Poll

Do you like the way planes fly in 2.2

Yes
No
Liked them better in 1.5
Its ok in 2.2

Author Topic: Plane Flight.  (Read 8005 times)

azreal

Re: Plane Flight.
« Reply #15 on: 07-10-2009, 20:10:13 »
They are different because because they are different planes, and they fly differently. How can you compare the Typhoon to Afrika planes? The Typhoon wasn't in Afrika and the Hurricane Mk. IIB isn't in Normandy.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07-10-2009, 21:10:12 »
Because you get all the trees and hedgerows, not to mention the FH 2.2 grasses. All you need to render in a good PC. Lagging cause a lot of crashes. Anyway, this argument is also void, since you really have to spend your money on a good machine before attempting to play FH2. Other than that, i dunno, never played Totalize.

2.2 is as it is, 2.15 is okay, FH1 is the best. Which one i don't like the most? FH2.2

Back in 1.5 only few where able to fly planes good but now EVERY one dose :o ??? ??? .......
This is an argument I don't understand at all. In FH and FH2 everyone is able to fight with all the weapons and vehicles in air, sea and land. Why do you think that planes should be restricted to a few elitists elite pilots?

I partially agree with you. In another thread, someone mentioned that he is pissed off when get beaten in an aerial dogfight by n00bs and blame it on new FH2.2 physics, which is suspected to make it possible.

Elitist behavior are everywhere, not just in pilots. Most people in FH believe that top notch equipment (airplane, sniper, heavy tank) belong to the pros. Sometimes the pro themselves have wrong idea or very limited vision about how to use it. The reason being, "because at the hand of the pros it could do more damage to the enemy than it would at the hand of n00bs" thus people queue for it, whining about its usage, and worst, TK for it.

Let's say snipers. A lot of seemingly pro players taught newbies that it should be used like some ZOMFG super elite chameleon camouflaged snipers that you read in Carlos Hathcock article or "Enemy at the gates" movie scenario. Well, supporting the frontlines using your scoped rifles like modern day designated marksman is never wrong. Everybody don't enjoy the same play style. And some people don't want to be a sniper like Simo Häyhä, especially regarding their equipment.

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07-10-2009, 22:10:02 »
Because you get all the trees and hedgerows, not to mention the FH 2.2 grasses. All you need to render in a good PC. Lagging cause a lot of crashes. Anyway, this argument is also void, since you really have to spend your money on a good machine before attempting to play FH2. Other than that, i dunno, never played Totalize.

You need to resist Flippys lies. Nnghh.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07-10-2009, 23:10:26 »
How can you compare the Typhoon to Afrika planes?
This. Obviously, a fighter that was faster than a FW190 (at low altitude) will fly "differently" when compared to poor old Hurricane that was on the slow side even when the war started (and before they decided to slap a pair of 40mm guns on it).

Offline HappyFunBall

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07-10-2009, 23:10:50 »
Elitist behavior are everywhere, not just in pilots. Most people in FH believe that top notch equipment (airplane, sniper, heavy tank) belong to the pros. Sometimes the pro themselves have wrong idea or very limited vision about how to use it. The reason being, "because at the hand of the pros it could do more damage to the enemy than it would at the hand of n00bs" thus people queue for it, whining about its usage, and worst, TK for it.

Let's say snipers. A lot of seemingly pro players taught newbies that it should be used like some ZOMFG super elite chameleon camouflaged snipers that you read in Carlos Hathcock article or "Enemy at the gates" movie scenario. Well, supporting the frontlines using your scoped rifles like modern day designated marksman is never wrong. Everybody don't enjoy the same play style. And some people don't want to be a sniper like Simo Häyhä, especially regarding their equipment.

Bang on correct, put that speech in the loading screens!!!!

I would add one more thing. 'Noobs' have as much right to misuse equipment as 'pros' do. And watching some idiot teammate lose the Tiger in two minutes flat is part of the game as well. Deal with it.
« Last Edit: 07-10-2009, 23:10:36 by HappyFunBall »

Offline Gl@mRock

• À vaincre sans périls, on triomphe sans gloire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08-10-2009, 00:10:45 »
Could it be that the devs took a step back with the airplanes physics making them easier to fly to attract new players and once they are hooked to the mod  revert the tendency with subsequent release???

I dunno, I'm only speculating on something I have no idea about... but I'm sure the new physics are better for n00bs (like me) then having them saying: "OMG, planes sux, bring back nose cam" every two minutes.

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08-10-2009, 01:10:06 »
Oh yeah, I want nosecam back too.  :P
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08-10-2009, 06:10:15 »
Old FH2 physics + nose cams = n00b friendly. And no pro wouls likely to complain about it.

But the pilots' biggest enemy, ground soldiers, tankers, gunners will start to say "plane bias", "plane is for the killfest" etc etc like in the old FH. Even in the old FH, the devs want to try to implement fuel system only for the planes just to tone their superiority down.

I would add one more thing. 'Noobs' have as much right to misuse equipment as 'pros' do. And watching some idiot teammate lose the Tiger in two minutes flat is part of the game as well. Deal with it.

I think on average, pro players won't last much longer than n00bs. When they are unlucky, they'll be no different than n00bs. The difference is that they become really pissed off when being called 'n00b' (they are just unlucky, that's it). So it is really the ego that plays here. Same goes for vehicle campers.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08-10-2009, 12:10:17 »
Oh yeah, I want nosecam back too.  :P
And I want an unicorn. But alas, neither is going to happen.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08-10-2009, 13:10:40 »
May sound obvious, but wasn't the MkIX capable of a good 150-200km/h more than the MkV? The Typhoon was also very fast indeed - its successor the Tempest was used to hunt V1s over Kent.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline NoCoolOnesLeft

• Allied Bias
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08-10-2009, 14:10:13 »
They are different because because they are different planes, and they fly differently. How can you compare the Typhoon to Afrika planes? The Typhoon wasn't in Afrika and the Hurricane Mk. IIB isn't in Normandy.

I am aware of what is and isn't in each respective theater.

The Africa planes all feel heavier, turn on a much wider radius, do not climb as well, do not recover from a dive as well, take longer to get off a runway, take longer to land, and are certainly not capable of pulling off the bizarre maneuvers you can with the Normandy planes. I seriously doubt this is all due to the representation of their respective models and the developments over the years.

They are radically different. For example, the Typhoon runways on Totalize are exceptionally short and you can pull into an almost 90 degree climb immediately. You'd not even dream of doing this in a Hurricane or 109. The basic principle is, all craft have to adhere to a set rule of game physics and the differences are too vast to dismiss. The Normandy planes don't even seem to apply to any kind of rules set by the physics in this mod.

Now, it was mentioned by either a tester or a developer some times ago that the physics or code values were altered slightly for Normandy planes so that they were more capable of being kept in control on their respective maps. It's not entirely relevant if the maps are the same size or not, it is the position and direction of runways and out of bounds areas that determines maneuvering space or flight paths on a map.

The creation of this thread and thoughts raised are pretty much testament to fact that something is up, and it's not just down to the model of plane.

Offline TheLean

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08-10-2009, 14:10:35 »

I am aware of what is and isn't in each respective theater.

The Africa planes all feel heavier, turn on a much wider radius, do not climb as well, do not recover from a dive as well, take longer to get off a runway, take longer to land, and are certainly not capable of pulling off the bizarre maneuvers you can with the Normandy planes. I seriously doubt this is all due to the representation of their respective models and the developments over the years.

They are radically different. For example, the Typhoon runways on Totalize are exceptionally short and you can pull into an almost 90 degree climb immediately. You'd not even dream of doing this in a Hurricane or 109. The basic principle is, all craft have to adhere to a set rule of game physics and the differences are too vast to dismiss. The Normandy planes don't even seem to apply to any kind of rules set by the physics in this mod.

Now, it was mentioned by either a tester or a developer some times ago that the physics or code values were altered slightly for Normandy planes so that they were more capable of being kept in control on their respective maps. It's not entirely relevant if the maps are the same size or not, it is the position and direction of runways and out of bounds areas that determines maneuvering space or flight paths on a map.

The creation of this thread and thoughts raised are pretty much testament to fact that something is up, and it's not just down to the model of plane.

Well, if Africa planes have 2.15 physics and normandy planes the new physics tuned for hedgerows and massive AA, I dont see why everebody is complaining so much. Sure, Its different, but you will learn how to adapt to each map soon enough. I thought the argument was that normandy physics screw the fun of flying on africa maps because they are more open and empty, but if this is a FALSE statement, what are we arguing about?

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #27 on: 08-10-2009, 14:10:42 »
'Noobs' have as much right to misuse equipment as 'pros' do. And watching some idiot teammate lose the Tiger in two minutes flat is part of the game as well. Deal with it.

While I agree with your statement of fairs-fair, I've noticed there are more and more 'griefers' and some of these griefers adopt that as the style of play for all FH2 rounds they play.  It's not enough you have to wait a long time for a typhoon, wulf (or tiger) to spawn and there he is, the same player(s) again and again, round after round (a good example) AdamCurry being accused, and accusing people of TKing for planes.  I know what you are going to say, "tell the server admin" well many times they aren't about, it's not all run like HSLAN clockwork, and mentioning 'kick him' just starts a torrent of bollocks chat that pushes tactical chat off the screen in favour of "i'm going to rape your family" remarks.  It's utter shit.  The only thing to do 'as a real pro' is to pick up a rifle and run to the front line and do what best you can.

I'm not having a go at you funball, no sir, just venting some steam because I'm ****ed off with the dirty habits players are picking up, it used to be that I could land a 109 and give it to abdul or Tiny so they could have a go, and they would often recipricate the queueing eticate.  Not anymore, it's all selfish little shits who do wind up burining in a tree somewhere.

p.s. I prefered the plane physics of old, when the 109 was a mans toy and the spitfire was like flying a giant beast with a huge nose.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline verg_6

• Crusader MkIII for life (Until 2.2, that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08-10-2009, 18:10:23 »

I'm not having a go at you funball, no sir, just venting some steam because I'm ****ed off with the dirty habits players are picking up, it used to be that I could land a 109 and give it to abdul or Tiny so they could have a go, and they would often recipricate the queueing eticate.  Not anymore, it's all selfish little shits who do wind up burining in a tree somewhere.

You can thank the flood of newbies for that. I'm all for a bigger FH playerbase, but it seems all the BF2 smacktards are finding their way here and bringing their playstyles with them (ie: 'Form a line for the Typhoon/King Tiger or we WILL TK you!').
« Last Edit: 08-10-2009, 18:10:23 by verg_6 »

Offline Cin3k33

• Lobo`s younger sister
    • View Profile
    • eXavs
« Reply #29 on: 08-10-2009, 18:10:27 »
Imo the only thing that was needed, was gun harmonization....

Do we have the same father?

I am going to install 2.15 and fly there.

Planes in 2.2 just abase me when I got killed by noob seen for the fist time. And there is nothing I can do with it.

Hidden message in 2.2:
Good pilot is a pilot in Focke Wulf 190.
« Last Edit: 08-10-2009, 18:10:30 by Cin3k33 »