Author Topic: weapon accuracy  (Read 3176 times)

Offline Gunnerz

• View Profile
weapon accuracy
« on: 29-04-2012, 12:04:37 »
Any chance we get a decrease in weapon accuracy?
I mean at 1000 meters, with an unscoped rifle you can you can one shot a target the size of a pinhead.
Like there is no bullet drop, wind etc.
Its like firing a laser guided round, it never misses.

This is taking away realism and fun.
« Last Edit: 29-04-2012, 12:04:11 by Gunnerz »

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: weapon accuracy
« Reply #1 on: 29-04-2012, 12:04:57 »
There is bullet drop, and there is no way you can even see anything from 1000 meters in FH2.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Gunnerz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29-04-2012, 12:04:18 »
There is bullet drop, and there is no way you can even see anything from 1000 meters in FH2.

Still IRL you cannot kill someone with one bullet when the target is as large as a pinhead.
Id expect atleast a few misses before you score a hit.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29-04-2012, 13:04:33 »
Still IRL you cannot kill someone with one bullet when the target is as large as a pinhead.

And you base this assumption on what?

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29-04-2012, 13:04:51 »
Most engagement ranges in FH 2 are about 200 m and less so I'd say guns handle pretty realistic in that range (note that this is coming from someone who has never shot a rifle so my definition of realistic might not be true to life).

Like they say it's not the weapon that tends to miss, it's the shooter.

But maybe a small deviation before the ironsights align completely wouldn't hurt to discourage the current snap-shooting situations.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Gunnerz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29-04-2012, 13:04:11 »

Common sence, weather conditions and nature laws.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29-04-2012, 13:04:43 »

How about my personal experience saying that in combat ranges of FH2 it is really easy to hit a man sized target? :P

Offline Gunnerz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29-04-2012, 13:04:20 »

How about my personal experience saying that in combat ranges of FH2 it is really easy to hit a man sized target? :P

A man sized target yes, but not something as small as a pinhead.
To do this you need a scope and a bipod or arm rest.
Ive fired a hunting rifle once, and its already impossible to keep a target that small in your sight.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29-04-2012, 13:04:42 »

If fired a hunting rifle once, and its already impossible to keep a target that small in your sight.
The target is still man sized... I'm not saying I would hit a pin head. You fired a hunting rifle one, good. I didn't exactly count the rounds I put through my RK-95 TP, but I can say that hitting a man sized target from 300 meters is easy.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29-04-2012, 13:04:21 »

The target is still man sized... I'm not saying I would hit a pin head. You fired a hunting rifle one, good. I didn't exactly count the rounds I put through my RK-95 TP, but I can say that hitting a man sized target from 300 meters is easy.

When it's standing still that is... Maybe we could bring back the faster running of players? I mean now everyone is like leisurely strolling around...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Gunnerz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29-04-2012, 13:04:14 »

If fired a hunting rifle once, and its already impossible to keep a target that small in your sight.

Ok but i think you cant one shot a target wich is even smaller than a rifles gun sight.
At 300 meters you still have a reasonble piece of the target to aim at, altough you need to be trained to hit a man sized target.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29-04-2012, 13:04:54 »
Your "thinking" versus his "personal experience", guess which one loses.
I don't know what is the fog distance on FH2 maps, but i think it was 500m on the NA maps or something.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29-04-2012, 13:04:31 »
Of course you can't score perfect hits all the time, all sorts of variables apply.
But you should also be able to code these variables in game... you can make weapons less accurate to simulate extreme conditions, but can you make it so that you won't just randomly miss the target from 150 meters no matter how much you aim and concentrate.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29-04-2012, 20:04:51 »
Variables apply all the time ingame.  IIRC kev ran a test of shooting at pixel distance enemies, and it took an average of 3 shots to score hits.

And I'm sorry, but "shooting a hunting rifle once" has nothing on soldiers of WW2 who spent between 3 and 12 months in basic training, learning every single fine point of the weapon they were issued, and training to hit man sized targets at 600 yards without the aide of scopes.  Having also fired all my ww2 era rifles (SMLE, K98k, K31, M24, Mosin Nagant), I can say without a doubt that the FH2 accuracy system is the best we can have ingame.  Also, remember, the largest fog distance ingame is around 400m-500m.  On average, it is around 300-400m, and normal rifle combat distance in FH2 is anywhere from 30-50m to maybe 200m.  IE, this is POINT BLANK for military rifles.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29-04-2012, 21:04:29 »
My ingame rifle accuracy is 32%. No matter how accurate our rifles are ingame, I still have pretty realistic accuracy imo.