Author Topic: Invasion of Crete 64  (Read 52214 times)

Offline bolovoneichkamp

• View Profile
Re: Invasion of Crete 64
« Reply #30 on: 01-04-2009, 16:04:10 »
im quite sure if you were a German Paratrooperer and a Battalion of British Infantry were advancing on you ,and A Bofors was your only defence ...then you would use it on vehicles and infantry...as they were used in WW2......The 88 was a Flak gun and a deadly tank killer   so why do guys complain about the bofors...all weapons that can kill or destroy can and were used

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #31 on: 01-04-2009, 17:04:29 »
Yes well, in real life people didn't get spawnraped by a Bofors while some other guy is laughing at them and showing off his 'awesome' kill to dead ratio.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Knitschi

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01-04-2009, 18:04:10 »
 I agree! This map needs more detail in between the CPs.
The detail of Sfakia on the whole map would be nice  ::)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01-04-2009, 18:04:47 »
Well, Sfakia has not the massive size and view distance of Crete.

Offline rattovolante

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02-04-2009, 14:04:33 »
Three suggestions:

- introduce altitude and virtual horizon displays for the Ju52. This would help pubbie pilots a lot (you could just tell them "fly level at altitude X"). Right now on a typical pubbie server very, very few people know how to properly pilot a Tante Ju. I know devs don't like having HUD-like displays for planes, but IMO they're almost required for the Ju52, as they must effectively do instrumental flight above sight range (or ground-effect flight, which is way unrealistic IMO). It's very easy to lose orientation when flying above the clouds in BF2's fake-gravity world.

- reduce vulnerability of parachutes. Right now most paratroopers are killed in the air by rifle fire or AA, which defeats the whole purpose of having a paradrop-themed map. The currently most effective tactic is to drop a SL in a remote area near the map edges, have his squad spawn on him, and then trek to the flag (in other words, squads don't actually paradrop but spawn on ground).

- set a flag as uncappable by allies (that is, if they lose it, they can't cap it back), to reduce dependency on decent Junkers pilots.
game.utilities.printScriptTillItFuckingWorks() fan

Offline Cpl. Mallard

• Proud owner of an SMLE Mk.III*
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 05-04-2009, 06:04:18 »
I will agree with him on the parachutes. Personally it doesnt bother me because i refuse to be German, but for the sake of reality the parachutes could move a little faster. I was once told a properly deployed WWII circular  personnel parachute would cause a man to impact at the same speed as if he was to jump off a two story building. Now, im not sure but i would suppose a parachutist wouldnt exactly be floating like they do in FH.
"And on the sixth day, God saw the need of a high powered rifle that could slaughter Germans at ranges in excess of 2000 yards, and so He created the Lee Enfield. And He saw that it was good, and so on the seventh day, God rested."

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 05-04-2009, 11:04:18 »
I have come to the point that I didn't use a chute once the last four or five times playing Crete. It just doesn't work, landing the junkers is more probable to succeed than using the chute..

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #37 on: 05-04-2009, 11:04:52 »
Glider tactics  :P Well landing the Tante Ju is always succesfull, even when I bail it wont blow up when it crashes, it's so though.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 05-04-2009, 14:04:43 »
I will agree with him on the parachutes. Personally it doesnt bother me because i refuse to be German,

on crete or in general?

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #39 on: 05-04-2009, 23:04:44 »
The map is OK

The Axis just needs a bit more tickets

Offline altfuture

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 06-04-2009, 04:04:40 »
One of my favorite maps.

Could use more work though. Some details seem to be lacking, especially on the southern part of the map. Some more rocks, houses, plants, terrain dynamics, etc. The area around the airport is great, too bad whole map doesn't have the same level of detail.
BRAINFORCE squad

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 07-04-2009, 12:04:44 »
The map is running on the test server right now.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 07-04-2009, 13:04:40 »
The map is running on the test server right now.
We were testing something with the award system. The map is the same as in 2.15.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 07-04-2009, 14:04:31 »
More detail will lead to the map becoming more hardware hungry and I don't know if that is too good.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline HusMuseN

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 07-04-2009, 18:04:22 »
I would love to see that all classes in the german team have parachutes. But couldnt the weapons be dropped i canisters from the planes? So you land with only a pistol and have to find a canister and grab a mauser? This is my favorite map, except when Normandy comes out because then you will find me in a bunker on a Mg42 overlooking a famous beach  ;D