 2.2

Author Topic: Plane Flight.  (Read 8005 times)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Re: Plane Flight.
« Reply #45 on: 09-10-2009, 18:10:00 »
I did not read every Post before i want to make a clear statement!

AFRICA PLANES ARE ALTERED IN THE SAME WAY AS NORMANDY PLANES!!!!!

If you feel that the Africa planes fly better you are a fooled by the Enviroment because its the same code.

Now we have to made a Decision about our Planes. You can talk to 10 Persons about them and you will hear 11 Opinons.  At the End "WE the Devs" decide how they should be.  Inside our Team the most numbers of DEVs are happy how the Planes are now. we will do some smaller adjustments but that is it! We cant and we will NOT make it good for everyone.

You can see this in my Own case. I am the #1 Modeler for FH2. I care a bit for everything and im sure without me the Game doesnt happen. But even i cant have a Nosecam in plane as much as i want it. This is a Compromiss. Everything is a Compromiss. But at the end the Fun must be in 1st Place. and least for me Flying is much better now.
« Last Edit: 09-10-2009, 18:10:15 by Toddel »

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 09-10-2009, 18:10:19 »
Oh and btw.... This Vote is total wrong

it should be:

Do you like the way planes fly in 2.2?
Yes!
No!
Liked them better in 2.15!   
I dont care!

how it is now the option "Yes" and "Its ok" is the same.

The 1.5 fly physics are total out of place because nobody care for BF2 1.5 Flight physics.

Offline HappyFunBall

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 09-10-2009, 19:10:02 »
Oh and btw.... This Vote is total wrong

it should be:

Do you like the way planes fly in 2.2?
Yes!
No!
Liked them better in 2.15!   
I dont care!

LOL, I haven't voted in this pole, even though I have posted in this thread, because that option wasn't there.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 10-10-2009, 13:10:47 »
I did not read every Post before i want to make a clear statement!

AFRICA PLANES ARE ALTERED IN THE SAME WAY AS NORMANDY PLANES!!!!!

If you feel that the Africa planes fly better you are a fooled by the Enviroment because its the same code.

Now we have to made a Decision about our Planes. You can talk to 10 Persons about them and you will hear 11 Opinons.  At the End "WE the Devs" decide how they should be.  Inside our Team the most numbers of DEVs are happy how the Planes are now. we will do some smaller adjustments but that is it! We cant and we will NOT make it good for everyone.

You can see this in my Own case. I am the #1 Modeler for FH2. I care a bit for everything and im sure without me the Game doesnt happen. But even i cant have a Nosecam in plane as much as i want it. This is a Compromiss. Everything is a Compromiss. But at the end the Fun must be in 1st Place. and least for me Flying is much better now.

Thanks for clearing that up. I found it weird that people said the BF109 was made faster since 2.2.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10-10-2009, 18:10:12 »
Well I have started to like the 2.2 planes!  :P ::)  There are just a few things like Gay takeoffs and they fly up like gravity is off but other than that I still Pwn the noobs. 8) ;D
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 10-10-2009, 18:10:04 »
The gravity is off. :P

Offline alexon

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 10-10-2009, 22:10:48 »
i think planes are TOO slow. they can still fly on very low  speed which is totally unrealistic.
tanks can shut down planes with no hassle and the anti-air guns just shred planes apart. add to this small distance view of bf2 engine and you get planes almost useless  :(
« Last Edit: 10-10-2009, 23:10:36 by alexon »

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 11-10-2009, 02:10:36 »
It's still better than in 2.15. There the AT guns were almost as effective as AA guns in bringing down the planes ::) Now, the added manoeuverability means that planes have a chance to avoid AT and to some extent AA (unless they choose to fly low & slow, straight & level over a gun position...)

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 11-10-2009, 06:10:33 »
The gravity is off. :P

1) The gravity was always off, sue dice devs

2) BF109 was a jet pre-2.2, so if someone says is faster now you can laugh in his face

3) I like them more now, except the fast take off, and maybe they are slightly too agile