Author Topic: Can't wait for 2.2  (Read 52486 times)

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
Re: Can't wait for 2.2
« Reply #45 on: 29-03-2009, 22:03:45 »
Its roughly as precise as the bolt actions. As von mudra mentioned, at long range people don't take the time to aim it properly making the K98 and Enfield better. I haven't heard any complaints about its accuracy from our beta testers so I assume its all well and good.

Offline Uberhauptstormfuhrer

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 29-03-2009, 23:03:18 »
I am wondering when the next update is coming?

Damnit, its been more dan a month   :'(

Offline fh_spitfire

• Developer
  • FHer since 0.6 | aka spitfire05
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 29-03-2009, 23:03:54 »
New devs' and testers' signatures do fine in waiting for the update for me ;D

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 30-03-2009, 00:03:20 »
Its roughly as precise as the bolt actions. As von mudra mentioned, at long range people don't take the time to aim it properly making the K98 and Enfield better. I haven't heard any complaints about its accuracy from our beta testers so I assume its all well and good.
ZOMG GARAND SCREENSHOT IN SIGNATURE!!! *head explodes*

But yea I guess what I'm looking forward to most is simply a change of pace of FH2. The biggest things that have carried FH this far is it's variety of gameplay and attention to historical detail. Africa is great, but it's only a tiny spec on the radar screen compared to the whole of what FH2 hopes to cover. Adding a very different theater (both in look and terrain) like Normandy helps to bring back that good old nostalgic FH feeling all over again.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

azreal

« Reply #49 on: 30-03-2009, 01:03:11 »
you know...I'm surprised everybody is so concerned w/ the Garand in Kev's sig, vs everybody trying to figure out if thats PdH or an unreleased map.

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 30-03-2009, 01:03:09 »
I hope it's Omaha beach by Lobo :P

Offline Oberst Topgun

• FH-Betatester
  • been here from scratch
    • View Profile
    • www.fragthe.net
« Reply #51 on: 30-03-2009, 01:03:35 »
its pdh  :P

*little-dream-crush*

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #52 on: 30-03-2009, 01:03:13 »
Just a hypothetical situation for the betatesters:

(Using the current internal version) You have just deployed an mg42 lafette, but it didn't appear.  You hear an explosion in a nearby building, and enter it looking for a better weapon than your pistol.  On the ground are 3 kits: one with an M1 garand, one with a carbine, and one with a g43.  All have an equal number of bullets left.  Which do you pick up and why?

Offline Danger X

• I wish we stayed neutral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 30-03-2009, 01:03:38 »
I would go for the G43. Simply because I have no good memories of the clang of the M1, and the Carbine... I am not familiar enough with it.
As my tutor, old Bubbleface, used to say:"Make love and be merry, for tomorrow you may catch some disgusting skin disease."

Rowan Atkinson as The Black Adder

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 30-03-2009, 01:03:51 »
On the ground are 3 kits: one with an M1 garand, one with a carbine, and one with a g43.  All have an equal number of bullets left.  Which do you pick up and why?
I would pick the M1 Garand.

First off, it comes with grenades and riflegrenades - the G43 only with grenades and the M1 Carbine is only in the scout and engineer kits, so it never has any grenades at all. Second, with the M1 Garand and G43 you can kill people with 1 shot in the head and torso, with the M1 Carbine only in the head. Third, the M1 Garand and M1 Carbine have nice ironsights. The Ironsight on the G43 I have a lot of trouble with.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 30-03-2009, 01:03:28 »

(Using the current internal version) You have just deployed an mg42 lafette, but it didn't appear.  You hear an explosion in a nearby building, and enter it looking for a better weapon than your pistol.  On the ground are 3 kits: one with an M1 garand, one with a carbine, and one with a g43.  All have an equal number of bullets left.  Which do you pick up and why?

Why would I enter a building that I just heard an explosion in, with only a pistol. ;)

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 30-03-2009, 01:03:08 »

Why would I enter a building that I just heard an explosion in, with only a pistol. ;)

You are obviously looking for the remains of the Robot Banzai Chargers ;)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 30-03-2009, 01:03:32 »

G/K43.
Why? I can actually hit something with it :p
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

azreal

« Reply #58 on: 30-03-2009, 01:03:10 »
M1 Garand I suck with and its riflenades are bugged to all hell, Carbine is too weak imo, and if we are playing Natty's map that means someone got a kit error b/c he hasn't fixed the limited G43 kit, which means 1 less German to worry about so....G43

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #59 on: 30-03-2009, 03:03:16 »
M1 Garand I suck with and its riflenades are bugged to all hell, Carbine is too weak imo, and if we are playing Natty's map that means someone got a kit error b/c he hasn't fixed the limited G43 kit, which means 1 less German to worry about so....G43

If by fixing it you mean that for every gun one side pinches of a limited kit the other side gets one less I am all for that.  Think it adds a whole new flavor to the mix when the Germans don't get anymore MG42's because the allies have stolen them all.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650