Author Topic: Invasion of Crete 64  (Read 52215 times)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Invasion of Crete 64
« on: 29-03-2009, 11:03:37 »
"If you have a suggestions or want to give us some Feedback about this Map you can Post it here!"
« Last Edit: 29-03-2009, 13:03:26 by Toddel »

Offline DesertRat40-45

• View Profile
Re: Invasion of Crete 64
« Reply #1 on: 30-03-2009, 16:03:32 »
Hey

I played this map and i must say, im really dissapointed with how it looks.

1st of all i think its too big. And too much AA guns around.

If you could make it smaller with 3 or 2 AA guns as targets for axis that would be nice.

German transport planes should be faster.

And more trees and stuff on the Crete, right now it looks like its being still devloped and its borring running around hills.

And diffrend cammouflages for Matildas, and Fallshirmjagers not Gebirsjagers would be nice. Also german gliders with extra equipment.

Gliders could work as spawnpoints after landing on crete, and allies could reduce ticket ratio for axis if destroyng them with shatchels etc.

Also germans could reduce allied ticker tratio by destroying AA guns (3-2) on map.

And one man cant operate with 1 bofors, where is the guy who load ammo and the one who sat on the second place on it?

And bigger villages, those right now are like 2-5 houses. Instead of making 6-7 flags you could makke 5-4 but more interesting.

Greets DesertRat :)
Sig editted (oversize)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30-03-2009, 16:03:10 »
You do realise that you have only 32 players per team and that the map would be pretty empty if you need 3 guys to man an AA emplacement? Also, do you think it is fun feeding ammo the whole round?

Offline DesertRat40-45

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30-03-2009, 20:03:32 »
Yes i think so Ts4Ever, dont get upset only because im giving feedback lolo
Sig editted (oversize)

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30-03-2009, 22:03:42 »
It saddns me that there are so many people that dislike crete. It's my fave map. It can be awesome when you play it right.

Offline hslan.Faust

• View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #5 on: 30-03-2009, 23:03:27 »
i always wondered why cretes bofors are locked for the axis?
Was kümmern den Wolf die Flöhe!

Offline Mspfc Doc DuFresne

• A Poet and I didn't Know It
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30-03-2009, 23:03:03 »
They'd sweep the brits from the skies if they weren't. Duh.
Twilight - the movie is just like Schindler's list... You know you're watching a crime against humanity, but it's sort of entertaining.~~Ts4EVER

Biiviz

« Reply #7 on: 31-03-2009, 15:03:46 »

To lower the amount of infantry rape they inevitably cause.

Btw, Kubador I agree, it's one of my favorites as well.

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31-03-2009, 16:03:44 »
The infantry rape actually causes them to make the map even more difficult for the axis. Too bad they can't be positioned in a way to prevent this.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #9 on: 31-03-2009, 16:03:28 »
It saddns me that there are so many people that dislike crete. It's my fave map. It can be awesome when you play it right.
Me too. I love the infantry combat on it. And another thing to love this map is FJ tactics. It's a challenge to fly with your belly on the water then go really high and bail with your men. Ah I love parajumping in FH2  ;D
Anyways, it's an epic map for FH2.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

azreal

« Reply #10 on: 31-03-2009, 17:03:22 »
One thing that I think would add to the awesome-ness of this map would be to make the SL spawn a paratrooper spawn, although I'm not sure if this can be done only for the Germans.

Offline Kildar

• Have a nice day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31-03-2009, 17:03:56 »
I love this map. It just is missing something. It's not tough enough for the Brits and Not tough enough for the Germans. I'd say get rid of German SL spawns till they capture a flag on the island and make AA a lot tougher to repair, so if a fighter or something blows it up the  JU has a healthy window before the AA comes up again.

Offline hslan.Faust

• View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #12 on: 31-03-2009, 17:03:50 »

To lower the amount of infantry rape they inevitably cause.

Btw, Kubador I agree, it's one of my favorites as well.

not quite logical.

so to lower the "amount of infantry rape" one side is denied its use, while the other side can "rape" all day long?

remember, unlike tobruk, crete is a map where all flags can be taken in no particular order. while i understand the reasons why those bofors are locked on tobruk, i still have to see a valid reason making this necessary for crete.

Was kümmern den Wolf die Flöhe!

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31-03-2009, 18:03:55 »
Why do people care so much about the Bofors? You can't really do much with them, they are locked, so what? ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Biiviz

« Reply #14 on: 31-03-2009, 18:03:27 »
If it wasn't locked, the rape would increase by 100% (i.e. double, as both sides can do it). Atleast the Brits have a real motive for using it (vs. axis planes), unlike the Germans who would only use it against infantry. As far as I've seen while playing, the flak rape isn't so bad atm. I imagine the testers found that having Bofors unlocked led to increased flak rape, so they were locked. I'm just guessing here, so wait for a dev/tester to answer that one.

Anyway, the problem I see with this map is that there is really no safe place to drop. The AA guns completely cover the island so what usually happens is that the Junkers flies a couple of meters above the water and when they come close to land everyone bails out into the water. They take almost zero damage from this and takes away from the immersion as you don't get to see any paradrops (and axis doesn't get to perform paradrops). Perhaps remove an AA gun or two in the area around the eastern most landing zone marked on the map. I know the point of this map is to have the Stukas take out the AA guns, but if that fails, what then? This way there is atleast a slim chance of a paradrop succeeding.

Comments on this?