Author Topic: Invasion of Crete 64  (Read 52215 times)

Offline hslan.Faust

• View Profile
    • hslan
Re: Invasion of Crete 64
« Reply #60 on: 30-04-2009, 00:04:13 »
@ Faust,
 Would you be content if the AA disappeared at a flag position once it was captured by the German side?

a better suggestion would be to make the bofors only usable for the side controlling the flag.
Was kümmern den Wolf die Flöhe!

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 30-04-2009, 15:04:06 »
honestly, is it fair to give the possibilty of "cheap gameplay" only to one side?

you dont want groundtroops battling each other with bofors, with a sidestatement that its bad that the allies can (and fully) use that possibilty?

there is no bofors that can shoot another base on crete. they only can be used to controll the base they are located in. no more, no less. whats the problem? a more equal win/loss ratio?

It's not a matter of fairness, british need AA, germans don't need AA, so they stay locked, period.
All our repairable guns: AA, AT guns, static mg's, have infinite life, can't dissapear, can't be assigned to the other team

Offline DesertRat40-45

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 01-05-2009, 18:05:25 »
How ever you could give a bit more... meat to this map, like trees bushes envoierment etc. because right now it looks more like its 25% done.
Sig editted (oversize)

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 02-05-2009, 16:05:04 »
It's not a matter of fairness, british need AA, germans don't need AA, so they stay locked, period.
All our repairable guns: AA, AT guns, static mg's, have infinite life, can't dissapear, can't be assigned to the other team

I agree.

I only wished you would think the same of side rezegh, and lock the 88 for allies. They don't need such AT weapons on that map. They get enough 2 pounders, tanks and PAK38 to finish the axis tanks.

Offline hslan.Faust

• View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #64 on: 02-05-2009, 23:05:53 »

lobo: basically we are talking about an average 6 to 1 win/loss ratio in favour of the allied forces on a somewhat full public server! dont you think that there is something seriously wrong in terms of balancing?

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 07-05-2009, 16:05:43 »
Sigh, what about my old sugestion to lock passagers in their seats when the door of the JU52 is closed ? Currently, the door has no use at all. If the pilot was allowed to controle where troops landed, drops would be more organised.

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 08-05-2009, 23:05:58 »
hslan today, full server, germans overran us, 150 tickets advantage.

I guess this was the one of the 7:1  ::)

Offline hslan.Faust

• View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #67 on: 09-05-2009, 00:05:07 »
yes, that truly seems to be the way the map works normaly.

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 09-05-2009, 00:05:48 »
well, as I explained you the key for the balance of this map is the skills of german pilots to place on ground their airborne troops, in this round they fared pretty well and fast, in 1-2 minutes axis got their first flag, and this, my friend, is not in our hands. The locking/unlocking of bofors doesn't change this fact, and so they remain locked

Offline vic fontaine

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 22-05-2009, 19:05:12 »
Sigh, what about my old sugestion to lock passagers in their seats when the door of the JU52 is closed ? Currently, the door has no use at all. If the pilot was allowed to controle where troops landed, drops would be more organised.

This could be a good idea--the only problem is that griefers would probably like it more than you would, hah.

Is it not possible to disable the bofors once the axis team has taken a flag?

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #70 on: 22-05-2009, 22:05:19 »
I'm not sure if it's hardcoded, but I don't think so. You'll just have to get some good Stuka pilots.

PILOTS: Try circling the mainbase a few times to get altitude!

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 29-05-2009, 17:05:05 »
Is it not possible to disable the bofors once the axis team has taken a flag?
There's already a method for that. It's called Panzerbüchse 39. I like to spawn with the AT kit as soon as possible if I'm playing Germans, primarily to take down the Boforses (and only secondarily the tanks), preferably even before the flag is taken (die, spawn at SL with new kit). Suddenly, infantryrushing Rearguard or Hill 107 without Stuka support becomes far less suicidal...

The Boforses are located badly to be of any use as offensive weapons, and on the defensive, two ATR shots take it out. So even if it's for Britons only, it's not really so imbalanced. The real problem for the Germans are the inexperienced Tante Ju drivers who do not even listen to advice and fly at low/medium altitudes straight into the worst flak zones - then repeat the excercise time and again. ::)

Offline Marksman

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 04-06-2009, 01:06:27 »
Hey

I played this map and i must say, im really dissapointed with how it looks.

1st of all i think its too big. And too much AA guns around.

If you could make it smaller with 3 or 2 AA guns as targets for axis that would be nice.

German transport planes should be faster.

And more trees and stuff on the Crete, right now it looks like its being still devloped and its borring running around hills.

And diffrend cammouflages for Matildas, and Fallshirmjagers not Gebirsjagers would be nice. Also german gliders with extra equipment.

Gliders could work as spawnpoints after landing on crete, and allies could reduce ticket ratio for axis if destroyng them with shatchels etc.

Also germans could reduce allied ticker tratio by destroying AA guns (3-2) on map.

And one man cant operate with 1 bofors, where is the guy who load ammo and the one who sat on the second place on it?

And bigger villages, those right now are like 2-5 houses. Instead of making 6-7 flags you could makke 5-4 but more interesting.

Greets DesertRat :)

You Know There are not many people in a map and  the FH team will have to do alot of modding for that and it will just beone level like a waste o ftime   Crete is my fav level and i think it is really good how it is know and better than FH1's Version  ;D
Invasion of Normandy >>>>>>>>>> North Africa

Offline Royal_Marine_Machine

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 09-06-2009, 14:06:44 »
Crete is an awesome map, it's completely different to anyother map I've seen.

If you have good Pilots then they won't get shot down, they can get enough Altitude to allow the paratroopers to drop behind the British Lines and start taking out those Bofors!

Stop complaining about the AA because you get shot down, get decent pilots then capture the AA.

One nice Addition would be Transport Boats, so a squad could get ashore and start taking out Bofors so the Paratroopers can land.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 11-06-2009, 15:06:47 »
I'm pretty sure that there were no transport boats used to invade Crete, as the whole point of the paratroopers was to avoid going by sea.